Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Help for Campus Ruckus

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Phazonmasher View Post
    There are no rules in terms of obnoxiousness or loudness. The point of Campus Ruckus is to be heard and seen. The more distractions we have, the better!
    So AMV's it is! Lets all watch and learn!
    A Molotov Cocktail?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Shoron View Post
    So AMV's it is! Lets all watch and learn!
    as long as it doesn't consist of Naruto, Bleach, or Onepiece =|

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

3. Default

bleach is good.

but yeah, i'd suggest hellsing, pumpkin scissors, eureka seven, and trinity blook ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    bleach is good.

but yeah, i'd suggest hellsing, pumpkin scissors, eureka seven, and trinity blook ones.
    bleach -__-

well i recommend the top amvs in this thread
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3652

the ones like Redona, Now or Never, KnK Incubus, etc are really good

especially compared to the "CRAWLING IN MY SKIN" videos that are so annoyingly common...

The only reasons i dont support bleach is mainly because the fanbase of it rarely is able to create a good amv... i would much more prefer AMV's that required a lot of work/dedication/quality to be displayed

5. Default

I think I will find something in my 200 AMV's that will qualify under that request....
    A Molotov Cocktail?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AnHero View Post
    The only reasons i dont support bleach is mainly because the fanbase of it rarely is able to create a good amv... i would much more prefer AMV's that required a lot of work/dedication/quality to be displayed
    Now now, the quality of a show itself is irrelevant as to whether or not a good AMV can be made of it. I would also argue that Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece themselves are all also good anime / manga (whether or not they deserve all the hype they get is another matter entirely ;P ), but to each his own...

But yes, some good AMVs would be nice, just keep in mind though we might want to make sure we pick songs that might not be too graphic... while our audience *is* technically an older age, it's probably best to keep in mind that it is going to be a public showing...God forbid we piss off the university staff from playing a song with too many swear words >_<

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by papa_smurf View Post
    Now now, the quality of a show itself is irrelevant as to whether or not a good AMV can be made of it. I would also argue that Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece themselves are all also good anime / manga (whether or not they deserve all the hype they get is another matter entirely ;P ), but to each his own...

But yes, some good AMVs would be nice, just keep in mind though we might want to make sure we pick songs that might not be too graphic... while our audience *is* technically an older age, it's probably best to keep in mind that it is going to be a public showing...God forbid we piss off the university staff from playing a song with too many swear words >_<
    If I can tone my selection down for my high school club with a super anal teacher, I'm pretty sure I can select appropriate AMV's for a college
    A Molotov Cocktail?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Shoron View Post
    If I can tone my selection down for my high school club with a super anal teacher, I'm pretty sure I can select appropriate AMV's for a college
    can we please show the Redonna & Now or Never one?

both are fantastic, plus Macross Frontier is one of my favorite series of all time

9. Default

I will see when we get there. We have 3 months and I ain't taking requests.
    A Molotov Cocktail?

10. Default

I say we use the top amv thread as a guide as we would want things that a large number of people would enjoy. For example I showed some of the vids I posted in there to people who hate anime and refuse to watch it. Despite the fact that they do not like anime they said that they really enjoyed the videos especially Redonna becuase they said it was creative and together forever becuase they liked the song. On this note I think it is best to just have a few very high production quality amvs that just go in a loop rather than have a huge amount of different stuff. It is not as though someone is actually going to be watching them all anyways.

So it is the weekend before school starts!? I usually do not even get back to KY until the night before/morning that school starts.

Also does anyone have a list of what we think we will do so far, from what I understand it looks like:
    Cosplay,
    AMV projection,
    demo discs of unlicenced anime,
    and fliers

-Sound about right?