Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: new laptop

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mag36 View Post
    lol I have helped picked out 3 laptops for people in the past 6 months. And most didnt understand what ram was. Surprisingly majority of people 30 and older think speed has to do with hard drive space. And anymore with applications I wouldn't go no less then a Dual core processor but i dont expect many people to under stand terms of a processor. But i do believe people try to make everything more personalized now, everything from cars, phones,mp3 players and PCs.

And why look for HDD and RAM? Those are the easiest to upgrade or replace.
    With a laptop?

I look for those two because I am planning on using programs that will eat up a lot of space and use a fuck-ton of RAM (8 gigs for the new REVIT program).

Gaming is a secondary addition, which is why I don't really worry too much about the graphics card. My Dell is pretty standard when it comes to that.

2. Default

The only things on a laptop that is easy to upgrade is the HDD, and the battery, and even then, the HDD isnt exactly easy to get to depending on what laptop it is you have.

Ram on a laptop XD like most things, they are soldered on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    With a laptop?

I look for those two because I am planning on using programs that will eat up a lot of space and use a fuck-ton of RAM (8 gigs for the new REVIT program).

Gaming is a secondary addition, which is why I don't really worry too much about the graphics card. My Dell is pretty standard when it comes to that.
    yeah laptop ram is super easy to buy, and they only get cheaper over the years. My old Toshiba Core Solo 1.8ghz processor laptop i boought over 4 years ago i maxed out ram to 4 gigs for like 30 bucks. a year after a bought it. And if I really have to have extra storage space thats what an external HDD is for.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    The only things on a laptop that is easy to upgrade is the HDD, and the battery, and even then, the HDD isnt exactly easy to get to depending on what laptop it is you have.

Ram on a laptop XD like most things, they are soldered on.
    What freaking laptops do you buy? mine always had the little slots that you press and the ram pops right out

Last edited by mag36; 05-08-2010 at 05:43 PM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mag36 View Post
    What freaking laptops do you buy? mine always had the little slots that you press and the ram pops right out

Most laptops aren't like that if I'm not mistaken.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Most laptops aren't like that if I'm not mistaken.
    When did they start switching it then? I worked on several laptops back at tech school from 2006 to late 2008. and almost all had the little door on the bottom and you just opened it up and pulled it it out and swapped it, with a compatible ram just like a desktop.

This was how simple it was.
    http://www.computermemoryupgrade.net...op-memory.html

7. Default

It is possible I am mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OnEyEdMaN View Post
    trying to buy a new laptop do you guys have any idea on which to one to get..any good brands? O/S,ram, etc..appreciate the help..thnks

in bestbuy now looking..lol
    LOL I was once in your position.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mastercheff View Post
    LOL I was once in your position.
    buying a laptop for his wife?
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OnEyEdMaN View Post
    thnks maynard but this laptop is going to be my wife's..not really looking at a high end gaming laptop..mainly for web surfing and online gaming..any cons on vaio or hp?
    Still recommend M11x