Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Fusion

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Dango stand!!!!!!!

We could prepare the dango in advance or try to get hold of an electric stove top and we are golden. You can not have a festival without dango!

Also we could cook octopus shaped sausage it is really easy!
    I really like this idea. I'll be here a week before school starts as I move in August 14. Do we wanna meet up then and start doing stuff like this?

Also, not sure if we can give away food without a permit. UK is really anal about that kind of stuff. I'll ask. Well, prepared food anyway. Packaged food is fine, it's the "we cooked it ourselves and we could give everybody food poisoning" part of it that they're anal about.

So yeah, I like your idea! Anybody else? Austin, you should be having the most ideas, it's your job and you're not here...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Phazonmasher View Post
    I really like this idea. I'll be here a week before school starts as I move in August 14. Do we wanna meet up then and start doing stuff like this?

Also, not sure if we can give away food without a permit. UK is really anal about that kind of stuff. I'll ask. Well, prepared food anyway. Packaged food is fine, it's the "we cooked it ourselves and we could give everybody food poisoning" part of it that they're anal about.

So yeah, I like your idea! Anybody else? Austin, you should be having the most ideas, it's your job and you're not here...
    I am not sure when I will be back in town yet but fyi I do not think there is any place that sells dango or sausage squid. Therefore if we were to do that we would need to make it ourselves. (sausage squid is unbelievably easy) Although you never know when home made dango finds its way into some packaging...

Also I guess the one thing you can say is that you can not really get sick from dango as the ingredients can be eaten uncooked...

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I am not sure when I will be back in town yet but fyi I do not think there is any place that sells dango or sausage squid. Therefore if we were to do that we would need to make it ourselves. (sausage squid is unbelievably easy) Although you never know when home made dango finds its way into some packaging...

Also I guess the one thing you can say is that you can not really get sick from dango as the ingredients can be eaten uncooked...
    There are at least three Asian grocery stores in Lexington with one of them being entirely Japanese based. We can check them out. I'll wait to see what I hear back from the FUSION guy.

4. Default

umm

i say

Everyone wear nice khaki pants, and a blue/black polo and do cooking hamburgers and hotdogs

While were at it, throw in some serious hidden weaboo lingo between us, but still seeming extremely preppy in the process

The end result will have us looking amazing, and the true contestants join us due to weaboo knowledge

5. Default

Lord knows I'm always free this summer and willing to do just about anything.

I'm hesitant to say we all dress up the same, especially not going for the "preppy" look, not quite our target audience. ;P I still think cosplay is probably our best option.

That being said, as far as food goes, find out about the homemade cooking rules. I can make a mean onigiri given adequate time to prepare, and I'm definitely game to help out make stuff if needed. Just say the word. ;P

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by papa_smurf View Post
    Lord knows I'm always free this summer and willing to do just about anything.

I'm hesitant to say we all dress up the same, especially not going for the "preppy" look, not quite our target audience. ;P I still think cosplay is probably our best option.

That being said, as far as food goes, find out about the homemade cooking rules. I can make a mean onigiri given adequate time to prepare, and I'm definitely game to help out make stuff if needed. Just say the word. ;P
    i absolutely love how its weird/strange to dress neatly, and instead cosplaying is a completely normal here

That being said, im being either The Red Ranger, or Archer from Fate Stay Night

7. Default

I'm going to make a solid attempt at making a Anizawa Meito costume, from Lucky Star...failing that, it'll be Shinra from Durarara ;P

Quote Originally Posted by papa_smurf View Post
    I'm going to make a solid attempt at making a Anizawa Meito costume, from Lucky Star...failing that, it'll be Shinra from Durarara ;P
    of course, someone will have to be Legendary Girl A. Actually, I would love it if someone was. XD
    Avatar: Kyubey (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)

Real name: Perry Logan, Higurashi/Umineko Scholar Extraordinaire

Game/Visual Novel Currently Playing: SotC/Steins;Gate 8-bit

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RamenPoodle View Post
    of course, someone will have to be Legendary Girl A. Actually, I would love it if someone was. XD
    The question, of course, is does someone have enough fighting spirit to do it?!

10. Default

Regarding food!

Zach,

Food would be awesome! If you all would like to bring that it would definitely be a hit! The only thing that I would urge you to keep in mind is that we are anticipating over 1500 students to show up, so although you do not need to have enough for every one, a large amount would be nice so that students who are interested can check it out and try it. I extended the date to July 5th so just let me know by then!

Best,

AM
    So guys, you wanna do this? I mean, we don't know how many people will show up to this thing. We have to anticipate at least over one hundred people will stop by the table just for food at least. Give me ideas, more ideas. We have until July 5 before we have to submit our plans!