Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: finnaly saw Avatar the movie

1. Default

Nemesis its also a step in the wrong direction, its the script that makes a film great not the special effects
    IE: Reservior Dogs, pulp fiction, star trek 2, indiana jones and star wars 1-3 and inglorious bastards

gratuitous effects are gratuitous none the less and do not make a film that pretty much plays it safe in all other regards great
    it just makes it mediocre

the only way I'd watch avatar is with the rifftrax playing in the background, other than that I would never spend a penny on it.
    http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/avatar

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    agreed. although hell, i'd settle for lord of the rings visuals and better plots instead of more like avatar. lets put it this way. i'd rather play doom 3 or ninja gaiden, be engrossed in the plot, and still enjoy some great graphics, rather than play crysis and there be no plot at all. oh yeah, the lag too.
    i know what you mean, i'm saying that avatar has brought in a new way to make movies, so the next one that comes along will have this new CGI to go along with a well constructed plot, and this is a good thing.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    i know what you mean, i'm saying that avatar has brought in a new way to make movies, so the next one that comes along will have this new CGI to go along with a well constructed plot, and this is a good thing.
    not too sure about the plot aspect, considering recent movies. honestly, the best recent movie i've seen was princess and the frog. my now ex-gf and i took her little sister to see it, and it was honestly a great movie. it felt like the old style disney films.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

4. Default

not too sure about the plot aspect, considering recent movies. honestly, the best recent movie i've seen was princess and the frog. my now ex-gf and i took her little sister to see it, and it was honestly a great movie. it felt like the old style disney films.
    how to train your dragon was pretty sweet too.

5. Default

how to train your dragon was pretty sweet too.
    that one looked good. never saw it. jack black?
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

6. Default

that one looked good. never saw it. jack black?
    actually no, the one guy really sounds like him but its not ,Jay Baruchel, Gerard Butler, Craig Ferguson, America Ferrera, Jonah Hill.

7. Default

actually no, the one guy really sounds like him but its not ,Jay Baruchel, Gerard Butler, Craig Ferguson, America Ferrera, Jonah Hill.
    oh yeah, gerard butler. shit. forgot about him. i thought jack black was in it. oh well. gerard butler's awesome anyway

8. Default

oh yeah, gerard butler. shit. forgot about him. i thought jack black was in it. oh well. gerard butler's awesome anyway
    it was a good one, the gf enjoyed it, and i didn't have to see dear john, or last song, or whatever that shit is.

9. Default

it was a good one, the gf enjoyed it, and i didn't have to see dear john, or last song, or whatever that shit is.
    wasn't that w/ miley cyrus? honestly, it didn't look too too bad, but i am glad i wasn't dragged off to it all the same.

10. Default

wasn't that w/ miley cyrus? honestly, it didn't look too too bad, but i am glad i wasn't dragged off to it all the same.
    something like that, looks bad enough.