Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Clusterfuck in the making

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    The fact that it is 2560x1600 tells me it is dual dvi according to the dvi spec. Also all 30" monitors are basically those dimensions. Bolth issues can be confirmed by the 3007WFP-HC which is the other screen I am considering b/c while a few hundred it has 50% less input lag.
    Well I dont see how you will plug in two DVIs into a moniter with one DVI port, You just need to use a dual link, thats still just one DVI though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Actually if it ever happens you may be able to get me a 22" widescreen that has a swivel base for portrait mode. I will need this as a secondary monitor so I just need what ever I can find the cheapest. I will half to remember to pm you if my shit ever breaks lol
    i got mine for 65 bucks it may not have the same resolution but 1680 x 1050 is just right for me woot.

3. Default

Oh it is impossible to buy a 22" with the same resolution as the 30" they do not exist. But I can force a higher one and have it scaled down so it looks the same size. It is not as if I care about great quality on the secondary monitor. I just need it b/c it makes it easier to work on things.

4. Default

Just buy a Insignia 32" flat screen tv. It has everything so it doubles as a PC monitor. With the LCD/HD it makes a wicked sick monitor.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    thx for all the opinions and advice ppl... aside from rage lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Think of the reserved slot as a vip ticket to the club. You get to go past the line and kick someone out of the club so you can get in. However if on your way to the club some fat ass gets stuck in the door when the bouncer goes to check him then you got to wait for the fire department to cut his fat ass out of the door before you can get in.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Just buy a Insignia 32" flat screen tv. It has everything so it doubles as a PC monitor. With the LCD/HD it makes a wicked sick monitor.
    1920 x 1080 or 2560 x 1600, unless you are going to be 20 feet away from your monitor, you buy a monitor, not a TV

The whole HD thing is sortof bullshit when computer monitors have been "HD" or greater since the mid 90s.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    1920 x 1080 or 2560 x 1600, unless you are going to be 20 feet away from your monitor, you buy a monitor, not a TV

The whole HD thing is sortof bullshit when computer monitors have been "HD" or greater since the mid 90s.
    with the tv, i'm sure you could scale it in such a way that you don't use the full screen when it's acting as the comp. monitor, but do use it when you wish to watch tv.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    with the tv, i'm sure you could scale it in such a way that you don't use the full screen when it's acting as the comp. monitor, but do use it when you wish to watch tv.
    And make the resolution smaller?
    A tv only has so many pixles

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    And make the resolution smaller?
    A tv only has so many pixles
    your previous ppost made it sem the problem w/ the tv was the size of the screen, while i said you could possibly make the comp. display on only a section of the screen (so as to not make it over-huge). and anyway, a 32' tv's maximum resolution would probably be too big anyway, so reduceing the resolution for when it's in comp mode should be fine. essentially, running at 1280x800 would be reduceing the resolution, yet that's still a perfectly acceptable resolution
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

9. Default

I actually do not care that much about the res, it is the speed and color that are important. On that note every TV is ruled out except for plasma. The tech used in lcd tv is a joke compared to real monitors. The screens I am looking at are using ips panels and require virtually no input lag. Most LCD screens have terrible input lag over 30+ms and use crappy TN panels.

10. Default

anything less then 5ms is gravy