Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: new CSS beta open again

1. Default

don't betas normally involve...feedback?

valve is fucking up big time here.

i only hope that they manage to optimize running css on servers, so that you can load plenty of mods on (when they get made) to change it all back the way it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

2. Default

Thank fucking GOD! I got it, so this week end I can start testing and getting things working in the beta. Hopefully I can fix everything in advanced next week.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Thank fucking GOD! I got it, so this week end I can start testing and getting things working in the beta. Hopefully I can fix everything in advanced next week.
    zero, i think i speak for everyone when i say, all hail.

seriously, if you can get wcs running on the beta (zm and gg will be updated on their own i'm sure) i'll most definately try to send you some cookies this summer when i get a job.
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

4. Default

thaz maynard! i registered on my steam account! cant wait!
    Owned!

5. Default

I have to ask.. Is Steam fu**ing retarded?.. Sure, they'll keep their fan base.. But all the fans will also be pissed off.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

6. Default

Well plan B then, trick steam into thinking the old version is a mod.

the UI I can understand updating but CC:S? thats fucking preposterous.

They should have listened to my fucking advice: you wanna do this, make it a separate game, but dont fuck us old css players over with this bullshit.

so to sum up it looks like I'll be saying the same thing about this game that I do about left 4 dead: I miss the old version before valve fucked it up.

FYI the only feedback they've been listening to on the steam forums is people sucking there dick and if you even bring up a negative the tf2 fan boys try and flame the hell out of it so even if you raise hell about it there not going to listen, hell one of the moderators called my idea of just making it a separate 2 - 10 dollar game insane for fucks sake.

so the best bet is to send all of your complaints to either erik or gabe from here
    http://www.valvesoftware.com/people.html

and after that let you walet do the talking when it comes to valve products and dont buy ep3, if you have to see what happens just watch it on you tube.
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 05-19-2010 at 09:55 PM.

7. Default

Actually I do not think making it a separate game is a good idea as it will just split the community. However I do believe that they need to fix a lot of stuff in this update.

So far I have liked that it appears that the names on the score board scale to fit everyone I also like that it shows if the player talking on mic is dead or not.

I really do not like the server browser, it is a clusterfuck.

8. Default

I can see where this BETA is going:

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    Kill cam can be disabled by the user.

The game is so dark, I almost had to turn my gamma all the way to light so now all the color is muted :/
    you sure you didn't have your gamma boosted way high in regular CS:S? CS:S Beta looks about the same to me, with a bit more contrast and saturation. Brightness is the same as regular CS:S.
    Kiro : us fireyes got dumb by his girl that y he is suck

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I can see where this BETA is going:

ummm...what? unless you're implying that it contributes to global warming, or that you can dual wield p90 and m4 in the beta (2 hands each wtf? must have a vector or something.)