Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: new laptop

1. Default

The averages consumer goes for looks dont care or understands whats under the hood and companies know this, why do you think you see all the sketch designs and stuff on them anymore. Just get what your wife likes and in 1 or 2 years down the road just say I told you so.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mag36 View Post
    The averages consumer goes for looks dont care or understands whats under the hood and companies know this, why do you think you see all the sketch designs and stuff on them anymore. Just get what your wife likes and in 1 or 2 years down the road just say I told you so.
    lol just like what i told her..

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    HP is shit

go dell
    +1

Maynard - The WCS Guy

4. Default

I actually just helped my sister buy a new laptop, similar situation but different relation... anyways, she ended up going for a Vaio, and she really likes it. There was an Asus that was similarly specced, but with a slightly larger hard drive and excellent multi-touch (we're talking Mac-level, I was impressed, it was like using my MB Pro) for the same price, but the Vaio was sparkly white. If she'd rather have that than multi-touch, that's fine by me. I've heard good things about Sony laptops, as well as Asus. HP and Dell are both gambles. Lenovos are far too practical for people that want their laptop to look fancy, but are certainly high quality.

5. Default

This is the laptop I have

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CDcQ8gIwAQ#

about 750 at wal mart and its very nice, actually.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

6. Default

*sings* I know what hacks are..I know what they're like.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Emo View Post
    I actually just helped my sister buy a new laptop, similar situation but different relation... anyways, she ended up going for a Vaio, and she really likes it. There was an Asus that was similarly specced, but with a slightly larger hard drive and excellent multi-touch (we're talking Mac-level, I was impressed, it was like using my MB Pro) for the same price, but the Vaio was sparkly white. If she'd rather have that than multi-touch, that's fine by me. I've heard good things about Sony laptops, as well as Asus. HP and Dell are both gambles. Lenovos are far too practical for people that want their laptop to look fancy, but are certainly high quality.
    Brand new vaio laptop worth $700 bucks..going back to bestbuy today to return..she only used it for a day when the 10key starts fucking up..she pulled me out from playing zm server when she told me she couldnt log in on her computer turns out that when she hit the number 2 or 3 on the 10key it does it twice, like pressing the button twice but we only did it once..so we are back on hunting "sad i am not hunting for zombies" nor working on my map
    Last edited by OnEyEdMaN; 05-08-2010 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XX0wnsXY View Post
    This is the laptop I have

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CDcQ8gIwAQ#

about 750 at wal mart and its very nice, actually.
    lemme know in about year when it starts failing.

the video card will go first.

the the motherboard will start to glitch.

pretty soon after that the whole damn POS will be smoking and sparking at you!

thats what happened to my DV2000

But 700 bucks for that thing isnt bad at all.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mag36 View Post
    I'm calling bullshit on that.

The average consumer looks for two things:

Hard drive space
    RAM

Any other fancy terms (like dual processor) are just icing on the cake.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    I'm calling bullshit on that.

The average consumer looks for two things:

Hard drive space
    RAM

Any other fancy terms (like dual processor) are just icing on the cake.
    lol I have helped picked out 3 laptops for people in the past 6 months. And most didnt understand what ram was. Surprisingly majority of people 30 and older think speed has to do with hard drive space. And anymore with applications I wouldn't go no less then a Dual core processor but i dont expect many people to under stand terms of a processor. But i do believe people try to make everything more personalized now, everything from cars, phones,mp3 players and PCs.

And why look for HDD and RAM? Those are the easiest to upgrade or replace.