Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup Starts Tomm. Will be on limited Times

1. Default

Your all missing the best team in the world cup this year, Argentina. With Tevez, Messi, and and Milito they have the best offense in the cup.
    -MBP

2. Default

Argentina is a force to be reckoned with....but strong side is also their weakest because what they hold strong id offense they arent that good defensivly
    http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/508/hitmanf.png

3. Default

i'd really like to see north korea play south korea, but the teams they'd have to go through to get that match up make it pretty impossible.

also, Rawr, the US has no chance, because if you're good, you go play for someone else. the US fields a second teir team. and also, no one cares about soccer in the US, so they really don't have the funding like other sports or other countries.

4. Default

clearly you don't know much about soccer. First, most of the US players play for other countries in club, but in the world cup you MUST BE A CITIZEN to play for the team, so saying they would play for another team is retarded. Secondly all World cup teams are funded by FIFA as well as their countries so no team lacks funding ever.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    i'd really like to see north korea play south korea, but the teams they'd have to go through to get that match up make it pretty impossible.

also, Rawr, the US has no chance, because if you're good, you go play for someone else. the US fields a second teir team. and also, no one cares about soccer in the US, so they really don't have the funding like other sports or other countries.
    Nemesis you are wrong...The reason the U.S. is playing so hard right now is that they have a big fan base already and to top it all off, if they actually pull a victory off against England (NEVER HAPPENING) it will boost them publicity of the game ihere in the states. FIFA and the country itself fund these teams

The U.S. is currently in a bidding war with England and a few other countries to host the 2018 World Cup. Problem with it all is that these games would be spread all over the country from California to Florida to NYC.

Currently England has a problem because all their best goalies have come from the United States as loans. The United States has a great team but they will not advance far into the whole thing. England will win the group with first followed by the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr View Post
    clearly you don't know much about soccer. First, most of the US players play for other countries in club, but in the world cup you MUST BE A CITIZEN to play for the team, so saying they would play for another team is retarded. Secondly all World cup teams are funded by FIFA as well as their countries so no team lacks funding ever.
    Rawr does point out another thing I missed.

6. Default

yes, which is what i said, it's the same here, i know i guy who went to play in Spain, he became a citizen and now (not saying he's good enough to) he could be named to the national team.

and i don't mean funding for the national team, i mean funding for the sport in general. in other countries every single kid plays soccer, they play for years, so thats how they get good. here in north america the kids play all sports, and the soccer base isn't as big as other sports, however it is growing, so you never know what will happen.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Curdy View Post
    I like germans ^_^
    damn strait
    Last edited by maynard; 06-10-2010 at 07:05 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

8. Default

Have you ever thought that United States soccer athletes are less skilled on average in comparison to other countries simply because not only are their programs less dedicated to the sport and fewer citizens play the sport competitively?

9. Default

holy shit, i was just watching the Daily Show and they got the british guy to do a report on the American soccer team for the world cup, its great you guys should ffind it. he was interviewing one of their forwards and he's like "there are no easy games in the world cup, unless you're playing the Americans, and you never get to play yourself, do you tihnk thats fair?"

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    holy shit, i was just watching the Daily Show and they got the british guy to do a report on the American soccer team for the world cup, its great you guys should ffind it. he was interviewing one of their forwards and he's like "there are no easy games in the world cup, unless you're playing the Americans, and you never get to play yourself, do you tihnk thats fair?"
    No one is giving the United States any credit. I am but not enough for them to beat England. They have no contingency plan for Rooney the rest of the squad.

They will advance unless injuries occur in one game