Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: my first trip give ideas

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    meh, i'm not one for the whole tropical retreats.

personally, my 4 dream trips would be russia/scandanavia (beautiful, beautiful, land. ) ireland/scotland (again, beautiful and gaelic), washington state (camping ftw!) and alaska

Why go to all those places when you can go to a place with all that? MAINE!

Its beautiful, great camping, great fishing, unmatched atv trails, we are having our annual musky derby/ mardi gras pretty soon which draws in thousands of people. Oh and we got bears! BEARS!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    thx for all the opinions and advice ppl... aside from rage lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Think of the reserved slot as a vip ticket to the club. You get to go past the line and kick someone out of the club so you can get in. However if on your way to the club some fat ass gets stuck in the door when the bouncer goes to check him then you got to wait for the fire department to cut his fat ass out of the door before you can get in.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    meh, i'm not one for the whole tropical retreats.

personally, my 4 dream trips would be russia/scandanavia (beautiful, beautiful, land. ) ireland/scotland (again, beautiful and gaelic), washington state (camping ftw!) and alaska
    Ever tried scuba diving in caverns or snorkeling in a coral reef. Its a must do in a lifetime. I'm gonna try and skydive this year for the first time.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    so i wanna start planning my first travel trip

im not sure where

give ideas

i will be going solo so somewhere safer iis a must

where should i travel =D

where would you wanna travel?
    Denmark - Copenhagen. its a nice city
    Top 5 at Wcs Server

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity
    yeah, zm is down. wtf? that's wcs's job

4. Default

I second Puerto Rico only because of my bias and the following reasons:

Hot girls
    drinking age is 18
    no currency exchange - US dollar
    they speak English and Spanish
    tropical weather

http://www.gotopuertorico.com/

Isla Verde in San Juan is the touristy attraction and where you should look for hotels. Since I have family there, I just stay with them. Another place in PR you should look at is Vieques. It's an island off Puerto Rico that is part of Puerto Rico. It's where the Navy used to do their practice drills. Navy no longer occupies the island and the government has cleaned it up. Since then it is now home to one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.

http://www.gotopuertorico.com/puerto...es-culebra.php

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by loka View Post
    I second Puerto Rico only because of my bias and the following reasons:

Hot girls
    drinking age is 18
    no currency exchange - US dollar
    they speak English and Spanish
    tropical weather

http://www.gotopuertorico.com/

Isla Verde in San Juan is the touristy attraction and where you should look for hotels. Since I have family there, I just stay with them. Another place in PR you should look at is Vieques. It's an island off Puerto Rico that is part of Puerto Rico. It's where the Navy used to do their practice drills. Navy no longer occupies the island and the government has cleaned it up. Since then it is now home to one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.

http://www.gotopuertorico.com/puerto...es-culebra.php
    Those places are nice but San Juan has turned to crap.

6. Default

Puerto Rico hasn't cleaned up. the last time I was down there there was garbage all over the place, they had just shot their ecomonmy in the foot by kicking the navy out and the crime is still pretty bad in the major cities like san juan

Also the placement of Puerto Rico means your pretty likely to get a 3rd degree burn if you spend a good amount of time in the sun without sunscreen

I'd sooner go to florida than puerto rico again.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    Puerto Rico hasn't cleaned up. the last time I was down there there was garbage all over the place, they had just shot their ecomonmy in the foot by kicking the navy out and the crime is still pretty bad in the major cities like san juan

Also the placement of Puerto Rico means your pretty likely to get a 3rd degree burn if you spend a good amount of time in the sun without sunscreen

I'd sooner go to florida than puerto rico again.
    1) mosquitoes
    2) gaters
    3) old people
    4) fucked up weather

have fun
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by -=NYS=- C.O. View Post
    Those places are nice but San Juan has turned to crap.
    I blame the Dominicans. All those illegals, and the sad part is you can tell.

Kavinsky, of course you would get burned. It's called the sun. And since you're probably pasty white, yeah.. you would probably need suncreen and sunscreen = no burn. Unless your genetically accustomed to sun. Secondly, the Navy was not booted by Puerto Rico it self. They fucked up by killing a Navy civilian employee during a practice bombing = massive protest, and now that entire island is property of the US Wildlife Service. They were no where near the main island to boost money or economy. Only military installations is Ft. Buchanan (Army) and two Navy radio bases plus the Coast Guard in Old San Juan. If you knew anything about their economy and current situation (which you clearly don't) it has nothing to do with the Navy's departure.

มวยไทย
    Got a blister? Ibuprofen. Can't feel from your waist down? Ibuprofen. Got a spider bite? Ibuprofen. - SPC S-Rod & Me

9. Default

Amsterdam.
    "Nothing beats the hobo life, stabbin folks with my hobo "

10. Default

I just didnt like it and the navy personal leaving certainly didn't help the local economy any and the locals dont actually take care of most of the island save for the damn beaches.

not to mention the prices of the good hotels or resorts are out of sight and as a tourist and as an english only speaker you'd probably be targeted by criminals if you went out drinking at night in one of the big cities

If you want to go its your choice but I'd make sure to go out with close friends who would watch my back.

If it was me I'd stick to the US and probably go for either Miami or Ft Worth Texas where my brother is.

There is still one thing that boggles my mind about my trips down there WTF was a 25th aniversary Lamborghini Countach doing driving around 10 miles away from Palmas Del Mar in Humacao.
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 05-05-2010 at 06:37 PM.