Thread: L4D Problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default L4D Problem

After one of the updates (it was a bit of time ago, so no idea which one), my L4D stopped showing any available games. This means either I have to do quick play (which doesn't allow you to specify which map) or make up my own lobby. I just want to be able to join a game already in progress.

All it says is, "No available games were found". No matter what options I change (campaign or versus, various maps, lobby or game), it says no games are found.

2. Default

The original L4D? Try verifying the files.. (Right click L4D via Steam Games, click Properties, go to Local Files, and then Verify Game Cache.)

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    The original L4D? Try verifying the files.. (Right click L4D via Steam Games, click Properties, go to Local Files, and then Verify Game Cache.)
    There was one file that needed to be reacquired, and now my ability to find games is slightly improved... But it still often tells me that no games can be found (even when I broaden the search).

4. Default

What addons do you have? Sometimes they can effect your ability to play. I installed Left 4 Cake for L4D2, and it made it so I couldn't play L4D1 anymore.. Deleting it fixed the problem.

(Sorry for taking so long to post, been busy.)

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    What addons do you have? Sometimes they can effect your ability to play. I installed Left 4 Cake for L4D2, and it made it so I couldn't play L4D1 anymore.. Deleting it fixed the problem.

(Sorry for taking so long to post, been busy.)
    I don't have any addons to my knowledge. But now I want Left 4 Cake, thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren View Post
    After one of the updates (it was a bit of time ago, so no idea which one), my L4D stopped showing any available games. This means either I have to do quick play (which doesn't allow you to specify which map) or make up my own lobby. I just want to be able to join a game already in progress.

All it says is, "No available games were found". No matter what options I change (campaign or versus, various maps, lobby or game), it says no games are found.
    its a marketing scheme to get you to upgrADE TO L4D2 (;