Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Best anime evar

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AnHero View Post
    i should have mentioned Heroic Age... that was a really really good series
    it was, but i got bored w/ it.

same w/ gunXsword. in fact, the only ones i've ever fnished were outlaw star, gundam seed, evangelion, trinity blood, and hellsing.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

2. Default

I love too many to truly pick a single 'favorite' out of them, and I'm feeling too lazy to make a detailed list like others seem to be doing. But I'll just drop a couple of names here.

For the longest time, I would answer this question automatically and without hesitation. And the answer was YuGiOh! ((Duel Monsters, of course, I've still yet to find anywhere that has the original series that follows more closely to the manga... ;_; wants it so baaaad...))

Honest to god, I'm not joking with you. I truly do love that series-- though I suggest any of you haters try watching the actual show instead of the 4kids crap they aired here on Saturday mornings. -_- There's nothing quite like a duel that takes place on the glass roof of a skyscraper with a bomb beneath your feet that's attached to your life point counter. When you loose... you DIE. None of this "*mock eerie voice and waves hands 'mystically'* and get transported into the Shadow Realm, oooooooo" crap.

And the Pandora duel is probably my favorite one ever... "By the way, if you loose, you get your feet cut off by this ankle-height buzsaw that's connected to your life point meter. Have fun with that."

Mostly though... I love the characters and all the background stuff. The idea of "Soul Rooms" really hit the mark with me and I've occasionally gotten the urge to try to design out what I think mine would look like... though I've always chickened out because drawing 'setting' type things have always been a weak point for me. ><* But yeah, the Soul Rooms and the idea of two spirits sharing the same body and the havoc this can cause...

Of course, it has nothing to do with my fetish for white/silver haired pretty boys... *fawns over Bakura*

... ;_; I wish I knew where my cards were... I've actually had a couple of people say they'd be willing to learn to play...

Aaaanyway! I think my new generic/easy answer if I'm told I can only list a single favorite, is now Monster. I am completely psyched about it coming out in the US and so can't wait until I can own it all... Now if only it didn't cost $40 per 15 episodes considering it's a 72 or so episode long series. *cries*

And I'm gonna shut up now and slink back into my dark corner... because this turned into an unnecessarily long, rambling, and completely irrelevant post...

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SilverVistani View Post
    I love too many to truly pick a single 'favorite' out of them, and I'm feeling too lazy to make a detailed list like others seem to be doing. But I'll just drop a couple of names here.

For the longest time, I would answer this question automatically and without hesitation. And the answer was YuGiOh! ((Duel Monsters, of course, I've still yet to find anywhere that has the original series that follows more closely to the manga... ;_; wants it so baaaad...))

Honest to god, I'm not joking with you. I truly do love that series-- though I suggest any of you haters try watching the actual show instead of the 4kids crap they aired here on Saturday mornings. -_- There's nothing quite like a duel that takes place on the glass roof of a skyscraper with a bomb beneath your feet that's attached to your life point counter. When you loose... you DIE. None of this "*mock eerie voice and waves hands 'mystically'* and get transported into the Shadow Realm, oooooooo" crap.

And the Pandora duel is probably my favorite one ever... "By the way, if you loose, you get your feet cut off by this ankle-height buzsaw that's connected to your life point meter. Have fun with that."

Mostly though... I love the characters and all the background stuff. The idea of "Soul Rooms" really hit the mark with me and I've occasionally gotten the urge to try to design out what I think mine would look like... though I've always chickened out because drawing 'setting' type things have always been a weak point for me. ><* But yeah, the Soul Rooms and the idea of two spirits sharing the same body and the havoc this can cause...

Of course, it has nothing to do with my fetish for white/silver haired pretty boys... *fawns over Bakura*

... ;_; I wish I knew where my cards were... I've actually had a couple of people say they'd be willing to learn to play...

Aaaanyway! I think my new generic/easy answer if I'm told I can only list a single favorite, is now Monster. I am completely psyched about it coming out in the US and so can't wait until I can own it all... Now if only it didn't cost $40 per 15 episodes considering it's a 72 or so episode long series. *cries*

And I'm gonna shut up now and slink back into my dark corner... because this turned into an unnecessarily long, rambling, and completely irrelevant post...
    o.O :poke:
    i want you to play wcs once the server's back up. this will result in entertainment for all. strangely, you'd probably fit right in
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    o.O oke:
    i want you to play wcs once the server's back up. this will result in entertainment for all. strangely, you'd probably fit right in
    .... WCS? .... nani?

5. Default

It is a mod for CS:S you need steam to buy it and then play it.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    It is a mod for CS:S you need steam to buy it and then play it.

**really sucks at abbreviations** ... CS:S...?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SilverVistani View Post
    **really sucks at abbreviations** ... CS:S...?
    Counter-Strike: Source. They havin a game conversation in our anime conversation.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

8. Default

It is hard to pick one for the best, so I will throw out a couple. First and foremost would have to be Ghost In The Shell, because of it's great action, sci-fi elements, and its a great political drama.

Next would be a three-way tie between Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, and Eureka Seven, all of which were great at what they did.

After that would be another threeway between Neon Genesis Evangelion, Fullmetal Alchemist (both and movie), and Black Lagoon. More of a list than one choice, but what can I say?

9. Default

I will agree with your Eva and Hellsing, and raise you one Paranoia Agents and Serial Experiments Lain

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ndifeuno View Post
    I will agree with your Eva and Hellsing, and raise you one Paranoia Agents and Serial Experiments Lain
    Satoshi Kon ;__;

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews