Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New CSS beta coming soon..

1. Default

There were already mods that added achievements..

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

2. Default

Here are a few words from Valves Co-Founder Gabe Newell about Counter-Strike 2 in an interview with GameTrailers TV. After you read below I think you will agree its time for us Counter-Strike Source players to step up to the plate and send a message to Gabe Newell as well as take him up on some of the challenges he handed us, just read below and I think you will see where we as a community need to go with this!
    “Gabe”
    "I just don't think that [Counter-Strike 2] would be a good fit [with Half-Life Episode 3]," added Valve co-founder Gabe Newell, noting that the potential game would be a stand-alone product in his eyes.
    As expected, the only thing confirmed about Counter-Strike 2 is that there is no Counter-Strike 2. However, Newell says that an e-mail to him with an "ordered list" of what sequels you want most may sway them. He personally would like to see a Portal 2 before a Counter-Strike 2. Newell closed with a dangerous challenge: "But if I get 15,000 emails from customers in response to this interview telling me 'Of course it should be in [the next Orange Box],' then of course we'll pay attention to that."
    So, that being read lets send the man some email’s [email protected]
    Valve could once more make Counter-Strike the foremost on-line game.

There is little more frustrating to the public than seeing a good idea badly executed. But it is something that competitive players of Counter-Strike: Source will already be able to tell you about at length should you wish to sit down and endure it.

The Counter-Strike format is two teams, both with their own set of goals, pitted against each other to complete them with a variety of weapons and tactics at their disposal, all set to a time limit.

The basic principles take seconds to learn, but the game itself can take the best part of a lifetime to master.

Counter Strike, still one of the most played games around the world
    The best competitive 1.6 matches have attracted live audiences of tens of thousands, being spectated by hundreds of thousands worldwide and it didn't take long for CS:S to become the free gaming mod with the most number of players.

The Source of all the trouble:
    Yet it is no secret that the port of Counter-Strike on to the Source engine brought about numerous problems, not the least of which was the huge divide in the competitive community.

There were numerous reasons for this and even though those that took the time to perfect Counter-Strike 1.6 would tell you it is simply that the newer version is a worse game that requires less skill – an argument that contains more than a grain of truth – the fact is that they are so very different it meant that in a lot of cases the only thing players would be bringing across with them would be their reputations.

As such there is no correlation between being hugely successful at 1.6 and Source.

3. Default

portal 2 ftw.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

4. Default

It's official sadly:
    http://www.halflife2.net/

Already rasing hell about it:
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1264289

5. Default

Update: a few vids have been posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2lBIw9ctLo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLVe_IW6L-Y

Anyone else think it looks too easy and the tf2 stuff fits about as well as a speedlimiter to 70 mph in a ferrari?

6. Default

Speed has to be a bug, and the deathcam thing is a client variable that you can turn off. I'm willing to bet that in-game achievement displays will be toggleable too.
    Kiro : us fireyes got dumb by his girl that y he is suck

7. Default

This whole thing shouldnt be happening, theres a time for gameplay tweaks and that was supposed to happen in the first year or two, not now.

8. Default

So I have word that every mod that uses offsets will be broken. This btw is virtually every mod. Also not only will wcs be broken every race might be broken. As a result I am going to put all major updates on hold until after the new version because I am going to just half to do it all over again anyways.

9. Default

Did anyone get the beta?
    I tried, but all spots were taken already

10. Default

Will you still add or remove maps Zero and do you know if there switching CS:S over to the 07 engine?
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 05-12-2010 at 01:27 AM.