Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sqwertle May 19th, 11:45 (Central)

1. Default Sqwertle May 19th, 11:45 (Central)

IGN: Sqwertle
    SteamID: STEAM_0:0:5884415
    Who Banned You?: NYS I think.
    When: May 19th, 11:45 (central)
    Where: the pub
    Why Banned?: No idea, no ban message no warning. I was just playing, hadn't said a word in 30 minutes or so, not that I wasn't supposed to; just hadn't.

Why should you be unbanned?: I couldn't have done anything wrong as far as I know.
    Last edited by sudo; 05-19-2010 at 12:11 PM.

2. Default

Can I at least find out why I'm banned?

Edit: Apparently I wall, anyways if there isn't a demo or some undeniable proof can I get unbanned?

Edit2: NYS is the guy who banned me (at least that's what I was told). Since there isn't any proof how does this work?
    Last edited by sudo; 05-19-2010 at 01:20 PM.

3. Default

If an admin does not post as to why you are banned you will be unbanned in a few days.

4. Default

Edit: That rule should really be rethought. Without proof an admin can ban someone for a few days for "hacking" and it's okay, no one thinks anything of it.
    Last edited by sudo; 05-19-2010 at 02:43 PM.

5. Default

well, he doesn't have to post a topic for less than a perma, but he will probably reply to this thread sooner or later
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

6. Default

"post a topic for less than a perma"? "he" being myself or NYS?

7. Default

seeing how you're not an admin he means NYS... obviously.

it's simple, admins only have to let the public know baout perma bans. temp bans, we don't report cause there's no reason 2.

if NYS bannd you, then you did something wrong, regardless of you knowing it or not. just wait the ban out.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

8. Default

As far as I know it's not a temp ban. I was given no indication other than I was told I was hacking. Seeing as how I wasn't, and he has yet to post proof the conclusion is that I did nothing wrong. And of course he OBVIOUSLY meant NYC, you'll have to forgive me for not knowing that admins aren't required to post in a non-perma thread. Or maybe like you said, "whether I know it or not", I must have been accidentally hacking and not realized it... Yes, that must be it.

Back to the permaban part, afaik he hasn't said that this isn't a perma ban, I'd assume that if I were banned for hacking it would be permanent. If he temporarily banned me for hacking, well... that's just bad adminship as hackers should be banned permanently. Anyways, I'd sure like to see some proof, and get a little less sarcasm.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    if NYS bannd you, then you did something wrong, regardless of you knowing it or not. just wait the ban out.
    yes, because it's not like he's had dozens of abuse threads on him or anything...

Well i dont like NYS, but he has a good eye for hackers. I will not be bias until we see a demo.

Everyone should be un bias until proof has been given