Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Help for Campus Ruckus

1. Default Help for Campus Ruckus

It's a given that Zach will be participating in Campus ruckus already, I am also available for the summer to work on Ruckus preparations past June 1st

Basically Zach would like to have Volunteers do Cosplay and possibly attract a lot of (positive or negative... i wouldn't know) publicity for the club and get some new members

Jobs would probably entail making fliers, setting up a table, creating cosplays, and learning dances/etc from popular anime if we decide on it

If you are free during the summer at all, and have a free schedule to help out for campus ruckus during K-Week, you should post a reply here

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

I'd be happy to help out with Campus Ruckus, but I need to know a few things:
    When is it?
    Do we have a cosplay/flyer theme?
    What dances?
    Any other info that's relevant to the event.

I should have time to mess around with sewing and such over the summer to make a half-decent cosplay, but I'll need to know what I should make, asap.

Basically, tell me some specifics and I'll see what I can do. I'll be able to say more about how much I'll be able to do once I know a little more about the plans.^_^;

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ryujin99 View Post
    When is it?
    What dances?

I should have time to mess around with sewing and such over the summer to make a half-decent cosplay, but I'll need to know what I should make, asap.

Basically, tell me some specifics and I'll see what I can do. I'll be able to say more about how much I'll be able to do once I know a little more about the plans.^_^;
    i'm not at uk, obviously, but i know what you should make. either alucard or anderson. done
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ryujin99 View Post
    When is it?
    What dances?

Campus ruckus will take place around the first week of school. You may or may not already have classes at the moment

for dances I'm looking at something like the haruhi ending dance or the Caramelldansen dance, something simple or well known amongst anime fans would be fun to do.

Flyer themes have not been done, please PM Zach or Me you're designs if you want, if it is good we could probably use it. I am free to make a design if nobody wants to, but its not good if i have all the spotlight for club activity

Cosplay... Originally going to be Ouran High School Host Club, however some people including myself would like to do other types of Cosplay... So if you would like to do something else besides that as a group or individually please submit you're reply

If there are enough people for the Host club idea, we will probably do that. If not many people are interested, Zach will probably allow individual cosplay

For any more info in case i don't respond, email me at [email protected] or IM me at ObsoleteSavior @ AIM.com

5. Default

Campus Ruckus is traditionally the Saturday before school starts. This means that upperclassmen who usually move into their dorms on Sunday need to move in on Friday or Saturday. It usually takes place at Memorial Coliseum at the parking lot aka K Lot. It runs from about 7 p.m. to about midnight. You will be standing a lot and you will be getting bumrushed by freshmen trying to get to the cotton candy machine that some random frat has set up. We will prevail though and kidnap some of them with our wonderful cosplay. Also, the host club idea seems to be generally disliked so I'm allowing individual cosplay but please put some effort into it. I'm not asking for awesome Japanese comiket perfection but don't put on a ratty white t-shirt, blue jeans and some eyeliner and call yourself L. That shit pisses me off.

6. Default

I have to be at UK on the 16th as it is, so sure, I can help out. If we can get power, we can have AMV's running to attract with flashing lights and bitchin' tunes.
    A Molotov Cocktail?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Shoron View Post
    I have to be at UK on the 16th as it is, so sure, I can help out. If we can get power, we can have AMV's running to attract with flashing lights and bitchin' tunes.
    Ehhh... i dont know if we would get positive publicity through projecting AMV's during an event when other music and etc are going on... then again i dont know the rules or anything behind the event, so it might be possible

The idea I'm doing is making demo-cd's with currently aired unlicensed series on them

It'll be the subbed 1st/2nd episodes of the spring/summer 2010 season from TV rips, so we shouldn't face any issues towards licenses/etc....

8. Default

I dunno about that. At the rate things seem to get licensed around here, that could run into trouble and could cost a lot to do. There wasn't too much music if I remember from where the club was stationed last year. Also, there was that club stand that we had during the latter part of K-Week that was very quiet. I dunno. Bright flashing lights, pretty colors, moe girls on a computer screen. Sounds appealing.
    A Molotov Cocktail?

9. Default

I'm game for helping out, assuming I have not job-related issues or something that day.

I honestly have to say, in my opinion it would be better to have people each cosplay different characters from several different anime, rather than have people all from the same show, especially characters (no offense to Ouran High School Host Club ) whom all wear generic Japanese School uniforms (or generic butler outfits) and are not immediately recognizable or stand out to people who don't already know everything about the show they are from.

Keep in mind, we're trying to recruit people here...potentially people who might be curious, but don't really know a lot about anime. A more varied cast of cosplayers would probably be more appealing, remember, there are several people who don't actually enjoy the "high school" setting oh so common in a lot of anime. ;P

The only question of course... is who should I dress as, I'm open for ideas. Preferably someone who's costume wouldn't be really hard or expensive to make / buy, I can't sew worth a damn ;P

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AnHero View Post
    Ehhh... i dont know if we would get positive publicity through projecting AMV's during an event when other music and etc are going on... then again i dont know the rules or anything behind the event, so it might be possible

The idea I'm doing is making demo-cd's with currently aired unlicensed series on them

It'll be the subbed 1st/2nd episodes of the spring/summer 2010 season from TV rips, so we shouldn't face any issues towards licenses/etc....
    There are no rules in terms of obnoxiousness or loudness. The point of Campus Ruckus is to be heard and seen. The more distractions we have, the better!