Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: Clusterfuck in the making

  1. Unhappy Clusterfuck in the making

    So as some of you know my main monitor recently showed some signs of its 10 year old age. Unfortunately technology has decreased in the last 10 years resulting in a world with no suitable replacement for the display which years ago was a few grand. As a result it should be no surprise that obtaining something worthy as a replacement would be costly. Luckily I found a reasonable display the W3000H with a low 12-17ms input lag. However it may be worth just paying the hundred or so extra for the dell model with the <8ms input lag being closer to my crt 0ms input lag.

    Input lag aside the "upgrade/downgrade" has created another problem, grafix card... to display at the correct resolution I must use both my gpu inputs for one display however I still need one for my secondary monitor (yes I need 2 monitors) so I need to also buy another gpu just to use this!

    So basically I can estimate that if my main monitor fails it will cost me about $2000 to replace it!

    Now on this note a new strategy will be implemented, everyone is to pray very very hard that this monitor NEVER dies

    Below is a for fun pro and con list of the clusterfuck that will someday occur:

    Pros:
    Larger screen size
    Greater productivity
    Higher Resolution
    Better picture
    Better grafix
    Higher fps (result of buying a second and faster gpu in order to have 2 so that I can have a secondary monitor)
    chicks dig big screen and high res!?

    Cons:
    $2000
    $2000
    $2000
    Input Lag
    Lower Response Time
    Lag
    $2000
    Possibility of dead pixels
    Destruction of savings account
    Loss of things $2000 could have been spent on like booz and hookers?!
    $2000, just fucking crazy



  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    So as some of you know my main monitor recently showed some signs of its 10 year old age. Unfortunately technology has decreased in the last 10 years resulting in a world with no suitable replacement for the display which years ago was a few grand. As a result it should be no surprise that obtaining something worthy as a replacement would be costly. Luckily I found a reasonable display the W3000H with a low 12-17ms input lag. However it may be worth just paying the hundred or so extra for the dell model with the <8ms input lag being closer to my crt 0ms input lag.

    Input lag aside the "upgrade/downgrade" has created another problem, grafix card... to display at the correct resolution I must use both my gpu inputs for one display however I still need one for my secondary monitor (yes I need 2 monitors) so I need to also buy another gpu just to use this!

    So basically I can estimate that if my main monitor fails it will cost me about $2000 to replace it!

    Now on this note a new strategy will be implemented, everyone is to pray very very hard that this monitor NEVER dies

    Below is a for fun pro and con list of the clusterfuck that will someday occur:

    Pros:
    Larger screen size
    Greater productivity
    Higher Resolution
    Better picture
    Better grafix
    Higher fps (result of buying a second and faster gpu in order to have 2 so that I can have a secondary monitor)
    chicks dig big screen and high res!?

    Cons:
    $2000
    $2000
    $2000
    Input Lag
    Lower Response Time
    Lag
    $2000
    Possibility of dead pixels
    Destruction of savings account
    Loss of things $2000 could have been spent on like booz and hookers?!
    $2000, just fucking crazy
    Come to NYC and I can guarantee that I can find anything you need here without paying
    http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/508/hitmanf.png


  3. #3

    Default

    maybe i can find cheaper over here too zero. On Base you see alot of people leaving for deployment selling things. (i.e car, computers, wives...etc)

    just let me know what you want in Normal person jargin lol!

  4. Default

    Actually if it ever happens you may be able to get me a 22" widescreen that has a swivel base for portrait mode. I will need this as a secondary monitor so I just need what ever I can find the cheapest. I will half to remember to pm you if my shit ever breaks lol



  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Cons:
    Loss of things $2000 could have been spent on like booz and hookers?!
    that is a HUGE con.

    /prays for zero's monitor/lottery ticket




    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm ~ George Orwell

    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Step 1: Get Admin
    Step 2:
    Step 3: Get Perma Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmail242 View Post
    ... IBIS in the name right? ibis.a means admin while IBIS means Shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. General George S. Patton

  6. Default

    So what Zero is saying here is this:

    Admin subscriptions shall rise to the price of $15/month to pay for the cocaine and alcohol he will need whilst dealing with such a problem as this.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    thx for all the opinions and advice ppl... aside from rage lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Think of the reserved slot as a vip ticket to the club. You get to go past the line and kick someone out of the club so you can get in. However if on your way to the club some fat ass gets stuck in the door when the bouncer goes to check him then you got to wait for the fire department to cut his fat ass out of the door before you can get in.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    So what Zero is saying here is this:

    Admin subscriptions shall rise to the price of $15/month to pay for the cocaine and alcohol he will need whilst dealing with such a problem as this.
    well, once i get a job this summer i'll still pay that, but for right now i'm getting 2 months via a friend.

    or at least that's the plan last i heard...
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

  8. #8

    Default

    Wait I see nothing on that moniter that would mean you need 2 DVIs per moniter. also.. thats a 27.5 Inch on 30" You cant have a screen larger then the dimensions, that's just silly. 27.6" x 20.7" x 10.6"


    Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    Come to NYC and I can guarantee that I can find anything you need here without paying
    lmfao... epic.

    Maynard - The WCS Guy

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    Wait I see nothing on that moniter that would mean you need 2 DVIs per moniter. also.. thats a 27.5 Inch on 30" You cant have a screen larger then the dimensions, that's just silly. 27.6" x 20.7" x 10.6"
    The fact that it is 2560x1600 tells me it is dual dvi according to the dvi spec. Also all 30" monitors are basically those dimensions. Bolth issues can be confirmed by the 3007WFP-HC which is the other screen I am considering b/c while a few hundred it has 50% less input lag.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •