Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: zombie classes

1. Default

The intent of the infected was to have a zombie that would work well under most conditions b/c it has the second lowest knockback 3rd most health and is pretty quick.

How about it I lower the knockback on that one more, then it would be more simular to a faster deformed only that it would lack the health and have a bit more speed.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    What I would really like to see is the development of an advanced human classes system. Where human classes had characteristics like zombie classes except that they get only cretin weapons and powers.

Think like WC3 mod or Onslaught put together minus the leveling. I think that this would finally create the dynamic gameplay and team strategy that many ZM fans desire.
    Zero, just speaking from a military... background(?) if you can call it that.

If you're thinking along the lines of human classes, think military, law enforcement, and/or black ops/contract agencies.

Military is split in sub-sections, and just going from your human classes idea... gunners, rifleman, grenadiers, etc. I don't know how exactly you would create sub-divisions for the classes, but rifleman would be your medium weight rifles, sub-machine guns, etc. Gunners would be MG, heavy weaponry. Snipers could be another class, rifles that have telescopic capabilities. The basic premise, in my eyes, would be to hypothetically build one kick-ass element based on supremacy of classes. These would create helpful atmospheres as players would have to befriend each other and create strategies to build upon one another. Basically a squad of rifleman MIGHT do it, but if you had a squad build with a gunner, couple rifleman and any other class you built that worked together, they could effectively rape round after round. That way ya can't be like pooter and just go to the solo spot and rack up a cade and just pillage for the next 5 minutes with your MG, lol.

This however, might deter some from using IBIS, in my opinion. Someone jumps in, brand new, never got their boots wet, and everyone splits off with their team leaving this guy stuck, alone, helpless. A good team-building atmosphere would need to be established, provided some maturity is used by players and they don't just tell the new guy to eff off and good luck.

LE and Black Ops would be similarly organized to the military, as both are considered "paramilitary organizations."

3. Default

Ok I understand what Stamp just said but cant even begin to formulate a good response to somthing so involved. Sounds like classes for humans is a great idea but will be a whole new list of pros and cons and all kinds of mess to sort out. Team balancing will be a major issue and I agree Id hate to be the one new guy who doesnt have a clue. Though if anyone can do it I believe Zero would be the one to make it happen!

I'd also like to say I got to see the new crawling zombie class in action last night and it looked super cool. The no damage except head shot thing didnt work... but the guy is still so low to the ground I think it wont matter given a fair amount of health. I also cant even imagine seeing 3 or 4 of those "things" crawling towards you in a vent!!!

4. Default

When I started demoing the idea 6 months ago here is what I ended with: oops I forgot the forums got deleted.

Basically what you already said except their would be a priest class. It is also important to note that I want the classes to have special items in addition to powers just like in onslaught. Speeds would also be different based on classes, for example the light armed strike forces would move fast but only have tmps and mac10s. However their special power could be a jump pad or the ability to turn invisible for a short time. The priest would be the one to have the most special items but they are logically limited. The reg rifleman could have stim packs for example but nothing stops them from handing them out to the heavies, summarily the heavies may have amo packs but they could give them to snipers. Some weapons could be made to do splash damage or only do it for a short time. In the next year after the release of the orange box update I am going to try to promote this mod concept as much as possible. I think that making the idea public to help gain support is the first step. With players already demanding a mod that is not even under development maybe we can get this crazy thing.

FYI, this one guy is making a "human classes" mod but it is very very basic and not close at all to what I would like to be able to do.

5. Default

hmmm thats sounds very much like team fortress, would the mod be eaiser to develop using that game/engine?

6. Default

No, especially b/c it is the same engine.

7. Default

mabey we should post this idea on other forums to gain support for it...might get some help to get it done faster...but that is just a thought.

8. Default

Congrats on the new Deformed, it's really awesome. Just one little thing, is there a tweak to make it's viewpoint a little lower, so you see can see what the zombie sees?

As for the Infected, yeah, a knockback of 2, speed of 300 and maybe a health of 3000 would make it a more popular.

Finally, a question: What exactly will human classes do? Do they give little bonuses and equally penalties such as
    Heavy Machinegunner: 25% faster reload with the MG (really worth a class, it's a widely used weapon) tradeoff for slower speed + cannot carry a pistol? <- just an idea made up on-spot.
    Last edited by Baliame; 08-09-2008 at 08:30 PM.

9. Default

Sort of, they get powers and changes in speed and jump and what kind of weapon they can have and even how much amo.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    When I started demoing the idea 6 months ago here is what I ended with: oops I forgot the forums got deleted.

Basically what you already said except their would be a priest class. It is also important to note that I want the classes to have special items in addition to powers just like in onslaught. Speeds would also be different based on classes, for example the light armed strike forces would move fast but only have tmps and mac10s. However their special power could be a jump pad or the ability to turn invisible for a short time. The priest would be the one to have the most special items but they are logically limited. The reg rifleman could have stim packs for example but nothing stops them from handing them out to the heavies, summarily the heavies may have amo packs but they could give them to snipers. Some weapons could be made to do splash damage or only do it for a short time. In the next year after the release of the orange box update I am going to try to promote this mod concept as much as possible. I think that making the idea public to help gain support is the first step. With players already demanding a mod that is not even under development maybe we can get this crazy thing.

FYI, this one guy is making a "human classes" mod but it is very very basic and not close at all to what I would like to be able to do.
    Yeah, thats really close to what I was thinking. The classes are not only dedicated to weapons, but if they work as a team with other classes, they could become an invincible element.

Can you do it Zero? lol

Ya got my support.