Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ban Monarch

1. Default Ban Monarch

Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:1821681
    nick monarch
    After several players asked me to spec on him i did in the first demo u can see a bit of aimbot, in the second 1 gets clear.
    Owned!

2. Default

Sorry....bit of a noob with demos...how do I view them? lol

3. Default

...is he asking how to view the deoms recorded about himself?
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

4. Default

I was!, This will be my first demo viewing lol!

I figured out from a quick google search on how to do it. Thanks though!

5. Default

hmmm, this one's tough. some pretty bullshit shots, but no other obvious signs of hacking, like shakeing or snaping to target.

i honestly can't tell here. you'll need someone else to confirm it.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

6. Default

to recognize hacks you need to have used them. I used them a couple of yrs ago on 1.6 for curiosity. And believe me the aimbot can be put anywhere on the enemys body, there are aimbot where the screen doesnt shake at all. But you can see in the fight how his targets moves to the body even to the head even if the guy is reloading.
    If 2 admins disagree with me I will unban monarch.
    Owned!

7. Default

I would like to point out a few things.

If you notice while using the AK my shots were on target but there was no one there. Twice I attacked the spot the guy teleported to when he was not there although I thought he was. That's one indication that my gun does not "auto" anything.

One of the times I rushed into long hall and attempted to shoot one of the 3 t's there I completely missed all of them. Even while jumping and looking directly at the one beneath me.

Lastly. The final demo shows a bullshit shot when I tried to go into long amd 4 t's were waiting down the end and started shooting at me. While backing up and panic shooting I had 1 lucky shot to a head but the other shots completely missed targets and my gun aimed down I think at one point while shooting.

::Edit::
    I would also like to add that there should be no maybe decisions from admins. I don't know how many admins you have that actively review but if there are only a few then each one should be a yes or no. Otherwise this stays in limbo. With no one to fight for my defense, it is left to me to point out the "other" side. This makes it very difficult.

Also, as per your post diablo. A person "needs" to use a hack to recognize one? Which would imply that a majority of cs users are unqualified to identify a person hacking when in most cases it is blazingly obvious. I can see wall hacks can be hard to spot, not sure how aimbot works but does it line up shots through walls before I go around a corner? That happens at no point in the demos.

I'm not sure how to check my hlstats but if you know how. You should see no trend or indication of previous hacks/bans.
    Last edited by madmonarch; 05-18-2010 at 03:09 PM.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by diablo View Post
    to recognize hacks you need to have used them. I used them a couple of yrs ago on 1.6 for curiosity. And believe me the aimbot can be put anywhere on the enemys body, there are aimbot where the screen doesnt shake at all. But you can see in the fight how his targets moves to the body even to the head even if the guy is reloading.
    If 2 admins disagree with me I will unban monarch.
    You should be banned for just trying hacking. Comic anyone?

9. Default

I can detect no signs of an aimbot in these demos, at 100%/50%/2.5% speeds. There are copious amounts of over-correction; from my impression the aiming is entirely human. There is one lucky headshot in each demo. In the first demo, with the AK down the short hall between long hall and hostage room. In the second demo, with the deagle down the long hall. Neither of these shots appear to be more than luck.

The fact that he was using a deagle / ak the entire duration of the demo also contributes to my doubts - those guns are headshot machines.

As for locking on to bodies, see my note about over-correction. He knows how to manage recoil, but he can't track a target any better than anyone else I've seen.

There was no sign of locking on to targets behind walls.

From these demos, I'd say no hacks.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by madmonarch View Post
    I would also like to add that there should be no maybe decisions from admins. I don't know how many admins you have that actively review but if there are only a few then each one should be a yes or no. Otherwise this stays in limbo. With no one to fight for my defense, it is left to me to point out the "other" side. This makes it very difficult.
    Permabans are always reviewed, by whoever feels like reviewing it at any given time. If nothing else, I imagine ZERO or a clan member (as they are the only ones who may unban except the banning admin) would review permabans if no one else had done so. By the same token, if multiple admins have already reviewed the demos, especially older, reputable admins, they would probably not bother unless the banned person pestered them.

That said, it is generally preferred to not take chances of harboring hackers - it is a choice between not banning and potentially allowing hacking to continue, OR to ban and possibly inconvenience a legitimate player. Since this section exists, and legitimate players may plead their case (and other admins may review demos), it is usually preferred to not chance allowing hacking.
    Last edited by Tickle Me Emo; 05-18-2010 at 03:20 PM.

10. Default

Thank you for the detailed review of the demo Elmo.

I fully understand and agree with the ban first appeal later process, we use the same process on WTF servers. It is a proven technique and also helps us fill or forums with new and interesting people to socialize with (this doesn't mean we ban people to populate our forums however). This is why I haven't thrown up my arms in argument against diablo but have dealt with this in a respectable debating manner. I agree that a few of the shots that were fired were complete bullshit and I would have specced the player myself. Although I obviously disagree with the implication that I hack based on exacly what your review and opinion of the demo has revealed.

I would love more feedback on this. =)