Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New CSS beta coming soon..

1. Default New CSS beta coming soon..

Counter-Strike: Source Beta Coming! Updated to Latest Public Source Build
    posted by xXx-MayheM-xXx @ 01:59PM on May 10, 2010
    Since everyone so kindly asked about what this "big news" is, here you go. There's something to remember with this. This has not been officially announced yet nor is it guaranteed to happen, or to happen as soon as we all hope it will. Before you "complain" about how this is labeled as a rumor (this part is especially important to non-Counter-Strike Source focused communitiy members reading this), be sure to READ the entire post to see what is factually known and what is speculation. With that said, here we go.

Valve will soon release a beta opportunity for Counter-Strike: Source. This beta allegedly includes a major overhaul to the game, specifically when it comes to the use of the Source engine. At present it is assumed that this beta will find Counter-Strike: Source running on the latest build of the engine but there are no guarantees on this. Previously, it was mentioned that Valve was working on bringing the game to the Orange Box build of Source, but that has come and gone and with Left 4 Dead 2 being the latest build of the engine, it is quite possible we will see Counter-Strike on this build. Again, no guarantees at this.

Based on a new forum section that was briefly visible on the official Steampowered Forums, there will be a Counter-Strike: Source beta (was simply called "CS: Source Beta"). That forum has since been hidden deep within the halls of SPUF. We're sure it will reveal itself once Valve is ready to proceed with this beta if, again, it actually happens. This forum was visible late last week for only a brief period of time. This is why it was expected that we would see an official announcement about this news late last week but it was simply not meant to be just yet.

Right now, it's also not known for sure what changes to the gameplay will be included, if any at all. Let's face it, the Counter-Strike community and the word "change" don't exactly go hand in hand. As with all beta releases, it is entirely possible we will see many significant bug fixes and updates for old issues, but entirely new issues may also pop up as a result of any number of factors.

Depending on the scope of this update, it may not include the graphical overhaul, or it may not include any changes outside of a graphical update, or it may actually contain both. It may just be a number of bug fixes and optimizations to the existing game. Remember, we have not heard publicly much about this fabled updated to Counter-Strike: Source for a number of years now.

This is a bit of a reason why we sort of wanted to sit on this news because outside of a few whispers here and there, nothing has been officially announced on this. Again, it may not happen at all. However, if or when it does happen, it should certainly light a fire under some of you to get back into the game that spawned this site in the first place.

There is a strong possibility of a CS: Source beta coming very soon. The exact nature of this update is not yet known but it is speculated that the update will include a major update to the version of the Source engine compared to what the game currently runs on.

We will simply need to wait and see as to what actually happens next. And yes, for now this is going to be labeled a "rumor" just in case Valve decides to up and change their minds on this. Either way, this should serve to be some fantastic news to Counter-Strike Source fans.

xXx-MayheM-xXx

2. Default

...this is gonna fuck w/ the mods and plugins servers use right?

i'm not sure i like this. besides, most "bugs" they'd likely fix are almost a staple of css.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

Yes, if it is an engine update it will break every mod the servers currently run. For popular things this could be fine but some stuff like wcs could be permanently broken. Also much of our custom hacks/scripts may be broken.

4. Default

:sniff:

no...

oh, btw zero, that matrix map you added isn't showing up in maplist, and you have to remove dust_3 until the ceiling can be fixed (currently, it's non-existant)
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    some stuff like wcs could be permanently broken.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    now thats a real sad face :|

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    And the lord said go ZM.

8. Default

wcs>zm. maybe zm will die and wcs will live on? we can only hope...

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm ~ George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Step 1: Get Admin
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Get Perma Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmail242 View Post
    ... IBIS in the name right? ibis.a means admin while IBIS means Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. — General George S. Patton

9. Default

Depends on the new engine, and if the mod is still actively maintained. It seems that WCS has a number of coders, but maybe not one central person to organize it all. ZombieMod saw a release last year, and the main developer for it appears to be posting on their foum every once in a while. I'd bank on ZM being updated before WCS, but I'm not intimately familiar with either project.

Manimod is updated for use with TF2, which uses the orange box engine, so it should be easily adaptable to the new CS:S beta.
    Kiro : us fireyes got dumb by his girl that y he is suck

10. Default

Well that'd be the third thing they've fucked up if they do, do it and to one of their most popular games too.

To say the least its a very, VERY BAD IDEA.

However making it a separate game called CS:S 07 wouldn't be.