Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: VB 4 Update

you can't take anything that doesn't pertain to you and ignore it can you Loka? stop complaining about him complaining. Go get some pussy or something.

2. Default

This update was announced like 6 months+ ago.

3. Default

Loka chances are with the css update its going to severly cripple the moding community, something james knows all about with the left 4 dead series and there constant updates that are designed to fuck over modders.

Also There new ui still needs work and general tweaks

I still dont see any sort of a display tab to shut that shit off in the ingame community.

games hasnt been renamed its proper name and a few things that should have been cleary labled on what it does arent

+ in the game menu needs to be renamed display options and replace view infront of the menu selection

icons needs to be renamed old steam icons, view friends being renamed view friends list and when you hover over your avatar it should tell you it brings you to your homepage

Games should be auto divided like it was with the old one. games favorites and uninstalled rather that relying on us to do it

the text is too small in the view friends menu and we have no alternate valve made skins for it

and they need to take note when I say I dont want to take part in any damn beta or any of these free trial runs they shove on my games list I mean it

now this its like they hired part of EA to work at valve and force 80% complete updates down our throat and now there doing it to CS:S

we've all seen how well thought out there updates are with TF2
    which means there going to be messing with it for years to come
    if they try and follow the same example.

so let me put to you this way loka if they had announced a 2 dollar version of css comming out for the 07 steam engine with all these tweaks and new things added

and if they had given me the choice of the old steam ui

I would have kept the old ui and maybe on a blue moon bought the new css
    its a little thing called choice which valve is ignoring thats pissing me off.

there a gaming company not microsoft or a fucking goverment with govement mandated updates.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    What do you mean? about the post counts or my thing about the updates.
    It just seems like everything is getting replaced or fucked with all of a suden

The healthcare bill, a ball bearing on my car, my dryer, steam UI, CS:S source and now this.

I mean is there a law that all things have to be replaced, up/downgraded at the same time?
    i know its late but hoebama?

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm ~ George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Step 1: Get Admin
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Get Perma Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmail242 View Post
    ... IBIS in the name right? ibis.a means admin while IBIS means Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. — General George S. Patton

5. Default

Sorry his stupid motto is change yes we can

YES WE CAN CHANGE WHAT EXACTLY?

6. Default

just remember change isnt always for the better...

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm ~ George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Step 1: Get Admin
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Get Perma Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmail242 View Post
    ... IBIS in the name right? ibis.a means admin while IBIS means Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. — General George S. Patton

7. Default

Every time valve has made a major update to cs:s it has caused a cluster fuck. Let us recall DWP...

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    Loka chances are with the css update its going to severly cripple the moding community, something james knows all about with the left 4 dead series and there constant updates that are designed to fuck over modders.
    The horror..

I've worked on 3 mods.. each one had to be recreated 3 different ways or more.. And now.. None of them work. The only thing that works still is the simple ass mass-bind cfg script for a simple-hopefully temporary-workaround for Barricade Builder Mod.

Hell, the day I the radialmenu script working they freaking updated it and deleted all my hard work.. Once I got it all back it didn't work that way anymore.. -_-'

What needs updated with CS:S? I can understand if they want to add new content.. But a new engine? What the hell is the point?

Zero, if all goes to hell, I vote bringing the IBIS servers over to ArmA2, BFBC2, or some other game that has the potential for modders.. (Armed Assult 2 is great for the mods available.) Not L4D2 though.. Or anything that has to do with Valve..

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

9. Default

They probably will not be able to do too much as css players will just not put up with it. Also I have monies saved encase I need to hire programmers to get shit fixed fast.

10. Default

Well thats good to know I should hopefully get a response to all of my questions about the update from Erik Johnson either today or tommorow.

Here's the message I sent, I did cover everything right?

Erik:
    What is/are the specific issues you're worried about?

"Well the weapon balancing, hitboxes, movement speeds, introduction of TF2 stuff and general changes like that, that are being done.

I mean it's the fact that not everyone can instantly pick up CS:S and own in it that makes it great.

Unlike most shooters where you get in, own after a few days, play it for a few more months and then stop playing it all together.

General gameplay:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2lBIw9ctLo - the TF2 stuff really doesnt fit in with css I hope it can be turned off, he missed the killshot of the round because of it

However I would like the built in crosshair customization of TF2 to be imported into it, it would be a great help against certain surfaces where the current ones just disapear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLVe_IW6L-Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-Yx1S0bri4 - if this is the new awp its going to really put eveyone in a fix

After viewing those vids it seems like the hitboxes are too easy to hit, the weapons are too accessible and the game in general is too easy and similar to other online shooters

I mean these changes are the equivalent of Street Fighter 4 to Super Street Fighter 4

it really seems like if your going to go through with this it should be made as a separate game, these are HUGE changes to the way I play CS:S

I really don't think any amount of tweaking could replicate the current CS:S quirks that make it great.

I can see why your doing this, for the more casual players of the likes of TF2 and the old school 1.6 players but this isn't the way to do it.

Make it a separate 2 dollar game or a 10 dollar one, it's too late to fiddle with CS:S.
    Valve is five years too late to do so and for the most part I love it the way it is along with a lot of other people

and its not out of the question or insane to do so (one of the forum moderators called the idea insane on the steam forums)

I mean I'd buy a source 07 version of CS:S in addition to the old one for 10 bucks.

all that and this

the head of ibis gaming, Zero a huge gaming community of whom I frequent who runs a gungame 5, zm and wcs server had this to say:

So I have word that every mod that uses offsets will be broken. This btw is virtually every mod. Also not only will wcs be broken every race might be broken. As a result I am going to put all major updates on hold until after the new version because I am going to just half to do it all over again anyways.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...?t=3740&page=3

and I dont know what this updates going to do to my skins or how I instal them.

if its going to be like tf2 it going to badly screw them up, I mean look how many rely on the current system

and I've modded ALL of my guns with those skins

http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/games/2"

end message

I seriously hope Valve sees sense and makes it a separate game. kinda funny though I sent the message to Gabe not him, I guess he forwarded it to Erik from here.

http://www.valvesoftware.com/people.html
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 05-13-2010 at 07:12 AM.