Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lame...

1. Default Lame...

so I'm sitting there on my PC, enjoying my last night off work, playing some skyrim when a half a foot wide electrical flash shoots out the back of my PC followed by a "POP" noise that scares the piss out of me and fries the entire fucking thing.....

I be a sad panda...

Maynard - The WCS Guy

2. Default

And this is why you never skimp on a PSU, ever.

at least I assume your PSU is what did this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    And this is why you never skimp on a PSU, ever.

at least I assume your PSU is what did this.
    I'm not sure... but the thing has been running for like 5 years now lol... and gamed on quite heavily... it's paid it's dues.... it's just a few days after xmas is a really lame ass time for this 2 happen.

I'm quite sure that most if not all of the PC is totaled... the amount of current that shot out of the PC, and through it was crazy, ive never seen anything like it... it was like this.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

4. Default

I'd change the PSU anyways if your lucky thats all that got damaged, if not so lucky prolly guna need anew comp.

5. Default

yea a good psu should have the safty features that would make it so it only blew that out. hopefuly the rest is fine, might have blown the mobo, depends on what rail blew.

6. Default

yeah.. replaced power supply... still wont fire up.

guess ill just start shopping for PC parts.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

hopefully you can get back and running soon!

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

8. Default

was about to say I had this occur from a very old psu that got too much dust and started a fire but luckily it was a good psu and did not allow the damage to spread to the computer. The real reason for a good psu is that when it does fail b/c they all will at some point it will not take your computer with it.

Hopefully some stuff will still work, maybe it just blew the motherboard out.

9. Default

well if its 5 years old, the CPU isnt worth saving for personal use, same if the ram is ddr2, hopefully you can save the GPU, Disk drive and HDD. Case I assume is unless your looking to get a new one.

10. Default

Yeah hopefully it didn't fly through your mobo and fry the rest of it too. Gl bro.