Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: finnaly saw Avatar the movie

1. Default

wasn't a bad movie, but i think you're looking a little too much into it mike, it wasn't that good. hell it's just a $50 billion remake of Pocahontas.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    this movie surpasses just a simple fiction movie about aliens on another world

there is so many hidden messages in the movie

what did you get out of watching this truley amazing movie?

what morals do you think were instilled in this movie

there was somthing to represent everything from politics, to war, history, and faith
    kinda funny i just now got done watching that movie for the first time and i came on here and saw this thread. avatar is simply awesome. as i was watching it, i also realized how many hidden messages were in it.
    all in all, great movie and im definitely going to watch it again and also research into the messages that i got out of it and learn about the ones i missed.

@your comment about the north and south america thing:i thought about that and also about whats going on with the war right now.

"if the futures been drawn out theres no point in living." sksk
    Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    within the ruins remins me of a somewhat harder bullet for my valentine

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    wasn't a bad movie, but i think you're looking a little too much into it mike, it wasn't that good. hell it's just a $50 billion remake of Pocahontas.
    wait wait wait, i'll describe it better.

it's a 50billion$ combination of pocahontas, plus legend of zelda, plus halo, plus fern gully, plus the matrix.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

4. Default

I can't believe you are seriously saying these things about the movie. This is just like the south park where everyone reads tons of value and messages into places that don't really exist. Let me break down for you what this movie was:
    Trash, complete garbage.

There are two aspects of the film to consider. First the plot, and secondly the 3D.

The plot was Pocahontas as said before, as said by anyone with a brain who has seen this movie. This is not some super-deep hidden message about links to our past, it is blatant plagiarism of a story. And the disney version was far more entertaining than this one was. 5 minutes into the movie you should have the entire plot figured out, except the technicalities of the final fight. 15 minutes in, the general guy gets into his mech and lets you know EXACTLY how the movie will end; that's it 15 minutes and you know everything that's going to happen.
    Continuing the movie was LONG and BORING the entire middle of the movie was masturbating to stereotrophic 3D (or whatever) which wasn't as good as you might thing, but I'll get to that later.
    Another point in this long pointless drivel is that underlying lack of morality, and you can tell how little affect that had on a lack-wit like you who got the theme that the blue people are superior to humans despite the fact that clearly aren't; though you could argue that the movie makes that point through an extreme lack of morals which I'll now explain. Moving the blue people is a terrible horrible crime, they've lived in a tree forever, how are we so evil that we wanted to put them in a different tree. Now consider what is totally OK in the movie, murdering masses of human marines. It's NOT ok to move the blue people, but it is OK to murder tons and tons of humans. Call me old fashioned, but when I see humans vs aliens, I root for the humans and if you haven't noticed, despite their generally callus attitude, the humans were the nice guys. Take a second and consider that maybe you were swept away by the perspective of the movie rather than an objective view of what was going on, which is: Plagiarism, boredom, predictability, and murdering humans these are not acceptable themes for a movie.

Ok now allow me to address the 3D which was interesting for 5 minutes until you realize two gargantuan flaws. First, the facial expressions were poorly done, you are expected to think it's just the blue faces, but really it was just shoddy work, why do you think they made the woman's boobs be just about visible throughout the movie, so you wouldn't pay attention to their shitty facial expressions, seriously it was comical.

Secondly, the whole enchanted forest thing is just the ocean. That's right they took things that are in the ocean, made 3D versions and put them in a forest. It isn't original, go back and think about it, every single thing in that forest is found in the ocean. I'm not impressed.

Now I will address a few things that were good in the movie, well mostly just papa dragon. Best character in the whole thing, he stands with what appears to be an 80 pound mug of coffee while they missile attack the planet. Check awesome. Secondly he busts through the atmospheric door to shoot at the traitors fires every round from every weapon then just stands and waits for someone to bring him oxygen, because he's too much of a man to worry about breathing.

Overall this was not an amazing break-through in art or cinema, it was a reused story presenting in an interesting way, but with 500 million dollars I could make a movie about my balls seem awesome.

