Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself!

Well I thought that I would have posted on a thread like this already... but I suppose I haven't. Anyways, my name's Jacob for those who don't already know. I divide my free time mostly between anime and adventure and/or RPG video games.
    Primarily I've played Square-Enix and Legend of Zelda games, though there are a few others that I like playing, and even more that I know I'd enjoy playing.
    Lately I've been playing the heck out of several of my LofZ games.
    Also, I've been watching a number of simulcast series on the Funimation video portal.
    And another thing that's good to know is that my mind jumps around a lot, so... drat I forget what I was going to say.

Anyways, I've been a club member since last year, and my screen name is usually Ryujin99, so I'm pretty easy to locate... on the sites that I actually have accounts.

And a final note: for those who really like anime, I suggest checking out MyAnimeList.net It's a great site to keep track of what you've watched, watching, and/or planning to watch.
    Foolishness is the bane of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by RamenPoodle View Post
    When you say "live actions of anime and manga", are you talking about things like the live action Honey and Clover adaptation, the NANA live action movie, the Higurashi live action movie, and (dare I mention it) the Detroit Metal City movie? Because those things are awesome.
    I'm not entirely sure, I've never looked into those. But there's Boys over Flowers, which is based off the manga, as well as Absolute Boyfriend, Hana Kimi, Antique Bakery (which I never read the manga for but the movie was interesting), Coffee Prince, and a ton more. Basically if something is very popular they'll try to make a drama of it. And the countries like to compete too: Boys over flowers (Korean), was made to better the Japanese and Taiwanese versions on visuals (they have some pretty hot guys in it. ^_^), while the Taiwanese version sticks a bit closer to the actual storyline and the Japanese version covers a lot more of the manga's plot (or so I've heard. Haven't gotten to watch that one yet.) The dramas are (well, depending on the country) about 1 hr long episodes that have anywhere from 14 to 23 episodes a season, which means I've spent my lazy days off watching 4 or more episodes in one sitting and then stopping to get some food.
    But just judge for yourself. asianrice.tv is a great place to find them, so just watch the first 10 min or so of Boys over flowers (korean) and see how you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadegem View Post
    I'm not entirely sure, I've never looked into those. But there's Boys over Flowers, which is based off the manga, as well as Absolute Boyfriend, Hana Kimi, Antique Bakery (which I never read the manga for but the movie was interesting), Coffee Prince, and a ton more. Basically if something is very popular they'll try to make a drama of it. And the countries like to compete too: Boys over flowers (Korean), was made to better the Japanese and Taiwanese versions on visuals (they have some pretty hot guys in it. ^_^), while the Taiwanese version sticks a bit closer to the actual storyline and the Japanese version covers a lot more of the manga's plot (or so I've heard. Haven't gotten to watch that one yet.) The dramas are (well, depending on the country) about 1 hr long episodes that have anywhere from 14 to 23 episodes a season, which means I've spent my lazy days off watching 4 or more episodes in one sitting and then stopping to get some food.
    But just judge for yourself. asianrice.tv is a great place to find them, so just watch the first 10 min or so of Boys over flowers (korean) and see how you like it.
    I guess it would make sense that I haven't watched any of those, as they're all shonen-ai. I'm a guy, and I do love my shojo, but I tend to leave that category to the girls. Thanks anyway though. I highly recommend anything I talked about in the previous post for really good live-action though.
    Avatar: Kyubey (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)

Real name: Perry Logan, Higurashi/Umineko Scholar Extraordinaire

Game/Visual Novel Currently Playing: SotC/Steins;Gate 8-bit

4. Default

desu desu desu
    Last edited by AnHero; 09-23-2010 at 10:19 PM.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Default [no subject] ... .... .....kinda

Hello, I'm Josh, just joined the club this semester.
    Lessee.... is there anything you really need to know about me? Hmmmm... Well, what anime I like would help I guess.... So far as I've seen, everything I like goes on a case by case basis, though I tend to like a number of darker series, even if dark purely in humor, i.e. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Hmmm... I like overuse of ellipses... ummm... Like most other people I know, I've liked all of Miyazaki's works I've seen, I tend to like clichés even though they're overused, I liked the first season of Darker than Black (and would like to see the second), Ergo Proxy, Casshern Sins (confusing as... let's say... the number i but still interesting), manga of xxxHolic (only seen the movie for the anime) and various other things.

Like most other people fan-service is good, but too much of a good thing can be bad... loooong pause........... and then it just pisses me off.

Ah, yes one other thing. I also tend to avoid the incredibly popular, though the definition of that is pretty vague, I've grown farther away from Code Geass, Death Note, and Naruto in reverse order. All this is essentially saying, is that I refuse to become or remain a fan of some series.

Well, let's not put my life story in one post. That's all for now! (omit folks)
    Oh, but one more thing, we sometimes subconsciously talk in plural first person.
    And enough is never enough.

Edit: oh yeah, ryujin99/jake is my older brother.
    Last edited by lyndwyrm; 09-23-2010 at 09:58 PM. Reason: forgot something

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lyndwyrm View Post
    Hello, I'm Josh, just joined the club this semester.
    Okaeri Nasai Awesome-san
    youkuso UK Anime Clubbbuuu desu

Quote Originally Posted by AnHero View Post
    Okaeri Nasai Awesome-san
    youkuso UK Anime Clubbbuuu desu
    You're in Japanese class, you know. You can now take the weeaboo-speak to the next level and add hiragana! XD

Also, a brotip: it's spelled yookoso in English but transcribed as youkoso. It's the title of your freakin' textbook, how do you misspell that? lol Besides, when you get into transcription, shit gets weird. Double consonants and tricky vowels and stuff. And when you get into the rare item synthesis portion of the course, it gets even weirder *.

oh yeah, and you'll most likely watch a Miyazaki movie without subtitles. Your teacher may vary; hell, we watched One Piece at one point.

* For anyone actually wondering, there is unfortunately no rare item synthesis portion in JPN 101. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by AnHero View Post
    desu desu desu
    Didn't this used to be a post where you proclaimed your love for shonen-ai? You can't hide from me.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RamenPoodle View Post
    Didn't this used to be a post where you proclaimed your love for shonen-ai? You can't hide from me.
    I THOUGHT I WAS REFERRING TO REVERSE HAREMS

desu

Yo.

*waves*

My name is Bethany and I am currently not a member of the UK anime club, however, I have been trying to get in contact with someone to find out about the club and then stumbled onto this lovely site.

I thought the introduction section would be the fastest way to get the information I need.

Oh.

And I am very interested in joining the club.

Oh.

And I love the anime and the pudding pops. I am currently watching SoulEater.