Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Best anime evar

Default Best anime evar

In a thread which is sure to cause much debate, confusion and possibly eventual dismembered limbs, discuss what is truly the BEST ANIME EVAR.

I am exempt from this discussion as I actually cannot pick a favorite. But maybe YOU can!

Have fun!
    Avatar: Kyubey (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)

Real name: Perry Logan, Higurashi/Umineko Scholar Extraordinaire

Game/Visual Novel Currently Playing: SotC/Steins;Gate 8-bit

2. Default

The Best Anime ever = Bakemonogatari
    The Best Movie Ever = The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

Runner Up series that are almost the best:
    Macross Frontier, Ef a Tale of Memories, Planettes, Great Teacher Onizuka, Diebuster Ova's

Runner Up Movies that are almost the best:
    5 Centimeters Per Second, Voices of a Distant Star, Paprika, Kara no Kyoukai 5, and the unreleased Fate Stay/Night UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS movie

Best QUALITY award is a tie under : Akikan and Green Green

Agree with Austin on the Movie for sure, that was a work of art.

Best Anime, I really can't say, so many are good for different reasons.

4. Default

This is a tough one...although my opinion varies greatly based on what I'm watching or what's going on, or just my mood, I'd have to say it's between one of these three (no particular order)...

1.) Elfen Lied -

What can I say? I love a good romantic tragedy! Also one of the few series that I can literally sit and watch again and again and never grow tired of. The story is great, and of course, me being a red-blooded male, I enjoy me some good violence and boobs anyday. ;P

The manga version of this is also amazing, albeit the ending, while more fitting to the series, is far sadder. :'(

(though don't get me started on talking about how much I had Yuka...most annoying anime character...EVER...though I suppose that was supposed to be her point ;P ).

2.) Black Lagoon -

Another good anime with a fairly dark story. Again confirming that I am one crazy bastard with a weakness for slightly crazy women. ;P

Episode 7 alone I have to honestly say is probably one of the best episodes of any anime I have ever seen. (The scene where they are watching p*rn in particular was freaking hilarious!)

This series is also, oddly enough, the best english dub I've ever seen hands down. I have to applaud the dubbers in that they didn't tone down the language or censor it at all (because we all know how foul mouthed Revy can be ;P ).

This is by far the series I'm most excited about seeing continued, as both the manga and novels are amazing...must...watch...season 3... *twitch* -.0

3.) Fullmetal Alchemist (and Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood) -

Yes, I realize these are *technically* two different series, though they are both up there in being amazing. I have enjoyed both versions of the anime, they have done an amazing job on both versions.

I have to give FMA the credit it deserves, I still think that this show (and parhaps maybe Death Note) is the only "main stream" anime that deserves all the credit it gets, it's just that amazing.

Best characters designs I've seen in any anime ever!

4.) FLCL (or FuRiCuRi, or FoolyCooly ... whatever the hell ya wanna call it ;P)

An old series, but still one of my all time favorites, as I'm sure some of you have heard me harp. ;P

I'm still annoyed to this day I don't own a legal copy of it, as it is out of print :'( ...but this show is a must watch for anyone who ever wants to call themselves a true anime fan.

Best part? This show is really as crazy as people say it is...it's the kind of show you can watch over 30 times (believe me, I have ;P) and STILL see something new each time!

5.) Dragonball -

Please note...

I said DRAGONBALL!

NOT DBZ, DBGT, or DBWhateverTheF*ckElse!

Dragonball, plan and simple, is by far one of the best shounen classics ever made. Hell, you'd be hard pressed to find a shounen series out today that doesn't on at least some level pay homage or draw from this series.

It really is that good.

From amazing character designs, to a plot that is pretty much known by almost anyone, anime fan or otherwise, it really is a much watch for any anime fan.

Heh...this list was actually a little harder for me to write than it looks, I have too many shows that I just absolutely love to death that didn't even make it up here, it's that hard a pick.

Lord knows my manga list would be very different as well... (don't even get me started, I read FAR more manga than I watch anime ;P )... but enough rambling, that's my 2 cents ;P

5. Default

If we're talking sujectively then:

Anime=Bleach
    Got me to start watching subs(still watch dubs of any series if I can). Has a special place in my heart that has yet to be usurped.

