Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: State of WCS

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    Any idea when this fuckovers going to happen so we can have one last blast on all the servers before the update of fail and doom?

Zero might as well password the servers the day before the update and let all the forumers in to party hard.

2. Default

Today I contacted the developer asking if he can update war3 to support more abilities per race. I also told him that I am willing to pay him in order to get these features implemented. Hopefully we will get a favorable response.

3. Default

Why dont you sell shares of ibis to the people who are buying admin? You can ask them 50 buck per share? Im a finance engineer I can make the contracts to be signed we can make a
    ibis a virtual business and a community as well. If 10 peple buy shares it will be 500 bucks i think it is enough for the work isnt it? If you dont want any unknown admin you can select them and sell shares for invite only. It would give the idea of ownership, but you zero are still the general manager you have the final word. The shares could be transfered among ibis members prior your conscent.

I wont mind to start over i leveled 400 levels on 1 month just playing 10 hours a week. It will be fun if we start over and it will be nice to have new races as well.
    Owned!

4. Default

restart me no likey!!1

and, no, IBIS is not going to become a publicly traded company.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

Well.... BRB gonna go pick cry

But yea, if we end up restarting, a lot of people will be upset at that. A temporary conversion to keep our levels but limit our abilities and still have one ultimate will kill some classes in the process but still allows us to progress, if this is what I am understanding.

Solution (from my point of view on that...) : we make a that updates es_tools for us with holy pow-ah! Ok now I'm just letting my imagination run loose... umm... *starts praying*

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

6. Default

Jippy I did play wcs twice, once with mag and didnt care for it.

I'm wondering when its going to happen because its going to screw up the shooting tecniques for atleast the desert eagle and the ak 47.

the online hit detections going to be modified and there going to tf2 it, it seems. hence why I want to know when so I can enjoy gg before judging by all the past accounts of there updates this year they fuck us over and god help us if they apply the new tf2 menu to css.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    So as you all know when the beta goes live the WCS server is going to die. This is becuase the entire mod is not compatible with the new engine becuase it requires ES_tools to work which will very likely not be updated. As a result we have the following options with regard to the wcs server:

1. Remove WCS
    2. Run another version that only allows 3 abilities and 1 ultimate per race
    3. Pray that es_tools is updated
    4. cry
    5. Develop out own wcs mod from scratch
    6. Reprogram all races and current WCS code to work without es_tools
    7. Pay off developer of war3 to allow for more than 3 abilities and 1 ultimate so we can just use that.

This list is organized from what I believe to be least likely to most likely options for dealing with this problem. Note that everything below option 4 will require large investments as I can not program that amount of data on my own.

Personally I think the best option is to get the developers of war3 source to allow for the variety of abilities that our current wcs server supports. This way when we convert everything over not only do we get something that works on the new engine but also becuase it is running on sourcemod it will not lag or crash!

I want to know what all of your thoughts are on this issue. This week I plan to really crack down on finding a solution to this impending update of doom.
    I like 2,3,5,6,7

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Schnacky View Post
    I like 2,3,5,6,7
    2 is pretty much out of the question. maybe as a temp fix to retain levels, but that'd fuck so many races over it wouldn't be funny.

how long have you played it anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    2 is pretty much out of the question. maybe as a temp fix to retain levels, but that'd fuck so many races over it wouldn't be funny.

how long have you played it anyway?
    well, 2 would be more of a last resort. The IBIS server, like 2 months. Random WarCraft/Superheroes servers since 1.6 had a beta of it before it was cancelled and moved to CSS.

10. Default

I have sent another pm to the creator of war3 on the source mod forum so hopefully he will get this one. All other servers will be prepped for the conversion before the end of this week. This weekend I will be in emergency programing mode to fix as much of wcs as I can given the situation at the time. This will either be programing stuff for conversion to war3 or recreating all of the races from scratch without es_tools.