Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best AMV

1. Default

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
    Last edited by StarsMine; 08-07-2010 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

2. Default

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
    Watch this, is just epic

3. Default

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    Zero, had you seen Redona before I posted it on the video thread.
    That second one was brilliant

Youtubes compression 3 years ago sucked major ass.
    No that was the first time that I saw it. Also yea I had the same problem with youtube as the quality of some that I posted looks really bad verses the actual video.

5. Default

might not be the best (and i know it's not, that one was a hellsing one i saw a long time ago, forget the song though) but this one's damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    might not be the best (and i know it's not, that one was a hellsing one i saw a long time ago, forget the song though) but this one's damn good.
    The editing was rather good, however the source material was absolute crap, you never do an amv from a hardsubed fansub. Or with the time, it just kills everything.

However, here is another well done eureka seven

7. Default

Last edited by acolyte_to_jippity; 05-02-2010 at 10:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

8. Default

I've been out of the AMV circuit for quite some time, but there needs to be some oldschool mastery in here. Keep in mind that the tools were much more limited in the days of these guys:
    Kevin Caldwell - One of the major AMV makers pre-2001ish. Made a wonderful video of the 2nd Memories short, Magnetic Rose, set to Phantom of the Opera:
    Last edited by Fireye; 05-02-2010 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Hopefully these are the right bbcode tags for youtube..
    Kiro : us fireyes got dumb by his girl that y he is suck

9. Default

Jay Locke - Wasn't a master of AMV, per se, but a friend of mine who made an AMV that won a few awards ~2001. There weren't many people using compositing/postproduction software with AMVs at the time. The vast majority of AMVs were cut to cut, which pays heedence to the origins of AMVs (VCR-->VCR dubbing)

10. Default

As far as I'm aware, Miyazaki/Ghibli has only made one music video, though I suppose I could be wrong on that. On Your Mark was a video done with the japanese pop stars Chage and Aska. For Ghibli, it was a test-bed for integrating 3d CGI with 2d Cel Animation, in preparation for Mononoke Hime. I think it's beautifully animated:

I'm not going to post any more AMVs, since I don't think they would fall under the "five star rating", but I want to link them somewhere, and here seems appropriate:
    Two-Mix - White Reflection: This was featured in Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz. Don't let that frighten you off, the animation for this is absolutely incredible for the time period (1997). I have the dvd for this somewhere, and the animation is amazingly fluid, the backgrounds rich and lush, amazing since there had yet to be one digital paint anime yet to come out that looked decent.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0YKfhyrn0A&hd=1

Maboroshi Studios - Lain - Sleep now: This AMV wasn't allowed in to several competitions when it was released because the conventions thought it was actually a Pioneer/Geneon video made for promoting Serial Experiments Lain.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaFayr9zI-8

Kevin Caldwell - Neon Genesis Evangelion - Engel: Another awesome Kevin Caldwell video set to Ramstein. Hilarious how they use he uses the voice in the song. Note: All of his music videos EXCEPT Believe are done VCR-->VCR.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8EXJ5p4xZk

Kevin Caldwell - Battle Athletes Victory - Believe: One of Kevin's last videos, and one of first (if not his only) video to use Compositing/PostPro software. This is a very well edited AMV, which has some minor issues.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlTJbe5zvSs

Kevin Caldwell - Kodomo no Omocha - Caffeine Encodium: This debuted with Believe, above. Orchestral Music works pretty well for this really.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rg_qabWIQg

Maboroshi Studios - Nausicaa - Loved by the Sun: Ok. This isn't a great AMV. But I freaking love Nausicaa and this is a great song selection for it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C2IfSMGm3U

Koopiskeva - Haruhi - Skittles: This... isn't the best video, but it's fun to watch one in a while. My only major objection to this HUGELY WORK INTENSIVE AMV is the use of onscreen text, which I think is cheesy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYoSYD2xORE&hd=1
    Last edited by Fireye; 05-03-2010 at 12:13 AM.