Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What i see that needs to be done to zm.

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Amon View Post
    I think it was explained, but the reason for the alltalk is so admins can control mic spamming better.
    If there wasn't so many people, it wouldn't be as bad. We never needed it before, we don't need it now.

2. Default

Zero stated in another post why the server won't be going back down to ~31 players on the zm server but I'm having a hard time finding the post.

Like I said alltalk makes the admin's job easier; if you the admin is human and someone is claiming a zombie is mic spamming we either take his word for it (and quite frankly half you guys don't know what mic spam is) or get ourselves killed to hear it. If anything we do need it more then ever, I've seen more idiots on the server in the last month than ever.

If Xen is the senior admin she has the right to change the map to whatever she wants; it doesn't matter if anyone likes it or not. It looks like the only change there will be to this is there will be different admin ranks later according to Zero.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DrTran View Post
    Zero stated in another post why the server won't be going back down to ~31 players on the zm server but I'm having a hard time finding the post.

Like I said alltalk makes the admin's job easier; if you the admin is human and someone is claiming a zombie is mic spamming we either take his word for it (and quite frankly half you guys don't know what mic spam is) or get ourselves killed to hear it. If anything we do need it more then ever, I've seen more idiots on the server in the last month than ever.

If Xen is the senior admin she has the right to change the map to whatever she wants; it doesn't matter if anyone likes it or not. It looks like the only change there will be to this is there will be different admin ranks later according to Zero.
    She does not have the right to change it to whatever she wants. You can't just change the map without considering all the other players' opinions. Yeah it makes the admin's job easier, but we have no problem before with voting one admin to babysit while everyone else played before. Oh that's right... not everyone was so worried about their ranks back then either.

4. Default

Yes she does... one of the benefits of paying for admin and being senior admin. It can be considered a jerk move but its still her choice.
    Personally I let the map go to whatever won unless its zm_grid, weapons factory or Helms Deep.
    How can one admin sit out and watch for what's going on mic? Without all talk you would still have to constantly switch between teams to hear what's going on.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DrTran View Post
    Yes she does... one of the benefits of paying for admin and being senior admin. It can be considered a jerk move but its still her choice.
    Personally I let the map go to whatever won unless its zm_grid, weapons factory or Helms Deep.
    How can one admin sit out and watch for what's going on mic? Without all talk you would still have to constantly switch between teams to hear what's going on.
    No idea, but it has been done before.

And no, you can't just change the map to whatever you want and disregard the other players. Atleast back then you couldn't... it was frowned upon.

6. Default

Admins behave differently. There's only 3 maps I will not do and all votes I do have at least 5 choices. Personally I hate it when an admin changes the map without warning or does a single map vote (1 spam ftl).

7. Default

you can change the map to whatever you want as an admin...but if you put a map vote up, and a map you dont like wins...Guess what? tough luck. If you change the map after that, thats just pathetic.

I'm not going to bust anyones chops, but if he would lower the server to 35 slots. It would mean 30-32 people could play at one time. I mean, 2 bucks a month for a reserve slot would come in handy in these siutuations... or have admin.

Oasis does make another good point, the zombie settings themselves such as the ability's of each should go back to what they used to be... i dont like the new settings on them. The classic have the same jump distance and height as speed, predator and predator xp.
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
    No idea, but it has been done before.

And no, you can't just change the map to whatever you want and disregard the other players. Atleast back then you couldn't... it was frowned upon.
    read the TOS before making asusmptions.

admins are free to change the map to whatever they want, if they're senior admin. they mustn't abuse this w/ frequent map changes however.

that's pretty much a quote from the tos. now, most admins will put up a vote. call it courtesy. HOWEVER, that's completely up to them if they want to do so. I know that personally, when i get admin, i will not play any of the LOTR maps when i'm sr. admin. but those are just about it.

simpson's escape too. that one will be changed instantly as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

9. Default

How the heck did I get brought up in all this? Senior admin can change the map whenever they want without a map change just as long as it's not frequent. If you are referring to the other day Oasis when I did a map vote for winter complex and everyone voted yes, and then you decided to yell at me the whole time we were on the map because I was camping in the tubes with everyone else thats not admin abuse either.

For one I did a map vote, for two everyone voted yes, and for three I didn't appreciate being yelled at for 25 minutes and called a horrible admin because I was camping in a tube. I know you were arguing with my husband but that doesn't mean I need to get dragged into it.

Not to mention when I joined the server this morning the map was on winter complex and you were sitting in the exact same tube I camped so doesn't that make you a hypocrite?

Anyways, the only thing we need to worrying at fixing in the ZMOD server right now is the horrible lag spikes.
    Got pug?
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman
    Hey Shrek take it easy.....why dont you grab your gf Fiona from that pic and just leave?

10. Default

unn oasis, tubes are valid holdout spots.

fyi
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?