Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: {remove] aim_texture_jungle

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr View Post
    I have changed it to that map, but not ever without a 2/3 majority vote. It has been played 3 times in 3 weeks. I see no reason why you can't spice up the map list with a giggle map once a week, it isn't going to change the game, and lots of people have a great time. At no point have I ever seen no objectives be a problem. Also jungle is significantly bigger than crackhouse everyone else's favorite terrible map.
    if you want 2 change up the map rotation, it's fine.... that's not what this is about, what this is about is switching it to maps that offer fast xp and money. and ofcourse ppl want 2 play on those maps, they don't want 2 actually work for there lvl's lol.... you getting 2/3 vote for a map that ppl know will cash out well for them doesn't surprise me....

if ppl want 2 play on diff maps that's fine, but they need 2 be proper WCS maps. maps that are balanced for the mod, have a objective, and aren't uber small. as I said, these maps have never been selected or played before until the new admins like yourself came around, all admins in the past could look at the obvious fact that these maps aren't obviously designed for WCS.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

2. Default

and for the record, votes like "change to aim_texture_jungle: 1) yes, 2) no" are hardly fair votes. there are way too many 1-spammers in the world.

i know when i own my own servers, i'll randomly put up a vote that says "think carefully: 1) ban me, 2) let me stay, 3) hello, 4) goodby"

anyone who votes yes will get a 4-day ban
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post

i know when i own my own servers, i'll randomly put up a vote that says "think carefully: 1) ban me, 2) let me stay, 3) hello, 4) goodby"

anyone who votes yes will get a 4-day ban
    While that is a spectacular way to have nobody play on your servers, I'm not sure it's going to have the effect you want. Especially since I've voted 1 2 or 3 on accident probably about 50 times by switching weapons when the vote came up.

If the problem you are worried about is too much exp for people then you're out of control. One map every once in awhile that may be 25% faster than other maps isn't going to change the world.

If your problem is making people unhappy, then I have to say that I had just as many people playing before and after that map every time I switched.

Other than that I'm not sure what the problem is except a few of you just don't like the map and want to impose your rule to make sure everything is your way. If you can get away with it, more power to you, until then, I'll do as I please.

4. Default

While that is a spectacular way to have nobody play on your servers, I'm not sure it's going to have the effect you want. Especially since I've voted 1 2 or 3 on accident probably about 50 times by switching weapons when the vote came up.

If the problem you are worried about is too much exp for people then you're out of control. One map every once in awhile that may be 25% faster than other maps isn't going to change the world.

If your problem is making people unhappy, then I have to say that I had just as many people playing before and after that map every time I switched.

Other than that I'm not sure what the problem is except a few of you just don't like the map and want to impose your rule to make sure everything is your way. If you can get away with it, more power to you, until then, I'll do as I please.
    1. the server population is always at it's highest when we play original maps.

2. what I'm worried about is the fact it's not balanced, I'm pretty sure that I explained that 2 you in the prior msg...

3 I understand you think you know everything with your 3 weeks of play time on WCS, but it might be best 2 not act on ignorance and ego... doesn't really accomplish much. I'm sorry you're threatend by the fact ive been playing on WCS since the start, and do nothing but make sure it stays regulated and balanced... but I have what's best for the server at heart, and will continue to do so. everything I do for WCS, I do for WCS, not my own personal gain. the main problem with the map you're trying 2 defend is that it's incredibly small, and the enemy can literally be in the other teams spawn in less then 1 second, that's just silly and that aside there's no objective.

also jungle gives out farrrrr more then 25% xp then normal Lol.

and the only people unhappy are yourself and mikey.

also I believe in a prior msg I even said that I like the texture/jungle map, it's fun, and I enjoy it, shit... ice world is 1 of my all time favs.. but the fact of the matter is, they don't belong on WCS, cause they make shit unbalanced.
    Last edited by maynard; 06-08-2010 at 04:42 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

5. Default

There are tons of imbalances in WCS. It may be possible to balance the game entirely, but it would require a large amount of time and effort and reprogramming that I don't think anybody is willing to do when it's close enough.

