Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can someone help me out, tomorrow, or in the near future?

1. Default Can someone help me out, tomorrow, or in the near future?

Ok, so I'm a lazy fuck that built my own computer. I built this computer like 2 years ago, updated it like a year ago with the new CPU and more ram. I'm pretty sure I have a shitty mother board that isn't capable of too much. It has taken me this long to to try and fix the BIOS problem, yes I have been running on only one core for over a year.

Anyways I updated my CPU and it only has one Core running. It's an Athlon 5200+ on MSI K9MM-V mother board.

Can anyone help me out into getting both cores working so I can upgrade my shitty Geforce 7300 to a Radeon 4650 or 4670. I want to run newer games.

I understand why the cores arn't working properly, I need to update the BIOS. But for some god damn reason I can't do it.

I'll post my system info tomorrow when I'm on my desktop. Thanks to anyone that can help me. <3
    Last edited by Poker$tar$; 06-03-2010 at 06:40 PM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Poker$tar$ View Post
    Ok, so I'm a lazy fuck that built my own computer. I built this computer like 2 years ago, updated it like a year ago with the new CPU and more ram. I'm pretty sure I have a shitty mother board that isn't capable of too much. It has taken me this long to to try and fix the BIOS problem, yes I have been running on only one core for over a year.

Anyways I updated my CPU and it only has one Core running. It's an Athlon 5500+ on MSI K9MM-V mother board.

Can anyone help me out into getting both cores working so I can upgrade my shitty Geforce 7300 to a Radeon 4650 or 4670. I want to run newer games.

I understand why the cores arn't working properly, I need to update the BIOS. But for some god damn reason I can't do it.

I'll post my system info tomorrow when I'm on my desktop. Thanks to anyone that can help me. <3
    Why cant you update the BIOS? but yeah ill look into the motherboard and stuff and see if we cant come up with a fix. And the 4670 gpu is good. Its about the highest you can go without needing extra power to the card

From the looks of it the Athlon 5500+
    is not supported
    http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=pr...me%20DESC#menu
    Which means an update wont make the second core work but I would try update anyways.
    Last edited by mag36; 06-03-2010 at 10:11 AM.

3. Default

Hey thanks mag.

I read up on it like 6 months ago and you can update the BIOS to where it does make the two cores work, I just couldn't figure out how to update the BIOS.

I kept fucking shit up. I am not paying someone to do something I know is easy to do.

4. Default

Oh dude it's a 5200+ not what I said earlier. I wasn't on my desktop and I forgot.

flashing the bios is usually pretty easy, just find the new bios, they are usually set up to be burned to a bootable CD. Boot your computer from the CD and follow instructions.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Poker$tar$ View Post
    Oh dude it's a 5200+ not what I said earlier. I wasn't on my desktop and I forgot.
    lol Yeah i had a heck of a time looking for this Athlon 5500+ you were talking about . I know alot more on the intel side of cpu's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr View Post
    flashing the bios is usually pretty easy, just find the new bios, they are usually set up to be burned to a bootable CD. Boot your computer from the CD and follow instructions.
    Yeah MSI should have step by step intructions. the biggest thing is make sure you dont turn off the system or anything during the process to brick the BIOS then your really fucked
    BIOS Drivers HERE
    Think there's even a Update Utility that will update it for you too
    MSI Utility programs HERE

Just double check and make sure thats the right motherboard and becareful on the utility and make sure your system wont freeze with the utility update
    Last edited by mag36; 06-03-2010 at 07:50 PM.

Intel 4 life
    I fucking love music
    Rip Paul Gray

-----------------------
    Server rules
    TOS
    How to report admin abuse
    How to find hackers

8. Default

Thank you Mag, you are the love of my life. And yes Intel is great, wish I went that route, I will next time.

I'll update you tomorrow on how it goes.

even if you fuck up you can unbrick the bios with a short circuit.The original bios is hardware, short of physical harm or an EMP it can't be removed.

10. Default

buy a new motherboard you turd