Overall this movie is a 3/10 at best for some interesting visuals.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr View Post
    I can't believe you are seriously saying these things about the movie. This is just like the south park where everyone reads tons of value and messages into places that don't really exist. Let me break down for you what this movie was:
    Trash, complete garbage.

There are two aspects of the film to consider. First the plot, and secondly the 3D.

The plot was Pocahontas as said before, as said by anyone with a brain who has seen this movie. This is not some super-deep hidden message about links to our past, it is blatant plagiarism of a story. And the disney version was far more entertaining than this one was. 5 minutes into the movie you should have the entire plot figured out, except the technicalities of the final fight. 15 minutes in, the general guy gets into his mech and lets you know EXACTLY how the movie will end; that's it 15 minutes and you know everything that's going to happen.
    Continuing the movie was LONG and BORING the entire middle of the movie was masturbating to stereotrophic 3D (or whatever) which wasn't as good as you might thing, but I'll get to that later.
    Another point in this long pointless drivel is that underlying lack of morality, and you can tell how little affect that had on a lack-wit like you who got the theme that the blue people are superior to humans despite the fact that clearly aren't; though you could argue that the movie makes that point through an extreme lack of morals which I'll now explain. Moving the blue people is a terrible horrible crime, they've lived in a tree forever, how are we so evil that we wanted to put them in a different tree. Now consider what is totally OK in the movie, murdering masses of human marines. It's NOT ok to move the blue people, but it is OK to murder tons and tons of humans. Call me old fashioned, but when I see humans vs aliens, I root for the humans and if you haven't noticed, despite their generally callus attitude, the humans were the nice guys. Take a second and consider that maybe you were swept away by the perspective of the movie rather than an objective view of what was going on, which is: Plagiarism, boredom, predictability, and murdering humans these are not acceptable themes for a movie.

Ok now allow me to address the 3D which was interesting for 5 minutes until you realize two gargantuan flaws. First, the facial expressions were poorly done, you are expected to think it's just the blue faces, but really it was just shoddy work, why do you think they made the woman's boobs be just about visible throughout the movie, so you wouldn't pay attention to their shitty facial expressions, seriously it was comical.

Secondly, the whole enchanted forest thing is just the ocean. That's right they took things that are in the ocean, made 3D versions and put them in a forest. It isn't original, go back and think about it, every single thing in that forest is found in the ocean. I'm not impressed.

Now I will address a few things that were good in the movie, well mostly just papa dragon. Best character in the whole thing, he stands with what appears to be an 80 pound mug of coffee while they missile attack the planet. Check awesome. Secondly he busts through the atmospheric door to shoot at the traitors fires every round from every weapon then just stands and waits for someone to bring him oxygen, because he's too much of a man to worry about breathing.

Overall this was not an amazing break-through in art or cinema, it was a reused story presenting in an interesting way, but with 500 million dollars I could make a movie about my balls seem awesome.

Overall this movie is a 3/10 at best for some interesting visuals.
    Awesome.

You can "find messages" in just about everything.
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by XxMastagunzxX View Post
    You can "find messages" in just about everything.
    Like in the mail.

8. Default

His real name is Mike Stoklasa, plinket is just a character he plays, this is what he normally sounds like

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

and rawr I get the feeling you'd probably like confused mathews reviews in particular this one where he tears this over rated film to shreds.
    http://www.confusedmatthew.com/2001%...ce-Odyssey.php
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 05-17-2010 at 12:27 AM.

9. Default

oh, to add: the CGI was fucking amazing, there's no denying that, this movie Looked beautiful, i just think Camron could have devoted some of those 13 years to developing a little story, but hell, if all movies are going to look this good from now on, i;d call this a success.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    oh, to add: the CGI was fucking amazing, there's no denying that, this movie Looked beautiful, i just think Camron could have devoted some of those 13 years to developing a little story, but hell, if all movies are going to look this good from now on, i;d call this a success.
    agreed. although hell, i'd settle for lord of the rings visuals and better plots instead of more like avatar. lets put it this way. i'd rather play doom 3 or ninja gaiden, be engrossed in the plot, and still enjoy some great graphics, rather than play crysis and there be no plot at all. oh yeah, the lag too.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?