Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BANNED WICKED ztele from zombies using !zmenu option

taking !ztele off the zmenu wont do anything. if !ztele is an option at all in zm you cant prevent this. i myself have !ztele binded to a key which is much easier than the !zmenu. i dont abuse this command, but i find it useful for getting out of cades quickly when im a zombie. just watch out for people doing it, thats all that can be done

2. Default

Acolyte already said why its useful...

it's not meant to completely eliminate !zteleing from zombies, just make it easier to catch them.

it'll show up on chat this way

3. Default

Yeah but theres an annoying ass 3 second delay now in the ztele system for humans even when theres no zombies around, its nice to know that there is now atleast a way around that on maps with small ass spawns

4. Default

i thought zero removed the delay for humans.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

Last time I was on, which was about a week ago it was still there.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hallwagner View Post
    taking !ztele off the zmenu wont do anything. if !ztele is an option at all in zm you cant prevent this. i myself have !ztele binded to a key which is much easier than the !zmenu. i dont abuse this command, but i find it useful for getting out of cades quickly when im a zombie. just watch out for people doing it, thats all that can be done
    well taking ztele option away from humans is not what i want. binding your ztele is ok as well as typing because i'm able to see it on the chat so i know if humans are ztele-ing from zombies. but there is another option of ztele where it doesn't show in the chat box and its nearly impossible to find the people who ztele from zombies using that option. that is the option i'm requesting to remove from humans despite of the 3 second delay.
    watch the vid near the end to see what i'm talking about. if more people know about this then they will take advantage of it and will be hard to admins (especiall new admins) to catch them.

Quote Originally Posted by alex_mamaroneck View Post
    well taking ztele option away from humans is not what i want. binding your ztele is ok as well as typing because i'm able to see it on the chat so i know if humans are ztele-ing from zombies. but there is another option of ztele where it doesn't show in the chat box and its nearly impossible to find the people who ztele from zombies using that option. that is the option i'm requesting to remove from humans despite of the 3 second delay.
    watch the vid near the end to see what i'm talking about. if more people know about this then they will take advantage of it and will be hard to admins (especiall new admins) to catch them.
    i agree with you there alex, there needs to be a way to find people if they do this, and i wasnt aware the admin menu !ztele doesnt show up in chat. so that is a solution

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by alex_mamaroneck View Post
    Banned: Wicked

Steam: STEAM_0:0:20570853

Request: REMOVE THE ZTELE OPTION FROM THE !ZMENU

Reason: he was banned and warned on frequent occasions. however, my greater concern is not that he ztele'd from zombies. its HOW he ztele from zombies. i spoke to Dr. Tran about this matter.
    It started with a round when zombies started to spawn. i was spectating a couple of people and came across WICKED who was running away from 3 zombies to the corner of the map. all of a sudden he appeared at spawn. i thought he logged off but he didn't. he didn't type it nor bind it. it didn't show up on chat box nor on console.
    i banned him for a day because he's done this before and i put a warning on chat every round: @ DO NOT ZTELE FROM ZOMBIES

To Zero: i had requested to have this option to be remove since i became admin. now i'm afraid more and mroe people are going to abuse this option and new admins will find it impossible to catch them

this video is a major example of the ztele option its around the end of the vid...
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/gzyhnl...wicked0608.dem

ps: Wicked its not your fault that you know this option. this punishment is the same as all the players who were warn many times not to ztele from zombies
    Telling ppl on the forums its like telling the world you know.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mastercheff View Post
    Telling ppl on the forums its like telling the world you know.
    what is so bad about that Mastercheff? you tried to frame me and let the world know and you end up losing big time.
    aside from that, to me it gives a sense to the admins to keep an eye if not two on people who are breaking the rules. it also encourages people who read the forums not to commit in rule breaking.

10. Default

Had to ban Wicked AGAIN TODAY for breaking Hall's cade and ztele using that same option while denying braking a cade. he's done it twice in the same round. Looks like he hasn't learned his lesson....
    2 day ban... better not do it again..

Quote Originally Posted by hallwagner View Post
    i agree with you there alex, there needs to be a way to find people if they do this, and i wasnt aware the admin menu !ztele doesnt show up in chat. so that is a solution
    Last edited by alex_mamaroneck; 06-10-2010 at 12:50 PM.