Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: UK Fusion

1. Default

I will need to develop a method for creating large amount of Dango rapidly so we can prepare the food. What is the date of this again?

2. Default

August 23 is the date of the event. We just need to have a list of what we're going to do by July 5.

BTW, big thanks to you Steven and Austin. You guys are being stellar with helping out. I can't say the same about the other officers....

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

3. Default

**slips in undetected and raises hand for permission to speak**

If there will be a way to set it up, I can try to actually have the "pin the tail" games ready... And yes, I said games with an s. I've decided that in order to increase interest from all genders/orientations (and also because they are both mascots) we should have both the cat boy and the kitsune girl.

Main concern here would be if it's just the game with no chance of winning anything or if we want to try to do some kind of prize system. If we do prizes, since it's not like we can have a single 'winner' in a situation like this, I think it would be best to have a series of prizes based on how close or far away they make it to the mark. The main issue there, of course, will be coming up with cost-effective yet desirable items.

I might be willing to offer small prints/bookmarks/whathave you of art... maybe... if you guys even think that people would be interested in such things... I'd probably work on more art depicting our mascots for this if you decide you like this idea for prizes.

If you guys want me to show up, I need to know ahead of time so I can put in a request for that day to get off of work. If I do show up, I will not be doing a specific cosplay, but will be able to show up as a goth-y (possibly even golth loli) Neko.

And, finally, I also have a 'food' suggestion, since people are still talking about cooking stuff even though I didn't see anyone say for certain whether or not whether they checked into that and got it okayed... Konpeito! ^__^() Hibari Market sells little bags of Konpeito candy. They're a little expensive if I recall (haven't bought any in a while), but you get a decent amount per bag and so long as we can regulate that people only take a couple, we could probably afford to get a big bowl of them. Just, you know, as a suggestion in case we can't cook stuff and bring it. You'll just have to make sure that someone keeps an eye on me so that I don't go after the whole bowl myself... X3

4. Default

We got the OK to cook food. So we're good on that point. We're going to be having a strategy meeting sometime in a couple of weeks. Everybody is welcome to come and discuss ideas. Still not sure on location of said meeting but we'll see.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Phazonmasher View Post
    We got the OK to cook food. So we're good on that point. We're going to be having a strategy meeting sometime in a couple of weeks. Everybody is welcome to come and discuss ideas. Still not sure on location of said meeting but we'll see.
    lol, no need to even meet in person, especially if folks are somewhat far away. skype/vent it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    lol, no need to even meet in person, especially if folks are somewhat far away. skype/vent it up!

Actually...this is a good point...

I'd recommend that if we hold a meeting, those who can not attend but still want in on the action should listen in over vent, or IRC, or some other effective means of communication, it'd be an easy thing to do ;P

7. Default

... okay, so... yes or no to the "pin the tail" games? Because if I'm going to have to have those done I should start working with them as soon as I get done with shirt designs...

8. Default

The week before (and when I am back in town) I will try to get some of you all over so we can make some dango that way we will know what works and what does not. Also this will make it so that a way to assembly line the process can be developed and implemented the day before.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SilverVistani View Post
    ... okay, so... yes or no to the "pin the tail" games? Because if I'm going to have to have those done I should start working with them as soon as I get done with shirt designs...
    It wouldn't hurt. I'd say go ahead. We will have to scratch the bottom of the barrel so to speak in terms of prizes but we'll see what we can do. I like the idea of some kind of game and that's a simple yet eye grabbing activity. So yeah, go ahead. If you need anything in terms of supplies, just keep receipts and we'll reimburse you once I can get in touch with our treasurer who apparently can't use the internet.

10. Default

They do not know how to count 010101010010001010010101010101 and thus can not use the internet. For example they would not understand that there are 01 people in the world.