Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: L4D2 Ibis Team

1. Default

Well will anyone play a game of the original l4d with me? My new computer rips l4d to shreds. I'm also not that bad advanced so far.

2. Default

I play l4d2 and I have no complaints, probably because my computer isn't a piece of shit.

3. Default

Taking a car and putting a 3.2 liter engine in place of the old 3.0 liter one does not make it a completely different car.

they may have made this or that different in small way and added a few things but the facts stand that it was a quick turn around in a year with minor mods to everything and therefore its an expansion pack not a new game.

A new game would be the equavalent of half life 1 VS 2 or even portal 1 vs 2

NOT Left 4 Dead: The New Orleans Expansion Pack At 60 bucks

I mean hell here's the description of one of the expansion packs for fallout 3: broken steel

Description:

Continue your existing Fallout 3 game and finish the fight against the Enclave remnants alongside Liberty Prime. Broken Steel moves the level cap for your character from 20 to 30, allowing you to experience even more of the game, including new perks and achievements.
    Story:

You may have dealt the Enclave a serious blow at Project Purity, but their forces are still out there, and still pose a grave threat to the people and security of the Capital Wasteland. In Broken Steel, you’ll continue your current Fallout 3 character past the events of Project Purity, and work with the Brotherhood of Steel to eradicate the Enclave threat once and for all. Travel to new locations like the Olney Powerworks, wield destructive new weapons like the Tesla Cannon, and fight powerful new creatures like the Super Mutant Overlord.
    Key Features:

* Battle your way to level 30, with all new perks and achievements to unlock along the way!
    * Extends the Main Quest, allowing you to continue playing your existing character and find out what happens next in the Capital Wasteland.
    * Acquire new high powered Enclave Technology, including a new devastating flamethrower, the Heavy Incinerator.
    * Tougher foes await in life beyond level 20, including new enemies like the Super Mutant Overlord.
    * Your decisions will inalterably affect the outcome of the Wasteland’s survivors.

$9.99 alone and $20.00 for the expansion for pc with the previous expansion, point lookout also included

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Broken_Steel
    http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/info/brokensteel.html

compaired to Left 4 dead 2:

About the Game

Set in the zombie apocalypse, Left 4 Dead 2 (L4D2) is the highly anticipated sequel to the award-winning Left 4 Dead, the #1 co-op game of 2008.

This co-operative action horror FPS takes you and your friends through the cities, swamps and cemeteries of the Deep South, from Savannah to New Orleans across five expansive campaigns.

You'll play as one of four new survivors armed with a wide and devastating array of classic and upgraded weapons. In addition to firearms, you'll also get a chance to take out some aggression on infected with a variety of carnage-creating melee weapons, from chainsaws to axes and even the deadly frying pan.

You'll be putting these weapons to the test against (or playing as in Versus) three horrific and formidable new Special Infected. You'll also encounter five new “uncommon” common infected, including the terrifying Mudmen.

Helping to take L4D's frantic, action-packed gameplay to the next level is AI Director 2.0. This improved Director has the ability to procedurally change the weather you'll fight through and the pathways you'll take, in addition to tailoring the enemy population, effects, and sounds to match your performance. L4D2 promises a satisfying and uniquely challenging experience every time the game is played, custom-fitted to your style of play.

* Next generation co-op action gaming from the makers of Half-Life, Portal, Team Fortress and Counter-Strike.
    * Over 20 new weapons & items headlined by over 10 melee weapons – axe, chainsaw, frying pan, baseball bat – allow you to get up close with the zombies
    * New survivors. New Story. New dialogue.
    * Five expansive campaigns for co-operative, Versus and Survival game modes.
    * An all new multiplayer mode.
    * Uncommon common infected. Each of the five new campaigns contains at least one new “uncommon common” zombies which are exclusive to that campaign.
    * AI Director 2.0: Advanced technology dubbed “The AI Director” drove L4D's unique gameplay – customizing enemy population, effects, and music, based upon the players’ performance. L4D 2 features “The AI Director 2.0” which expands the Director’s ability to customize level layout, world objects, weather, and lighting to reflect different times of day.
    * Stats, rankings, and awards system drives collaborative play

http://store.steampowered.com/app/550

for SIXTY bucks

so in summary It's an EXPANSION pack, a big one yes but not a full brand new game and does not warrant the price of a full $60 game

so it should have been priced at 30 - 40 bucks and made as an add on not a separate entity.
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 05-06-2010 at 07:29 PM.

4. Default

If I was them, I would have at least put the number of weapons CS:S has in it.. Made about 10 different special infected, including 5 different boss type zombies on top of those.. Maybe about 20 campaigns.. I mean think about it.. A person on his own can pump out a decent 6 map campaign in about a month.. The hell is Valve doing with their resources?

And modding? They made it harder than L4D1! They removed key functions that made it possible to do some of the most successful things.. Such as the Radialmenu.. Creating a decent Barricade Builder Mod is nearly impossible unless someone comes up with some ingenious way to work around these annoying patches they keep adding.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

I've got it.
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

6. Default

I own both L4D's but my computer has such a piss poor horrible graphics card that I run L4D2 at about 9 frames per second.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BladeTwinSwords View Post
    I own both L4D's but my computer has such a piss poor horrible graphics card that I run L4D2 at about 9 frames per second.
    Lol.. On the weekends I play at my grandparent's house.. 5 FPS.. It's fun.

It isn't every day you get to fight teleporting zombies.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

8. Default

I was saying that I have it now it downloaded this morning. Im excited to try it because L4D was a disappointment to me.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by XX0wnsXY View Post
    I was saying that I have it now it downloaded this morning. Im excited to try it because L4D was a disappointment to me.
    Why you buy L4D2 then?

10. Default

Ill play with you guys whenever, either version.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?