Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself!

Default Hajimemashite~

Tiffany desu, douzo yoroshiku (don't be fooled, my Japanese actually sucks haha). I'm a freshman this year, Art Studio major, and new to the anime club (um, duh, -freshman-). I'm a complete dork. Video games, anime, manga, cosplay, RPs, DnD, Gaia, DeviantArt... If it's nerdy, I've done it (most likely). I'm Ashley(Vampire Penguin)'s friend and I TOTALLY take credit for introducing her to anime (although we have VASTLY different tastes, she has some good ones up there) haha Love ya, Ash! I figured I'd post my top 11 favorite anime and top 10 manga. All of Studio Ghibli's films are amazing, just saying.

Anime
    1. Cowboy Bebop
    2. Outlaw Star
    3. Mushi Shi
    4. Angel Beats!
    5. FLCL
    6. Majin Tentei Nougami Neuro
    7. DeathNote
    8. Ouran High School Host Club
    9. Bleach
    10. Hayate the Combat Butler
    11. Fullmetal Alchemist

Manga
    1. The Demon Ororon
    2. Zombie Powder
    3. Saiyuki
    4. Claymore
    5. Rurounni Kenshin
    6. Claymore
    7. Chrono Crusade
    8. Bizenghast
    9.Mobile Suit Gundam Ecole du Ciel
    10. xxxHolic
    11. Battle Royale

SO yeah. That was a long post, sorry. Hope to see you all around campus. Ciao!
    Exploration, experimentation, exploration, explanation! -Ed~<3 (Cowboy Bebop)

2. Default

Glad to see you on the forums and hopefully at the meeting soon. You may want to check out this thread: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3557

if you want to list out what anime you have seen. It is sort of a one stop thread for people to make lists and descriptions to make it easier for people looking for series to come up with some ideas.

Default Hello

Hi, I'm Nick Blocher and I'm a Christ following, otaku woodsman, preparing for the zombie invasion! That's somewhat close to what I'm in a nutshell. Also emurock is my geocaching name which I use for that and other internet sites to. I'm also big vocaloid fan, I do enjoy gaming from time to time but the main games that I play are DDR and Harvestmoon. Well that just a few things about me and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

4. Default

I'm Mason Coffey. I have many interests, one of which is anime. I'm not much of a gamer. I'm pretty tolerant of everything. I have no problem with older anime or newer anime, both cell and digital have their merits. Hello.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AC Drawings View Post
    Who is this Matt Person you speak of?

No seriously, who?
    so you are not Kenan and/or Kel

most interesting

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Quote Originally Posted by emurock View Post
    Hi, I'm Nick Blocher and I'm a Christ following, otaku woodsman, preparing for the zombie invasion! That's somewhat close to what I'm in a nutshell. Also emurock is my geocaching name which I use for that and other internet sites to. I'm also big vocaloid fan, I do enjoy gaming from time to time but the main games that I play are DDR and Harvestmoon. Well that just a few things about me and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here!
    You are the only other person I've ever heard admit to playing Harvest Moon <3 haha That's awesome n___n
    Exploration, experimentation, exploration, explanation! -Ed~<3 (Cowboy Bebop)

Quote Originally Posted by MagicWaffleFaerie View Post
    You are the only other person I've ever heard admit to playing Harvest Moon <3 haha That's awesome n___n
    Thanks, I enjoy harvesting my crops and having good times doing so.

Playing a genuinely fun, heartwarming, enjoyable, and rewarding game series? Why on earth would people want to keep that a secret?

Harvest Moon 64 is the only one I was able to get though.

Not to mention that playing Harvest Moon as a child (for guys, anyway) is pretty much the gateway to other dating sims/visual novels for when you grow up.
    Last edited by RamenPoodle; 09-15-2010 at 10:27 PM.
    Avatar: Kyubey (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)

Real name: Perry Logan, Higurashi/Umineko Scholar Extraordinaire

Game/Visual Novel Currently Playing: SotC/Steins;Gate 8-bit

Oh-hai-yo!
    Hey, I'm Becca. I'm also a new member this year for the club. =^_^= I'm into anime and manga (of course), as well as East Asian dramas and cooking, Japanese culture, RPGing, and one day I want to learn Japanese.
    I was the president and reviver of the Anime Manga Youth Club at the Academy at WKU (which was renamed Nippon Kulture, Anime, and Manga Individuals (Nikami)).

*If you want to get addicted to something funny, random, and sweet, just ask me for some asian drama titles. I'm slowly corrupting your study time. And if it's already been stolen by anime, I can drag you into the 3rd dimension: live actions of famous anime and manga. And trust me, these dramas are no where near what you see in the US/Mexico/Europe.
    Last edited by Shadegem; 09-15-2010 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadegem View Post
    *If you want to get addicted to something funny, random, and sweet, just ask me for some asian drama titles. I'm slowly corrupting your study time. And if it's already been stolen by anime, I can drag you into the 3rd dimension: live actions of famous anime and manga. And trust me, these dramas are no where near what you see in the US/Mexico/Europe.
    When you say "live actions of anime and manga", are you talking about things like the live action Honey and Clover adaptation, the NANA live action movie, the Higurashi live action movie, and (dare I mention it) the Detroit Metal City movie? Because those things are awesome.

And Asian dramas can be especially fun; if you ever do decide to take Japanese, you'll actually get to watch a few (in their native language, of course, usually sans subtitles).
    Avatar: Kyubey (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)

Real name: Perry Logan, Higurashi/Umineko Scholar Extraordinaire

Game/Visual Novel Currently Playing: SotC/Steins;Gate 8-bit