Yes, you can be in the spawn in a second. I can't count the amount of times people have gotten into my spawn before I'm 5 meters away from it. Spiderman, strider, bugged santa, chameleon, warden, good vagas, all can do this in many of our maps, even the vanilla ones. Overall I don't get why get rid of maps when they have no significant impact on the game and are very rarely played.

PS being here longer doesn't make you better than others nor does me being relatively new make me ignorant. I get your used to what you say being followed and you're the leading authority on WCS rules and people should follow what you say in that regard; that power doesn't extend beyond that.

6. Default

PS being here longer doesn't make you better than others
    True

nor does me being relatively new make me ignorant.
    False. not saying you're stupid, just ignorant on the subject of WCS... if you're trying 2 argue we should play maps like this 1 and pool day, like mikey was, then you clearly are ignorant and don't fully understand the point of balancing.

I get your used to what you say being followed
    Lmfao... I only wish bro, truth is I deal with a handful of new admins like you every month-2months. I'm used 2 having 2 constantly explain the rules of the server, and have ppl argue with me non stop, cause they think they know everything after a couple days on the server... then stop playing in it another month or 2 later.

and people should follow what you say in that regard; that power doesn't extend beyond that.
    Never asked it 2 bro, or even remotely claimed it did. what I did claim, and is a fact though is you and mikey are the only ppl crying over playing maps that give you free xp out the ass and unbalance the races 2 no end., mikey did the exact same argument as you're doing now "oh I just wana play some new maps once in a while" but it's not about that, you want 2 play small maps, that give quick xp, and are based on DM style, no objective. go play GG if that's what you want. if you only wanted 2 play some new maps and have some variety, you would... but the fact is, you guys just seem 2 want 2 play these cheap little quick maps that cash out.

There are tons of imbalances in WCS.
    Not in the races there isn't. you might think so, but you'd be wrong. every class has a counter class, and even the best classes have several classes that can pwwn them. ppl just rather bitch (not you personally, just in general) then change there race 2 deal with it though, and claim zero is lazy and doesn't balance things when he infact does and has.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

I see what your saying, I still think I'm right in a way. But you've debunked me by weaving me in with mikey and that makes even me not want to listen to me anymore...also it makes me sad. I can't in good conscious argue something that mikey originally said is a good idea.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Not in the races there isn't. you might think so, but you'd be wrong. every class has a counter class, and even the best classes have several classes that can pwwn them. ppl just rather bitch (not you personally, just in general) then change there race 2 deal with it though, and claim zero is lazy and doesn't balance things when he infact does and has.
    exactly. why else do you think we don't have 500+ races like some servers out there? it's because whenevr zero decides to add new races, he playtests them rigorously on a private closed server w/ a few regulars to ensure they don't break gameplay in any way. every race has a counter.
    eva, go vaga, or molecule, or shadow hunter, or hell hunter.
    vaga bon/lion? go human. yes, that's right. a maxed human is extremely deadly to a vaga.
    glitched santa? human again, or athena
    flame pred? athena, human, raiden, nightelves, hellhunter, shadow hunter, vaga...

this is one of the most balanced wcs servers i've ever played on. however, maps made for gg completely ruin and overbalance everything. i would love to play poolday/iceworld. those are my 2 favorite maps. however, those do not belong on wcs. maybe in a pub server, but not wcs.

there's a difference between crappy maps, and maps that are bad for wcs. texture_jungle happens to fit both catagories, but mostly the not good for wcs one
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

9. Default

By the way, before you said it I never once even though about jungle for more exp than normal, it was just a gungame map that I always liked and it's the first one I recognized on the list.

10. Default

I see what your saying, I still think I'm right in a way. But you've debunked me by weaving me in with mikey and that makes even me not want to listen to me anymore...also it makes me sad. I can't in good conscious argue something that mikey originally said is a good idea.
    lmfao.. epic.

but fair enough, ill believe ya, that you wernt wanting 2 play it or the xp. I'm just saying that beteween all the xp, and the no objective it really does unbalance things. also I know mikey has been abusing those maps 2 get fast xp late at night, that or just abusing the lvling system some other way.... I'm sure he would argue diff, but the fact is he's 1 of the worst shots ive ever seen in CSS, and ive only once ever seen him have more kills then deaths, yet in like 6 days he's over lvl 500??? lol sssuurrreee.....

Maynard - The WCS Guy