Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Fusion

1. Default UK Fusion

I just got this email and was wondering if you guys would be interested. You don't have to volunteer during FUSION, you just have to show up and help us at the table.

Hello Zach and Anime Club!

I would like to extend an invitation for your student organization to come to our event to help promote student orgs. and student involvement on campus.
    Our organization, For Unity and Service In Our Neighborhood, more commonly known as UK FUSION, is a one-day service event during K-Week festivities in August. Since its inception in 2003, student, faculty, and staff participation has increased each year - from 461 participants in its first year to over 1300 participants in 2007 - quickly making FUSION one of the greatest traditions here at the University of Kentucky.Now in its sixth year, FUSION gives all UK students, faculty, and staff an opportunity to start off their school year in a helpful way by serving for three hours at a local non-profit agency or area neighborhood residence. Each year FUSION volunteers positively impact the community by providing over 2800 hours of service in one day. Participants are divided into small groups of 10-20 and sent out to various project sites in the Lexington community. Participants may serve at project sites that involve physical labor, such as landscaping or painting, while other sites focus on promoting student interaction with residents, like talking with the elderly or serving a meal at a homeless shelter.

After the students three-hour day of community service, they all arrive back to campus on Haggin Field to celebrate in a mini post-FUSION celebration. Here students have the opportunity to chat with newly met friends and talk about their individual experiences that day as well as eat food, and participate in fun activities while learning about other student organizations. Each year different student orgs get their name out to the previous and incoming students on campus at the Celebration by tabling and bringing food or fun events for student to take part in.

As you may know, this year FUSION 2010 is August 23rd and we anticipate the 'End of Day Celebration' to begin around 3-4:00pm and last until 6:00pm that day. We would love to have your organization join us by not only participating (only if you wish of course) but more importantly by attending the 'End of Day Celebration!' You all are more than welcome to set up a table and if you wish, you all can bring an activity or game or hand out free stuff or whatever ideas you might have! (Every Organization brings different things, depending on their different budgets and so forth, but last year one org, for example brought a Moon Bounce, others brought corn hole games, others had t-shirts or handbills etc.)

Whether you all decide to do anything other than table or not, please let me know by June 30th the finalized details so that we can have a final advance and layout of how the Celebration will be set up. I hope that you all can participate and we look forward to having you all in the fall! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions my email and telephone is listed below. Have a great day and I hope to hear from you soon!

Best,

AM

FUSION Event Planning Director

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

2. Default

I'm fine with doing either, be it this FUSION thing, or just showing up at the table, we should take a vote and decide I think. ;P

3. Default

I'm game!
    A Molotov Cocktail?

4. Default

OK, I signed us up for it. So what do we want to do? I got this in a e-mail from the head honcho.

Hey Zach

Thank you so much for participating in FUSION! We just need to know exactly what UKAnime is planning on doing there. You all can do anything as simple as tabling, to something more intense such as arranging an activity of some sort for students to do. The idea of the celebration is to make it seem some what like a carnival so anything you do will be fine! Please just let us know by 6/30 so we can make the proper preparations! Thanks again!

Best,

AM
    So do we want to just table or do we want to attempt something more carnival-ish? I'm all ears and Austin, you're the one in charge of shit like this. I want ideas from you and possible ways to execute said ideas.

5. Default

There must be cosplay...loud and obnoxious cosplay I say! ;P

6. Default

I say we recruit people in cosplay and teach them the Hari Hari Yukai (sp?)
    A Molotov Cocktail?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoron View Post
    I say we recruit people in cosplay and teach them the Hari Hari Yukai (sp?)
    Hare Hare Yukai.
    Avatar: Kyubey (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)

Real name: Perry Logan, Higurashi/Umineko Scholar Extraordinaire

Game/Visual Novel Currently Playing: SotC/Steins;Gate 8-bit

8. Default

cosplay eureka seven.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

9. Default

I need real ideas people. Throw ideas out besides cosplay. This is a carnival thing, give me ideas for games, etc.

10. Default

Dango stand!!!!!!!

We could prepare the dango in advance or try to get hold of an electric stove top and we are golden. You can not have a festival without dango!

Also we could cook octopus shaped sausage it is really easy!
    Last edited by ZERO; 06-21-2010 at 01:48 PM.