Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: hallwagner

so a religion is offensive? now thats racist

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hallwagner View Post
    fine insulting peoples not allowed then. the word is not racist. with your logic i cant call someone stupid, fag, bitch, or pussy. it doesnt matter if its used to describe a religion. can i not call someone christian? same godamn thing. and the first people who told me jew wasnt a racist word were jews. its just like calling someone whos muslim a muslim
    I believe it falls under this section of the rules, depending on the context:
    Code:
    VII. Respect

1) Players that disrespect others
        2) Player continuously nags others and continues despite reasonable requests to silence including mutes and kicks
        3) Players that disrespect Admins or <ibis>

A) Player that nags an admin repeatedly despite being told to
            B) Player that is not respectful of someone of a higher position
            C) Flipping out at an admin after being told to

a) Cursing
                b) Screaming into mic
                c) Ranting about how the admin, ect is gay ect.
    So yes, if you call someone a fag and they take offense, you should probably stop. If you call someone a jew and an admin takes offense, stop.

Rule to live by: DBAD - Don't Be A Dick
    Kiro : us fireyes got dumb by his girl that y he is suck

thats the stupidest fucking rule ever. being offended is someones opinion, therefore they can CHOOSE to be offended by anything. i can say "nice shot" then they get offended and i get muted...retarted. its not my fault dr tran is biased as hell against me and wants to start getting offended over nothing...thats his fucking issue

4. Default

So let me get this straight, you think calling people Jews is not offensive?

Quote Originally Posted by KɅΞW View Post
    So let me get this straight, you think calling people Jews is not offensive?
    i never said that. i said the rule is retarted. it leaves it so that anybody can ban anybody or mute anybody for anything

6. Default

i never said that. i said the rule is retarted. it leaves it so that anybody can ban anybody or mute anybody for anything
    No, the rules say kick first, then ban. I think it might preface them with a verbal warning before those actions too.
    Kiro : us fireyes got dumb by his girl that y he is suck

7. Default

@ Hallwagner

the word Jew is used in many ways. for example:

"there are 300 people in boat and half of them are jews"

"oh crap you shot me. you're such a jew"

"my father's friends are jews and so is my wife"

"you broke my cade you jew bag"

ask a jewish person (NOT YOUR FRIENDS) which sentences he finds it offensive. sec i have a web how people, who are jews, feel when its use in a certain way:
    http://www.jewcy.com/jewcy_forums/di...w_as_an_insult

if you want to go in depth with that debate, it will get complex and you will lose your argument because u use the word, jew, in an insulting matter.
    the majority of the admins don't like that word being used. the majority of the admins might have told you repeatedly not to use it.

if i were you, when i get muted i'd ask Dr Tran for the reason and then i'll wait until the end of the map and i will automatically get unmuted; i'm pretty sure if i avoid the mute, i'll get banned.
    you really have to control yourself on this one. remember what i told you in the last thread when i muted you:

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3934

thats the stupidest fucking rule ever. being offended is someones opinion, therefore they can CHOOSE to be offended by anything. i can say "nice shot" then they get offended and i get muted...retarted. its not my fault dr tran is biased as hell against me and wants to start getting offended over nothing...thats his fucking issue
    Last edited by alex_mamaroneck; 06-13-2010 at 01:25 PM.

8. Default

Fun Fact: In the Bible, Jews are actually referred to as a race, not a religion.

I'm sorry Hall, but avoiding a mute warrants a ban.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    Fun Fact: In the Bible, Jews are actually referred to as a race, not a religion.

I'm sorry Hall, but avoiding a mute warrants a ban.
    That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Everyone knows that Jews are not a race. What bible are you referring ? My bible surely doesn't say that bullshit.

and here comes another huge debate.

im with you NYS about judiasm being a religion not race.

people forget that they are just middle eastern