Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What i see that needs to be done to zm.

1. Default What i see that needs to be done to zm.

Let's face it, the servers decent now, but NOT GOOD. It used to be the most addicting thing to play on, but that is now gone. The server has got to get a few changes in it. It's just out of control as of latley. There's alot of traffic in it now, the most ever due to it being 43 slots. There's downside and upsides to the server, but some key one's do have to be changed.

This is what i see that needs to be fixed to make the server better.

1. Player amount: Change to 31-34. This was perfect, i don't know why zero changed it in the first place.

Pro's:
    - More space
    - Less Traffic
    - More people paying for reserve slots/admin
    - Easier to maintain peace, and server happiness. ( less chaos )

Con's:
    - Less people
    - Bigger maps might be to open, like the 3 out of 100 or so...
    - Rounds could be shorter, but that i still have something to talk about.

2. Time limit per cade map: Why is it 5 mins? It is to short to do anything on. By the time you built a cade, the round is coming to a close with just a min or so to shoot at zombies. Where's the fun in that? I say we change it back to 6 mins. Again, i do not know why zero changed it but it's his servers...

Pro's:
    - Longer rounds = more play time on the map.
    - Due to the map changing every 20 mins. If you had 4 rounds, 5 mins long = 20 min. But, with 6 mins it makes 24 mins. 4 min difference, but it makes a 10 min difference if u extend the map.
    - A better chance for humans to get to a good cade spot in time, this correlates till my 3rd complaint.

Con's:
    - Bigger maps may drag out the round if someone's hiding in a corner.
    - People might get bored and leave the server.

3. The zombie respawn time is to fast. It needs to be drag an extra 10-15 seconds to give humans a chance. Currently with alot of maps being to crowded and zombies spawning as fast as hell, there is no fun in it. I took a study out of 3 maps that we played on. Snoopie, hospital, and redemption. 70% of the time the round ended just over 3 mins into the round. To many people, zombies spawning to fast, just ruins the fun. What i think needs to be done is this, have 1 spawning zombie per cade map. Have it spawn 20-30 seconds within the round to give humans a chance, with changing the time back to 6 mins, this will make the rounds more enjoyable. For escape maps however, if this is possible, have 2 zombies spawn. Have the "alpha" zombie spawn back in spawn, and just a regular zombie spawn were he stands. This will create a better situation for the server.

Pro's:
    - Give's humans a better chance, and helps the rounds be played out more.
    - Balance the server out so each side has a fair chance at winning
    - The rounds would last longer and so would the game.
    -

Con's:
    - Zombie might go afk or be afk, and it could waste/ruin people's time.
    - Bigger maps might make it harder for a single zombie to tag people.
    - a single person may not want to be a zombie, and can just leave the server.

4. All talk is on...WHY? Why is all talk on? It's to dang anoying and ruins the game play. Humans cant talk with it on without zombies hearing were there at. It gives zombies an unfair advantage at were humans are at. If people want to talk to each always, use Teamspeak or ventrillo. I'll give out server info's to both if they need it. It needs to go off.

Pro's:
    - Humans can talk and work as a team.
    - Less spamming, and easier to hear someone talk.
    - Keeps the server more peacefull.
    - Makes it easier on the admins and players who dont wanna listen to people talk.

Con's:
    - Cannot talk to your buddy on the other team......
    - Mic spammers can hide on the other team to mic spam...EX: The admins a human, mic spammers a zombie...

5. Admins controlling the server, time to crack down. This is a setting, the enviroment in which we the community can control. They gotta start doing there job and stop being so easy. You pay for admin to make the server what is it.

Other suggestions are appreciated. if you want me to add something, use the folowing.

pro:
    - <your suggestion here>
    con:
    - <your suggestion here>

I will probably add more, to each and also problems members of the community have with the server.
    Last edited by THE HOLY SH**T!; 06-15-2010 at 08:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

2. Default

Another thing that I think should happen is that whoever is picked to be the first zombie should be teleported to spawn.

As far as the Alltalk thing. I think I have a good idea for that. Alltalk should be automatically on at the start of a round so all the humans can talk and then it is deactivated as soon as a zombie spawns.

3. Default

Cal doing that would make some escape maps virtually impossible to win: Deathstar escape, Lostworld Redux, LOTR...
    Alltalk may be a slight disadvantage for humans and will cause more noise, it makes the admin's job easier making sure no one mic spams or for players to communicate with admins (most players don't know about the @ command).

Quote Originally Posted by DrTran View Post
    Cal doing that would make some escape maps virtually impossible to win: Deathstar escape, Lostworld Redux, LOTR...
    Alltalk may be a slight disadvantage for humans and will cause more noise, it makes the admin's job easier making sure no one mic spams or for players to communicate with admins (most players don't know about the @ command).
    i agree with dr tran for once, alltalk isnt a problem, u can still use team chat. i usually never hear anything over the mic in zm that would benefit the other team if alltalk was on

5. Default

i just can't stand the all talk with no mute, it's just simply to much.
    Quote Originally Posted by EVL_Ripper View Post

Oh and let your mom know I did receive the invitation she sent for your party at Chuck E Cheese tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by THE HOLY SH**T! View Post
    i just can't stand the all talk with no mute, it's just simply to much.
    you can player list mute you know?....

7. Default

what we need is the old version of all talk, where dead zombies could talk to ct's, but live ones were restricted to their own team.

and it's hard enough to get in with 43 slots, reduceing it to 35 would mean you could never join., i think if zero reduces slots, he needs tp make a second zm server. god knows enough people would be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    what we need is the old version of all talk, where dead zombies could talk to ct's, but live ones were restricted to their own team.

and it's hard enough to get in with 43 slots, reduceing it to 35 would mean you could never join., i think if zero reduces slots, he needs tp make a second zm server. god knows enough people would be there.
    that would still allow ghosting

9. Default

Whoever started this alltalk shit is a dumbass, okay? We've played here for two years fine without alltalk. Everything you said I was for, holy, and especially the 31-34 slots. We use to have what was it... 31?

Also, change the zombie stats back to the way they were. It's almost impossible to strafe jump nowadays into tubes.

Again, fuck alltalk. Change it back to the way we use to have it.

Also, it wasn't posted.... but we need to talk about how admins choose their maps. I recently had a problem with Xen on this... what had happened was that a vote was cast (random) and the winning vote was texture escape. Well, Xen doesn't like texture escape... so she puts up a vote of a map she likes and she said NOBODY had an objection when I had a fucking objection. Texture escape has always been a balanced map, and we use to always play it. The problem now is that everybody votes for the escape maps where humans rarely ever win.

@hallwagner : player mute doesn't work.

10. Default

I think it was explained, but the reason for the alltalk is so admins can control mic spamming better.