So as you all know when the beta goes live the WCS server is going to die. This is becuase the entire mod is not compatible with the new engine becuase it requires ES_tools to work which will very likely not be updated. As a result we have the following options with regard to the wcs server:

1. Remove WCS
  2. Run another version that only allows 3 abilities and 1 ultimate per race
  3. Pray that es_tools is updated
  4. cry
  5. Develop out own wcs mod from scratch
  6. Reprogram all races and current WCS code to work without es_tools
  7. Pay off developer of war3 to allow for more than 3 abilities and 1 ultimate so we can just use that.

This list is organized from what I believe to be least likely to most likely options for dealing with this problem. Note that everything below option 4 will require large investments as I can not program that amount of data on my own.

Personally I think the best option is to get the developers of war3 source to allow for the variety of abilities that our current wcs server supports. This way when we convert everything over not only do we get something that works on the new engine but also becuase it is running on sourcemod it will not lag or crash!

I want to know what all of your thoughts are on this issue. This week I plan to really crack down on finding a solution to this impending update of doom.