Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: An eva thread(not bitching one!)

1. Default An eva thread(not bitching one!)

Just one question is eva a one per team race? There were 3 on a team today and an admin said there wasn't a rule against having more then one eva.

2. Default

maynard should take this one.

but until he gets on, as far as i know, it's one per team. the limiter isn't working correctly atm, and so people get around it. however, once zero finishes up everything else, it'll be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

are there offical wcs rules yet? i mean there is nothing in the TOS about it so i don't think anything is official.

4. Default

don't you start nem
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

There are. Zero sticky'd Maynard's Rough Rules for WCS for a reason.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

6. Default

ok.... so this is how it is. there officially is no rule that says 1 eva per team. all this 1 eva per team talk started about a month ago when zero said on the forums "when I made the race I intended for it to be 1 per team"

but here's the thing, he never said it actually is, nor has ever made in the servers history an attempt 2 regulate it as 1 per team. I believe eva should be kept an eye on, and moderated so we don't end up with like 3 on 1 team and none on the other, but I also don't think we need 2 freak out if there 2 evas on a team and say 1 on the other, like earlyer this evening. Eva is not the end all class, there are many classes that counter it, ppl just need 2 accept the fact sometimes in WCS you gotta play the race you don't want 2 at times 2 counter what's already happening on the playing field.

but like I said, there's never been enforcement of 1 eva per team, until about a month ago when zero said he intended to make it a certain way. just for zero having said that I don't think means we need 2 change how we been doing things on the server for the past 9 months. if zero wants 2 regulate it then that's fine, but it's a burden for admins 2 constantly deal with keeping it 1 per team when there's nothing in game that states it's 1 per team, and even more so when long time server regulars know this rule doesn't exist. even in the event if zero decided 2 regulate it like he did vega and flame pred, I would say max should be 2 evas on a team... Eva is not impossible 2 take out.

we've never enforced this in the past, and I see no reason why we should now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    are there offical wcs rules yet? i mean there is nothing in the TOS about it so i don't think anything is official.
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2240

there's the WCS rules, they are official just as they have always been. even before we had the rules written down, these were the rules enforced just out of common sense.
    Last edited by maynard; 05-10-2010 at 10:25 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

how about 4 against 1 with the server being emptied out because of no rules?

This just happened....luv it
    http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/508/hitmanf.png

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    how about 4 against 1 with the server being emptied out because of no rules?

This just happened....luv it
    that's why I said moderation is needed keeping it even. the server has existed for 9 months and gets good traffic, seeing how that rule never existed... I don't see it existing all of a sudden now will really change anything. we made it this long with just keeping the evas even on teams, I don't see any reason to do anything diff now, if zero wants 2 program eva 2 work like vega with a restriction thing that comes up if there's 2 many of them, then that's fine. asking admins 2 fully enforce a rule that never existed is just silly, even more so when there's no in game way for ppl 2 know it's 1 per team other then admins constantly having 2 deal with it, which we don't enjoy doing... there's no way 2 see who was on first, ppl always lie about who was on it first... it's just a pain in the ass. an admin shouldn't have to monitor evas at all time so they know who is allowed 2 be on it. it's simple, if zero wants 2 regulate it, all he needs 2 do is make it work like flame pred or vega and he has all the existing coding from the other races, so I don't see how it could be a big deal, but I don't think it really needs 2 be done, it's never been before, and the server is awesome.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

9. Default

Maybe the title should be changed from "rough draft" to something more definitive....like rules....

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Maybe the title should be changed from "rough draft" to something more definitive....like rules....
    maybe.. wouldn't make much of a diff either way. those are the server rules, and always have been.
    Last edited by maynard; 05-11-2010 at 11:24 AM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy