Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ZBlock - bunny hop fix

Default ZBlock - bunny hop fix

i posted this in another thread on the forums, but i figured it would get more attention and noticed if i made it known in its own thread.

as the title suggests, zblock came out with a bunny hop fix mid-summer of last year, which would take care of all the accusations of people bhop scripting and getting banned for it in the pub (im one of those people).

the command is as follows: "zb_bunnyfix 1"

this will shut off the accumulative air acceleration while bhopping to gain speed, so if you were to try and bhop you would be going slower than someone running.

zero or one of the admins, needs to add this command to the server config so that it is always on by default. this will also stop the need of admins having to watch for people bhopping as no one will be able to.

thanks.

2. Default

Wouldnt that kill legit b-hoppers to?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    Wouldnt that kill legit b-hoppers to?
    yeah it would but from what ive experienced in the pub, bhoppers get banned immediately whether or not theyre legit :'(

4. Default

You can not bunny hop in the upcoming update so it does not matter...

true as long as you leave sv_airaccelerate at its default parameters it wont be possible... however it is still possible to bhop and it is easier than ever (less of a need to turn in midair) if the server settings are set to what it normally is in css

6. Default

well the beta patch killed BHopping anyway so we dont have to worry about this anymore

no it didn't, but seeing as how zblock is still working on their next update, there is no longer a fix for it.

8. Default

uhhhh, the update did remove bhopping.

or at least they intended to
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

bunnyhopping is still possible on 100tic servers, which the IBIS server are. it is more difficult to bhop on 66tic servers, but it is still possible. this is coming from someone who does it regularly.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by devour View Post
    as the title suggests, zblock came out with a bunny hop fix mid-summer of last year, which would take care of all the accusations of people bhop scripting and getting banned for it in the pub (im one of those people).
    What I bolded is the problem, you are b hop scripting, which is bannable. Just because you got banned for it don't mean you gota ruin it for the non scripters.