Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: State of WCS

1. Arrow State of WCS

So as you all know when the beta goes live the WCS server is going to die. This is becuase the entire mod is not compatible with the new engine becuase it requires ES_tools to work which will very likely not be updated. As a result we have the following options with regard to the wcs server:

1. Remove WCS
    2. Run another version that only allows 3 abilities and 1 ultimate per race
    3. Pray that es_tools is updated
    4. cry
    5. Develop out own wcs mod from scratch
    6. Reprogram all races and current WCS code to work without es_tools
    7. Pay off developer of war3 to allow for more than 3 abilities and 1 ultimate so we can just use that.

This list is organized from what I believe to be least likely to most likely options for dealing with this problem. Note that everything below option 4 will require large investments as I can not program that amount of data on my own.

Personally I think the best option is to get the developers of war3 source to allow for the variety of abilities that our current wcs server supports. This way when we convert everything over not only do we get something that works on the new engine but also becuase it is running on sourcemod it will not lag or crash!

I want to know what all of your thoughts are on this issue. This week I plan to really crack down on finding a solution to this impending update of doom.

2. Default

well I'm quite sad 2 hear we're gonna lose WCS and all that many have put into it for the past year, but at least we will get WCS back.

- how long do you figure we wont have WCS

- when does the beta go live again?

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    [*]Reprogram all races and current WCS code to work without es_tools
    so when it's reprogrammed, will we have the existing races and get 2 keep our lvls? or will it be new races and starting over again?
    Last edited by maynard; 06-12-2010 at 10:54 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

3. Default

Yea, also if we switch to war3 our levels will convert.

4. Default

very nice.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

5. Default

I dont wanna lose wcs for any extended period. if we only have 3 abilities for a short time until other alternatives arise, id be ok with that. it may add some interesting dynamics to wcs lol.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

6. Default

well my main concern was starting all over from scratch. if we had 2 start all over with new races, and then figure them all out again and make new rules based on the new classes again, that would be kind of a pain. not fully cause it's just a long drawn out process, but cause it would also mean everything zero, myself, all the admins and regulars had done in the last year would have been completly pointless. wouldn't be horrible, but I love what we got <3. I'm real glad that we get 2 keep everything the same.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

This was destined to happen when Maynard wished ill upon ZM..

Just sayin'.. <.<''

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    This was destined to happen when Maynard wished ill upon ZM..

Just sayin'.. <.<''
    lmfao... screw you james!

Maynard - The WCS Guy

9. Default

Any idea when this fuckovers going to happen so we can have one last blast on all the servers before the update of fail and doom?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    Any idea when this fuckovers going to happen so we can have one last blast on all the servers before the update of fail and doom?
    you don't play wcs.

i know because you haven't bitched about it yet.

and zero, i'd actually say look into both making our own as well as contacting war3 and looking into the extended abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?