Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, Here you go zero.

1. Default Well, Here you go zero.

Well, I see your having problems with myg0t and racist names. Im currently working on a script that bans all racists names it will ban it with capitals or whatever is in their name that is racists. Ill post more information down below. Just give me some time to test it . I also need to know how long the ban time you want like Permanent or Two hours?
    Last edited by PureLuck <3; 05-29-2010 at 10:36 AM.

2. Default

This sounds like a good idea. Racisim is not tolerated here. If you have not already I suggest you pm Zero directly.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AngryHobo690 View Post
    This sounds like a good idea. Racisim is not tolerated here. If you have not already I suggest you pm Zero directly.
    Yeah, I know im going to figure out how long he wants them banned? Does anyone know how long is a Racist name ban is?

4. Default

This sounds like a bad idea simply for the reason that your program cant think

So if someone had the name
    Kinky kenny or something they could be banned for being racist agenst jews.

You know why censors in games dont work? beacuse it blocks out usefull words and the words that were ment to be blocked in the first place just get replaced
    Last edited by StarsMine; 05-29-2010 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

5. Default

It's a clever idea but not practical. Stars is right, a script will have no way to discriminate a racist name between a name like "Kinky Kenny." My advice would be to try and write a script that changes unnamed players to a preset name, e.g. IBISfan, and add a variable on the end like the last four digits of their steam ID. That would force each unnamed player to name change and also eliminate duplicates.

unnamed => IBISfan03EC
    unnamed(1) => IBISfan4B20

Writing the unnamed script would also keep the size of the script to a minimum. The racist name script would, I assume, have a larger size due to the multiple variables. I know we are only speaking in terms of text here but with server scripts like gg, zmod, and wcsmod already native it seems wise to keep the amount of extra scripts low and simple.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by [usn]scribble[nuke] View Post
    My advice would be to try and write a script that changes unnamed players to a preset name, e.g. IBISfan, and add a variable on the end like the last four digits of their steam ID. That would force each unnamed player to name change and also eliminate duplicates.

unnamed => IBISfan03EC
    That is a really good idea. Oh, how that would make our lives so much easier.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

7. Default

or, just leave it up to the admins to enforce the rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by [usn]scribble[nuke] View Post
    It's a clever idea but not practical. Stars is right, a script will have no way to discriminate a racist name between a name like "Kinky Kenny." My advice would be to try and write a script that changes unnamed players to a preset name, e.g. IBISfan, and add a variable on the end like the last four digits of their steam ID. That would force each unnamed player to name change and also eliminate duplicates.

unnamed => IBISfan03EC

Writing the unnamed script would also keep the size of the script to a minimum. The racist name script would, I assume, have a larger size due to the multiple variables. I know we are only speaking in terms of text here but with server scripts like gg, zmod, and wcsmod already native it seems wise to keep the amount of extra scripts low and simple.
    Will do . Its already done! Im also working on a chat script that triggers words and bans for 2 hours .

two reasons a name changing script is bad. First I like changing unnamed people's names. Second, by creating a basic set name for people like this is there is ever several at once it will seem like bots and turn people off that don't know better.

10. Default

You guys are so fucking anti.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.