Thread: Headset Suggestions?

1. Default Headset Suggestions?

Yes I know, everyone bitches about my mic sounding like i'm underwater so any suggestions?

I want a headset with good sound and mic, but so far in my search it's been and a hit and miss. It will have reviews about great sound but a shitty mic or vice versa.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

First DO NOT use headsets.
    Second 99% of the time it is not the MIC
    99% of the time it is the DSP

I have been using the same free line in mic for 10 years without a problem but it sounds fine because I always have a good motherboard or sound card and thus DSP. Most new motherboards have good DSP in them so all you need is a line in mic. That is it, do not buy anything else.

This is all you need: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16836131024

You will notice especially on the 3.5mm mics that reviews are all over the place. This is becuase people do not know how to use or configure their mic or have a bad DSP.

This one is a bit more money http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826106810
    however it has better sensitivity and the frequency range is more restricted to help prevent background noise from being picked up.
    Last edited by ZERO; 04-30-2010 at 11:01 AM.

4. Default

Hah well thats good advice, I have had a headset before and now I have a desktop mic and everyone says it sounds like i'm under water. I try adjusting the levels and whatnot and I just can't figure out how to fix it.

hell i was about to post somthing like this cause i need a new mic as well

6. Default

Yeah. Before you go spending money on a headset you don't need, play with the output settings both on your computer and on Steam. You can generally hear how it sounds in settings with the "test your mic" feature.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me