Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My Top 10 Animes

1. Default My Top 10 Animes

My Top 10 Animes

Well to celebrate reaching 70 animes watched and 1 month of time, I made this list, It is bound to change over time and considering how probably 10 of those 70 are Dragon ball, it really isnt much to choose from

Number 10
    Bleach

I enjoy this show more then I should, it is really just an average shonen, but it was just to cool. However it has many flaws, The show is half full of fillers, Ichigo gets captain class power in like a year when all the other captains are over 100 years old, and they keep pulling some move out of there ass to win the fight. While I say fillers as a flaw, its not nearly as bad as animes like Naruto, as the have an arc, hell I didnt even know the bounto arc was filler at first.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Number 9
    FLCL

Well this was one mindfuck of an anime, and you cant really put into words what it is like watching anything from this genre. Just that well shit happons and South Park is affiliated with this one.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Number 8
    Blood+

This was probably my first introduction to a mature anime, the story is dark, the drama is nice, and the action is epic. It is interesting, now if only the DVDs sold for a reasonable price, hell no am I paying 100$ for 25 episodes.

arhg there are no great blood+ amvs, this is the best, and its more music video then amv (well put together though)

Number 7
    Soul Eater

This was a really good action/shonen anime, it was held back by one major problem, it didn't know if it wanted to do its own thing or just follow the manga, because of this it felt like alot of really interesting themes never got enough of a chance to be tossed around, and there were lots of them. This would probably be an anime that had more potential then anything I have seen to date, just didnt have the guts to do it and ended up just being great. The last episode did however explore some interesting concepts even if it did pull a shonen cliche...

Number 6
    Ef ~ a Tale of Memories

Wow this is an impressive romance, the concepts they go into with with Renji and Chihro is just heart-wrenching. I must admit the second to last episode made me cry, Q.Q. The other love story was interesting but just wasnt on par with Chihro's.

Number 5
    Yu Yu Hakusho

Man did this show kick ass, even if the last season was slightly retarded. How many shows do you know of that kills the main character in the first episode? Well here is one right here. With quite possibly the best last episode ever and some of the most epic fights you will ever see, this show just is a testosterone fest that cant be ignored. Its also interesting to see most of the main characters are delinquents.

Number 4
    Euraka Seven

This show had a interesting universe that drives the story along with the coming of age story with Renten. Eureka Seven is the first show I watched online and it had many interesting facets, however considering how long ago that was, I dont remember much details.

Number 3
    One Piece

The first thing that comes to mind with One Piece is all the characters, everyone has there own personality, Luffy the Loyal, but stupid captain, Nami the greedy navigator, Zoro the lazy strong arm, Sanji the hormone crazed cook, Chopper the gulible yet lovable reindeer, Usopp the compulsive liar yet loyal member. and Robin the trust issue archeologist. The story is entertaining as hell, they dont rely on awkwardness for humor, and unless its a filler like the Rainbow mist(Worst filler arc ever!) it just keeps you on your seat. Even some of the fillers keep you on your seat like the G-8 arc.

I had to add Leeroy D Jenkins beacuse that is exactly how the Enis lobby arc happend

Number 2
    Ghost in the Shell

Alright I'm going amv heavy with this one, there are so many amazing ones. on topic now. The Depth of this universe is astounding and the quote Motoko always ends up saying after everything sums up things peaty well, "The net is truly vast and infinite." This political steam punk action drama is so interesting and the things in it could easily become reality. Hell the movie is what inspired The Matrix, the literally sat down the producers had them watch it, and said "We want to make this in real life" even if they only used ideas.

Pfft the best one had to get the audio disabled, oh well there is still these three.

Number 1
    Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team

Probably the most realistic mecha show ever made. Now most of you are probably thinking "but its Gundam", I must tell you, there are no Gundams in this show, just Mobile Suits. The combat here was supposedly inspired by guerrilla warfare in WWII. Now match awesome mechs with a good twist on Romeo and Juliet and you get this here anime Masterpiece. Words can not describe how awesome this show is. Also the Japanese voice actor is the same as snake from the Japanese MGS

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________

Now for Honorable Mentions
    Eden of the East
    DB
    Pale Cocoon
    Rosario + Vampire
    Paprika
    Any Mayazaki Movie
    Pandora Hearts
    Last edited by StarsMine; 04-28-2010 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

Full Metal Alchemist
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

3. Default

Alright, im done

4. Default

Samurai Champloo #1 <3 Jin is my role model.

Soul Eater #2

The Tower of Druaga #3

Apart from those.. I can think of a few.. Claymore, Elfen Lied, Spice and Wolf, Fate/Stay Night, Avatar, Trinity Blood.. Not liked in that order though.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

5. Default

jin the one w/ afro or glasses?
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    Samurai Champloo #1 <3 Jin is my role model.
    I prefer this amv for Samurai Champloo

7. Default

#1 Full metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

54 episodes and not one episode was boring for me.
    "Intolerance and superstition has always been the domain of the more stupid amongst the common folk and, I conjecture, will never be uprooted, for they are as eternal as stupidity itself. There, where mountains tower today, one day there will be seas; there where today seas surge, will one day be deserts. But stupidity will remain stupidity."
    -
    “You surround the dead with veneration and memory, you dream of immortality, and in your myths and legends there’s always someone being resurrected, conquering death. But were your esteemed late great-grandfather really to suddenly rise from the grave and order a beer, panic would ensue.”
    -
    “A coward dies a hundred times. A brave man dies but once. But Dame Fortune favours the brave and holds the coward in contempt.'

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    jin the one w/ afro or glasses?
    Glasses.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenix View Post
    #1 Full metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

54 episodes and not one episode was boring for me.
    There are 63 eps of Brotherhood though...of course they're not all out yet. The show is still airing in Japan. XD
    Avatar: Kyubey (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)

Real name: Perry Logan, Higurashi/Umineko Scholar Extraordinaire

Game/Visual Novel Currently Playing: SotC/Steins;Gate 8-bit

10. Default

Meh i like my death note and my neon genesis evangelion.