Movie=Pokemon: The First Movie
    First one I saw. And c'mon, who didn't just LOVE this movie who didn't watch the show as a kid and then watch the movie when it came out in theaters? Fucking epic. Just yea! And like, the battle during the opening credits and like, the whole, "OH shit! The show never looked this GOOD! This is just fuckin' RAW!" feeling you got once the battle started! Again, Pokemon holds a special place in my heart that is shinier and way cooler than the one Bleach holds.
    Last edited by Pakikaze; 06-01-2010 at 05:24 AM.

6. Default

My favorite in terms of Anime has to be Full metal Panic,

Full metal Panic Fumoffu is absolutely, and utterly side splitting in how hilarious it is. you have to admit, the fact that he pulls out a shotgun, and shoots the karate dude in the face with a practice slug in a hand to hand combat match is insanely funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_covJ5Z-77k

Rezel<ibis>: i'll make a self reliant artificial intelligence to deal with admins... I'll call it maynard 1.0 a exact replica of his personality to kick the shit out of bad admins..
    maynard<ibis>: an army of AI maynards.... this pleases me.

7. Default Favorites / Best

My favorites would be:
    Golden Boy
    Monster
    Major

Edit: eh.. wrong place ... meh.
    Last edited by Nicknames; 06-18-2010 at 08:01 AM.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nicknames View Post
    My favorites would be:
    Golden Boy
    Monster
    Major

Edit: eh.. wrong place ... meh.
    I absolutely love your list

/hi5

GoldenBoy was groundbreaking for what an ecchi series should be, Monster was an amazing drama, and Major was surprisingly good imho

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

9. Default

1) Hellsing
    This anime is incredible. It's what a vampire story should be. No sparkles, no teenage angst, just a bad-ass vampire that could destroy the world if he wanted to. It's also one of the best english dubs i've ever seen. In fact, you must watch this one in english. It's set in england, so you need the english accents.

2) Neon Genesis EVANGELION
    The god of anime. A literal mindfuck whenever you watch it. only rated lower than hellsing because the protagonist is a whiney pussy. oh yeah, and the last 2 episodes

3) Trinity Blood
    another vampire one, this time more like Vampire Hunter D. a special vampire-vampire (drinks vampire blood) works for the vatican, and tries to save the world from those out to destroy it.

4) Outlaw Star
    iagine cowboy bebop, now make it better. Watch it in english, the dub's incredible. it's got a cat-girl, magic guns, and ships that box each other.

5) Gundam Seed
    very very good mecha show. not much else to say. one of the best gundam shows i've seen. never watched 08th ms team, but of the original, G gundam, gundam x, gundam wing, and gundam 00 this is the best.

runners up:
    gunXsword (mecha/western)
    full metal alchemist: brotherhood (fma)
    elfen leid (mindfuck to the nth degree)
    inuyasha (my first anime, shut up)
    Heroic Age (imagine battlestar galactica, with massive bio-mechanical creatures thrown in)
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    1) Hellsing
    This anime is incredible. It's what a vampire story should be. No sparkles, no teenage angst, just a bad-ass vampire that could destroy the world if he wanted to. It's also one of the best english dubs i've ever seen. In fact, you must watch this one in english. It's set in england, so you need the english accents.

2) Neon Genesis EVANGELION
    The god of anime. A literal mindfuck whenever you watch it. only rated lower than hellsing because the protagonist is a whiney pussy. oh yeah, and the last 2 episodes

3) Trinity Blood
    another vampire one, this time more like Vampire Hunter D. a special vampire-vampire (drinks vampire blood) works for the vatican, and tries to save the world from those out to destroy it.

4) Outlaw Star
    iagine cowboy bebop, now make it better. Watch it in english, the dub's incredible. it's got a cat-girl, magic guns, and ships that box each other.

5) Gundam Seed
    very very good mecha show. not much else to say. one of the best gundam shows i've seen. never watched 08th ms team, but of the original, G gundam, gundam x, gundam wing, and gundam 00 this is the best.

runners up:
    gunXsword (mecha/western)
    full metal alchemist: brotherhood (fma)
    elfen leid (mindfuck to the nth degree)
    inuyasha (my first anime, shut up)
    Heroic Age (imagine battlestar galactica, with massive bio-mechanical creatures thrown in)
    i should have mentioned Heroic Age... that was a really really good series

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews