Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: zombie classes

1. Default

Sounds fun indeed. In that case, I'd like to add a few ideas here:
    Heavy (v.2): 25% faster reload with the M249, but he can only carry an M249 and grenades. They have the aforementioned ammo packs.
    Commando: Can only carry SMGs and Pistols. +25 speed and +25 jump. SMG clips are 50% larger. (if clip sizes can be modified) For a special ability, maybe temporary full cloak as a good escape tactic.
    Demolitioner: Shotguns and Pistols. +25 speed. Slightly faster shotgun reload. Has seven explosive shotgun shells, each one doing devastating damage and setting any enemies it hits on fire.
    Also, if classes are going to get extra jump, a little bonus health to humans wouldn't be bad (as it really doesn't matter, zombie instakills), seeing the poison takes damage if you land on the same level you jump off from.

Meanwhile I've found a problem with the new Deformed. It needs a slightly higher jump, since there are spots which it cannot jump up to and humans can, unless it's intended of course.

Finally, since I gathered programming knowledge over the years, I'm attempting to familiarize myself with the eventscripts, see if I can be of any help. Is the zombie classes script source public?
    Last edited by Baliame; 08-09-2008 at 11:55 PM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Baliame View Post
    Sounds fun indeed. In that case, I'd like to add a few ideas here:
    Heavy (v.2): 25% faster reload with the M249, but he can only carry an M249 and grenades. They have the aforementioned ammo packs.
    Commando: Can only carry SMGs and Pistols. +50 speed and +25 jump. SMG clips are 50% larger. (if clip sizes can be modified) For a special ability, maybe temporary full cloak as a good escape tactic.
    Demolitioner: Shotguns and Pistols. +75 speed. Slightly faster shotgun reload. Has seven explosive shotgun shells, each one doing devastating damage and setting any enemies it hits on fire.
    Also, if classes are going to get extra jump, a little bonus health to humans wouldn't be bad (as it really doesn't matter, zombie instakills), seeing the poison takes damage if you land on the same level you jump off from.

Meanwhile I've found a problem with the new Deformed. It needs a slightly higher jump, since there are spots which it cannot jump up to and humans can, unless it's intended of course.

Finally, since I gathered programming knowledge over the years, I'm attempting to familiarize myself with the eventscripts, see if I can be of any help. Is the zombie classes script source public?
    I don't think humans should be given speed boosts unless they're a weaker class(pistol only, maybe a tmp/scout, a scout type class). Going even faster as a human makes it very hard for a zombie to get to humans even out in the open with the knockback. Is it possible to certain classes have weapons do more damage?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Is it possible to certain classes have weapons do more damage?

I think that would be the point of the class. My thoughts about the classes would be increased accuracy with certain weapons their class is dedicated to, plus some additional options.

Like I said about gunners, if you make some class like that, they're a heavy weapons expert. You don't expect them (in reality) run at full speed and keep up with the rest of the crew, do you? A gunner would have to be a small percent slower than the rest of the human classes. Ammo packs, etc.

Maybe grenadiers would be a class where they can carry SMG's, nothing higher. But somehow they'd have the ability to get grenades anywhere (if possible?) or maybe like with gun-game, the grenade would come with "!give" command or something to that effect. Maybe a small percent faster than normal?

Riflemen/commandos would carry small arms or below, M4/AK's, SMGS, other rifles, etc. Not as heavy as gunners so they'd have a normal speed maybe slightly faster...

Ninjas? Extend the reach of a human's knife! Projectile knives!!! lol EXTRA fast too!

As for that deformed, Zero, that little bastard looks sick! The half torso and head just rollin around was funny as hell! Kudos!

4. Default

I've did a run though Eventscripts Wiki, and I've found interesting stuff. You can change any variable of an entity, including an individual player or a weapon, defined in the source code. If, that is, you can get the name of the variable somehow. Fortunately, most of them reside in the base classes, accessible from the Source SDK-esque HL2 source code. There are certain non-variable values which are unchangable, though.

Alright, after some research, I've found out that Valve has been quite an arse about variables. I cannot see any way to change the clip size, reload time, or damage of any individual weapon (with the exception of the damage of grenades).
    Last edited by Baliame; 08-10-2008 at 02:58 AM.

5. Default

clip size can changed, i played on a zombie horde server once where m4 had 100 bullets and 800 clip(not sure about clip). the thing was you couldnt reload at 30, cos than i defaulted to default clip, you had to reload at any number but 30.

6. Default

I know, that's basically the only thing you can change that's worth changing, but it's called "ammo currently in clip", not "clip size". I can change that but after you reload it resets to 30.

You know Clip is in the weapon right? :/
    ---

Increasing the damage of weapons is now possible, a little dodgy though; for an x% damage increase, it's basically doing x% of the damage done using es commands after the original damage has been done to the player. Bottom line, it works, possible now. I've yet to find a solution for reload times.

---

I've found some evil things I'll be able to use for this mod. I have one question though; is it possible to force all humans into CT at the beginning of each round? It may be a tad lot easier to set up this script so it doesn't affect zombies like that, since currently I have no idea how to hook up zombiemod with the script. Another way would be delaying the class effect changes until zombie spawn, however, that may leave a "security hole" in the script with the restricted class weapons.

I took the time to code a shotgunner class, which can only use shotguns, pistols and grenades, and has a 7-use-per-life special ability "Fire Shell", which sets the first zombie it hits on fire. Later, I'll test it with bots.
    Last edited by Baliame; 08-11-2008 at 06:43 AM.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig <ibis> View Post
    What about a type of zombie that was always drugged. Like when the screen goes all crazy when people punish you. The drugged zombie would have better stats than normal to compensate for the difficult control. It could probably only be used by people that practice a lot or have some skill. Just throwing the idea out there.
    This idea sounds awesome. I think (of course I have no basis for this) that it would be pretty easy to just try it out with an existing zombie and see how it goes. If it ends up sucking then just replace it with the original zombie.

8. Default

Drugging a fast zombie would be interesting as they would be hard to control...

9. Default

How about a seperate command, say, !zversion, where you could select if your zombie is "normal" or "drugged", each zombie getting maybe 25-50% extra health if they choose the drugged version. That would be a good way to avoid making a new class. And as a visual sign, the zombie's color could be changed to gray.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I think that if I change deformed to that crawling model it will make him harder to hit and will create a new aspect.
    lol Zero, you made him harder to hit alright...

If you use a vending machine for a cade, you can't even see the little bastard to hit him...