Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: For you Gear Heads

You have 210 hp on the motor or to the wheels?

Also the 305 sucks dicks but if he had an Iroc it would be a different story. Also if I were you I'd do a Windsor swap into your car instead of building the good 'ol essex.
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

2. Default

Ever heard of Gordon Murray, if you want to go fast add lightness.

the bigger v8s are consideribly heavier than the v6 if he can pull the same amount of hp if not more out of a v6 then he's going to kick that V8s ass no matter what he's packing especially if its a california only emissions motor such as the 305.

Also did you lighten the body any with fiberglass or carbon fiber?

The day of the V8's done anyways especally with v6's producing a minimal of 300 hp in the latest camaro.

Kavinsky you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to motors.
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to find hackers

4. Default

Yes I do and the days of "yes its a V6 but you could have had a V8" are done.

Its not all about horsepower, its horsepower, lightness and aerodynamics. hell a uprated lotus elan (1960's elan) with a 4 cly cosworth motor would probably kick the ass of every car on the dragstrip since it's aced all three of those.

Honestly tell me how many cars nowadays come under 1300 pounds?
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 05-22-2010 at 01:29 PM.

You say v8's are done but no motors are "done." For example the Corvette ZR1 with a 6.2 Liter LS9 638-hp v8. Another example is the new mustang 5.0 motor with 412 hp. V8's are the best motors...obviously.
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to find hackers

6. Default

The ZR1 is a 100,000+ car how many normal people do you know have a hundred plus grand lying around let alone 50 for the standard corvette and 30+ for the mustang with that V8 in addition to the price of the medium to high grade gas required to run them?

Also 26 mpg my ass with that 5.0. People are going to have their foot in it all the time and average maybe 16 and with a 16 gallon tank that's what 256 miles and if they put in the recommended 91 octane its going to get expensive real quick.

Atleast with the 300 hp v6 there going to be managing probably 20 and you dont need 300 hp+ to go fast when the cars LIGHTWEIGHT and the mustangs ain't that with a 3400 pound minimal curb weight with the base line V6

And the modern miatas 2400 pounds with 22 mpg city and 28 highway, granted the modern ones abit fatter than the old one
    But don't get me wrong I like V8s but the days of having one as a daily driver are dying out fast again.
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 05-23-2010 at 05:11 AM.

The mitatas are lightweight but they are still slow as a son of a bitch...I know because my grandma has one. Weight doesn't matter as much as you think it does. No cars are really lightweight anymore.
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to find hackers

8. Default

"Weight doesn't matter as much as you think it does"

Ever heard of a little car called the Shelby Cobra, tiny ass car orignally a 6 clyinder AC ACE now packing a 427 V8 weighing 2340 pounds that produced 0-60 in 4.2 seconds 165 mph top speed in 1964

The lotus elan?
    http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/at-the...69-lotus-elan/

Or the modern rendition of the cobra?
    Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Miatas are a little underpowered but with some mods to the motor and some weight stripping they kick ass
    Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Yeah I know about the elan and the ariel atom and I'd rather have something else.
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to find hackers

sorry internet was down.

210 rwhp i have about 230 to the crank. 290 to the wheels.

i have a v6 because it was my friends old car and bought it off him cheap. I WIL NOT PUT A WINDSOR IN THIS CAR!!!! lol. the only engines i considered are

a.) 4.5 SVO V6 (extremely rare and expensive)
    b.) 5.0 V8 (one i a thousand but cheap to mod and repair)
    c.) Terminator Shortblock (expensive and really really dangerous for me to own lol)

I want a v8 and will always say v8 american muscle over anything. Its what i like lol, but the v6 can give alot more power with the right tuning. I race the Crapmaro on the 5th of june so we will see.

To Kavinsky, Im sorry i have test drove the new 5.0 v8 and yes with my foot pressed to the floor and burning rubber, i achieved an average of 22.2 MPG. at 412hp 450tq with that mileage, im down lol.