Thread: Club Chatroom Information

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Club Chatroom Information

We will be utilizing an IRC chat room for club discussions. IRC is relatively well known for being universal and extremely fast, and preferred amongst fansub groups/anime discussions for very fast file transfers and high customization

Here are a list of IRC Clients that Windows Users may use
    http://www.ircreviews.org/clients/pl...s-windows.html

out of all the windows clients i prefer mIRC, its relatively popular and very versatile
    here is the link to it
    http://www.ircreviews.org/clients/mirc.html

Mac computer users, i use a client called Colloquy, its really nice and has a nice interface compared to most other mac irc clients, plus it is easy to use and store names

The basics or IRC chat are fairly simple, First select a user name, this can be registered later on so that nobody else may have it online. Second pick a host sever for you're name in question. I recommend irc.Rizon.net It is the most popular anime based sever for irc

Next pick you're room to join. Uk has an IRC network called #UK-Anime

You need the # sign to connect to a room

Once you join, you can start chatting immediately, its really fun and great for big discussions and debates. Also it will let us keep in touch. If you have any questions, please reply to this post

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

2. Default

you're allowed to enter the chat, it's not UK Exclusive

3. Default

mirc FTW

4. Default

pshh, chatzilla all the way (plugin for firefox)
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

Anybody in UKAnime on these forums, if you can join these forums, you can join IRC. It's super easy and super fun. Besides, you don't want me being alone in a chat room all day do you?

6. Default

I am on ur irz stealzing urz eyez!

I am on the irc btw and will try to be in there virtually all the time.

Later I will make a guide so everyone knows how to use it. Also you can setup irc on your phone!
    Last edited by ZERO; 05-13-2010 at 11:01 PM.