Yes thats right I said it, however no North American release date has yet to be established.
(However this subtitled version is quite a few months ahead of the North American release date, I am quite sure, considering it hasent even been released to the public yet as far as a date of release in the States.)

"...The R2 Japanese release of Evangelion 2.22, You can (not) advance, will be out in a few days (May 26th). Of course, it’s not going to have English subtitles. For those who want a hard media copy of 2.22 with English subtitles can pre-order a copy of the Hong Kong Region 3 release (BluRay Region A), which will also have a Cantonese audio track as well as Chinese subtitles, distributed by Asia Video with a release date of June 25th."

From here:
http://www.evageeks.org/2010/05/evan...ish-subtitles/

I personally already have a Blu-ray copy of the Japanese vers. and yes it is very pretty.
If you have any questions or something releated please leave a comment, don't hesitate.
On preorders by the way, don't hesitate; the first week of release confirmation Japan had 800,000 preorders in the first week alone.
Take care and hello from the Land of the Rising Sun!

But I know masta would say tl:dr but I'm excited when someone does upload the entire movie and makes the subs from the japanese version.