Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Going to CA in June!

1. Default Going to CA in June!

I got invited to go to the Video Games Live concert on June 17th! I'm not too familiar with peices from console games, as I have always been a pretty big PC gamer. I have much youtubing to do. Anyway, I'll be there from the 17th-22nd. Anyone from LA or know the area well enough to suggest other things to do while I'm there?

So far the list is to:

Go to Video Games Live.
    Go to Opaque
    Go to Gordan Ramsey's restaurant
    San Diego Zoo.
    Wine tour

Thats all for right now. Suggest Suggest Suggest!

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

2. Default

not sure if your a car person but if you are try looking up a place called the big dog garage, not entirely sure if there open to the pubic but I think they are.

Also you could try and get a ticket to Jimmy Kimmel live.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    not sure if your a car person but if you are try looking up a place called the big dog garage, not entirely sure if there open to the pubic but I think they are.
    What do you do there? Just look at fancy cars?
    Open to the pubic. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH im rollin'.

haha go to disneyland duh! or 6flags, or Knotts Berry Farm. Or come see your friend Perry!!! I live about 1 1/2 hours away.

see a show at the pantagious theatre. beach! San Diego!

if you want the VGL CD i have it. i can either mail a copy or email you the songs

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    haha go to disneyland duh! or 6flags, or Knotts Berry Farm. Or come see your friend Perry!!! I live about 1 1/2 hours away.

see a show at the pantagious theatre. beach! San Diego!

if you want the VGL CD i have it. i can either mail a copy or email you the songs
    Haha. I might go to one of the amusement parks, but I think there are bigger fish to fry. It's CA man. For me, an East Coaster who hasn't been further than Michigan, it's a big deal! lol.

I can find all of the orchistrations on youtube, just going to take some time to compile it all together

Well hit Santa Monica Pier, Corona Del Mar beach. Hit up the Queen Mary and the Long Beach Aquarium next door too it. Sea World for sure. San Diego For Sure. hit me up and i can take you through the elusive elfin forest also.

I would pass on the Bev Hills tours. they all stink and its just a snooty hyped up city. Be careful of street vendors in Ca also. alot of stuff is stolen and fake. Im not sure where you are on the East Coast but everything is farther apart out here too. Make sure you bring GPS lol! or see about getting one through a rental company with the car.

Also in July it will be hot! not humid or icky but pure heat. expect anywhere from 75-110 degree weather depending on where you are. For flights, look into LAX, Long Beach International, Burbank, and Ontario airport. sometimes its cheaper by like 50-100 bucks.

Also if you drive out here, we speed...like fucking crazy. i average 85mph on the freeways and i still get passed lol. on the 5,405,605,91,1 and other highways and interstates be careful we have alot of traffic and it gets hairy from 6am-8am and 330pm-6pm everyday. its rush hour and extremely hard to get through if not used to the immense amount of cars and idiots lol.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    Also in July it will be hot! not humid or icky but pure heat. expect anywhere from 75-110 degree weather depending on where you are. For flights, look into LAX, Long Beach International, Burbank, and Ontario airport. sometimes its cheaper by like 50-100 bucks.

Also if you drive out here, we speed...like fucking crazy. i average 85mph on the freeways and i still get passed lol. on the 5,405,605,91,1 and other highways and interstates be careful we have alot of traffic and it gets hairy from 6am-8am and 330pm-6pm everyday. its rush hour and extremely hard to get through if not used to the immense amount of cars and idiots lol.
    Thanks Perry! I'm not sure about the flight yet, but I think i'm flying into LAX. I won't be the one driving, so no worries on the traffic. haha. I will be in LA most of the time, but going to San Diego one of the days, atleast. I have to visit the Zoo, it is a must. Opaque is something I've been wanting to do for a very long time and since I will be there I am doing it, no questions asked.

Also, perhaps this is a stupid question, but since CA is 3 hours behind EST, when I buy my ticket and it says I arrive in CA at 2:30pm .. does this mean EST?
    Last edited by XX0wnsXY; 05-21-2010 at 03:10 AM.

LA is only 3-4 hours from Vegas, if you have a car, go to vegas, it wins there.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr View Post
    LA is only 3-4 hours from Vegas, if you have a car, go to vegas, it wins there.
    If I go to vegas, I will be too tempted to play poker. I want my monies to be spent on other pointless things.. like meals in the dark.