Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pissed off PopTart |ibis.a

1. Default Pissed off PopTart |ibis.a

Admin's INGAME name: Pissed off PopTart |ibis.a
    You're INGAME name: T-hee

How did he/she abuse (See TOS):
    I was playing on the map panic_lab something or other. All of the sudden during play I was 'kicked'. Checking my console I found that Pissed off PopTart had kicked me. Wondering what I did wrong I re-entered and asked repeatedly through chat why I was kicked. Eventually I get a response from PopTart stating '(ADMIN) Pissed off PopTart |ibis.a: thee can't you hear my damn mic'. I then proceeded to explain to him that I do not use a mic, that I do not wish to hear anyone, including himself talking while I enjoy my game, and that my voice, both hearing and speaking is muted through the console command 'voice_enable 0'. He then told me that it was [paraphrase] 'my own fault'.

I then got into a disagreement with him over the whole issue and stated that he might want to start typing out the warnings as well for those of us who do not use a mic/who might be hearing impaired. He continued to say it was my fault and eventually 'muted' me from typing. After a round of this I changed my name to 'Nice admin abuse', and was subsequently kicked and banned.

The purpose of this admin abuse thread is twofold. One, I do not believe I should have been banned for asking an admin to do his job properly. Two, I think that admins should be required to type out a warning as well. A sentence takes, what, 20 seconds to write even for a slow typist?

If what I was doing when he improperly warned me was wrong, then I apologize, but that is not the issue at hand. While the kick may have been partially justified, because if I had received the warning I would not have continued the offense, the ban was not.

Thank you for your time.

Proof (Proof is NEEDED in order to report abuse, if the abuse contains admin commands and chat only a date and time is needed; however, a screen shot or console copy is helpful): I was banned Tuesday, June 01, 2010 at around 9:15PM EST. I can also post a copy of my console although it is quite long.

2. Default

This is exactly why I would rather type out warnings than use my mic. More people see it that way, and you got proof on your side that you warned 'said' individual. If that does work, than usually a verbal warning follows, than a kick/ban if nessecary
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    thx for all the opinions and advice ppl... aside from rage lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Think of the reserved slot as a vip ticket to the club. You get to go past the line and kick someone out of the club so you can get in. However if on your way to the club some fat ass gets stuck in the door when the bouncer goes to check him then you got to wait for the fire department to cut his fat ass out of the door before you can get in.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by T-hee View Post
    Admin's INGAME name: Pissed off PopTart |ibis.a
    You're INGAME name: T-hee

How did he/she abuse (See TOS):
    I was playing on the map panic_lab something or other. All of the sudden during play I was 'kicked'. Checking my console I found that Pissed off PopTart had kicked me. Wondering what I did wrong I re-entered and asked repeatedly through chat why I was kicked. Eventually I get a response from PopTart stating '(ADMIN) Pissed off PopTart |ibis.a: thee can't you hear my damn mic'. I then proceeded to explain to him that I do not use a mic, that I do not wish to hear anyone, including himself talking while I enjoy my game, and that my voice, both hearing and speaking is muted through the console command 'voice_enable 0'. He then told me that it was [paraphrase] 'my own fault'.

I then got into a disagreement with him over the whole issue and stated that he might want to start typing out the warnings as well for those of us who do not use a mic/who might be hearing impaired. He continued to say it was my fault and eventually 'muted' me from typing. After a round of this I changed my name to 'Nice admin abuse', and was subsequently kicked and banned.

The purpose of this admin abuse thread is twofold. One, I do not believe I should have been banned for asking an admin to do his job properly. Two, I think that admins should be required to type out a warning as well. A sentence takes, what, 20 seconds to write even for a slow typist?

If what I was doing when he improperly warned me was wrong, then I apologize, but that is not the issue at hand. While the kick may have been partially justified, because if I had received the warning I would not have continued the offense, the ban was not.

Thank you for your time.

Proof (Proof is NEEDED in order to report abuse, if the abuse contains admin commands and chat only a date and time is needed; however, a screen shot or console copy is helpful): I was banned Tuesday, June 01, 2010 at around 9:15PM EST. I can also post a copy of my console although it is quite long.
    He's new here.

I think i was in there. Yes if i think who i think you are, your nothing but a spammer whose balls need to drop.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    I think i was in there. Yes if i think who i think you are, your nothing but a spammer whose balls need to drop.
    Well, considering I do not use the voice capabilities in Counter-Strike I think calling me a spammer is unfounded and quite insulting. I don't spam anything, plain and simple.

Also, according to my console log, you were not in there. Unless you found some way to stay invisible to a 'status' query in the console of course.

6. Default

I was there.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    I was there.
    demo or it didn't happen
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    demo or it didn't happen
    Fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by T-hee View Post
    Well, considering I do not use the voice capabilities in Counter-Strike I think calling me a spammer is unfounded and quite insulting. I don't spam anything, plain and simple.

Also, according to my console log, you were not in there. Unless you found some way to stay invisible to a 'status' query in the console of course.
    tiem?

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Fuck you.
    LOL. btw t-hee i believe pissed off poptart is an old admin with a different name, i forgot who though. and you are right about you being wronged, if you have proof about it something can be done, otherwise its a longshot. and yes, before i got my mic i too had problems with getting responses to my text. admins should definitely keep an eye on the text