1. Default

Okay the head of hl2.net found another vid of it:
    http://e3.g4tv.com/videos/46537/E3-2...Portal-2-Demo/

skip ahead to 5:50

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by THE HOLY SH**T! View Post
    wcs was actually quite fun....

hopefully it wont go.
    WCS is fun, and will be back. I wouldn't worry on that. Might be a few months but worth the wait.

As for the update itself.

The TF2 new UI looks like crap, but I agree with the guy in the second video that the training mode is pretty cool and would have been nice at launch. Also it looks like the modded hit boxes which could be a good or bad thing. I just want the ear-buds like the Mac version!

For CS:S, I wish they would release hit boxes like in CS1.6, but that's what CSProMod is for. Since the hit boxes in CS:S already make no sense a TF2 hit box mod might actually improve things compared to the horrid boxes CS:S currently has.

As for engine improvement period I hope to see general improvements in visuals with this update to CS:S. Slightly cleaner character models and effects like in HL2:EP2 or L4D2.

I can't wait to own Mac users. I think its a great thing that get to play Valve games because Apple general sucks ass so Valve is doing great things to allow new gamers to play great games. I actually hope with Valve working the PS3 now that in the future we could see PC vs Mac vs PS3 users in CS:S servers one day.

3. Default

schnacky You dont go changing everything up after 6 fucking years of nothing but very minor fixes, when everyone has gotten used to the current hitboxes and mastered them along with making a ton of mods for that game that will be screwed over in some forum or another by the update

If there past updates this year have been any indication of anything this is going to be royally fucked up and full of stupid bugs, glitches and expliots along with making the game run worse on all systems.

and god help us all if they make the main menu look as bad as the one being used for tf2 now and if the engineer update doesnt really fix anything for tf2 like making all the classes unqiue and powerful again I'm uninstalling it.

Basically why the fuck are they changing everything up on the pc users when all they should be doing is the bare minimum to get it working on the mac and leave everything else alone, all of these engine changes should have NEVER happened in the first place along with that god awful tf2 menu change

Valve if you wanna mix it up with css, MAKE CSS 2 WITH IT YA NIMRODS AND LEAVE THE ORIGINAL ALONE!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    schnacky You dont go changing everything up after 6 fucking years of nothing but very minor fixes, when everyone has gotten used to the current hitboxes and mastered them along with making a ton of mods for that game that will be screwed over in some forum or another by the update

If there past updates this year have been any indication of anything this is going to be royally fucked up and full of stupid bugs, glitches and expliots along with making the game run worse on all systems.

and god help us all if they make the main menu look as bad as the one being used for tf2 now and if the engineer update doesnt really fix anything for tf2 like making all the classes unqiue and powerful again I'm uninstalling it.

Basically why the fuck are they changing everything up on the pc users when all they should be doing is the bare minimum to get it working on the mac and leave everything else alone, all of these engine changes should have NEVER happened in the first place along with that god awful tf2 menu change

Valve if you wanna mix it up with css, MAKE CSS 2 WITH IT YA NIMRODS AND LEAVE THE ORIGINAL ALONE!
    eh, while your right in one aspect. I really want them to upgrade the visuals for CSS like they did for HL2. That was quite nice and all I really want.

As for running worse... doubt it will affect my performance. Actually might improve it since Source 2009 has more up-to-date code to make my 7750be and GTX480SC dance since I get worse performance running CSS then Crysis or HL2:EP2.

5. Default

Did you see these? their HL2 engine update somehow screwed up the maps and has caused me a bunch of problems that didnt exsist before the update

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1290555

Pages 9 - 12 and one on 14
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...1286478&page=9

I filled in an entire page with them on pg 12 and I didnt even bother going through the game after I reached the midpoint at the lighthouse because of all the problems I was encountering and how disgusted I was at this update

and it spilled over into gmods hl2 maps too
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1298525

FYI I used to play a mod called synergy which used a detuned version of the 2007 engine and it NEVER HAD ANY OF THOSE PROBLEMS, same thing with obsidian conflict.

So this seems to be Valve's new moto for this year
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 06-18-2010 at 06:58 AM.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    Did you see these? their HL2 engine update somehow screwed up the maps and has caused me a bunch of problems that didnt exsist before the update

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1290555

Pages 9 - 12 and one on 14
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...1286478&page=9

I filled in an entire page with them on pg 12 and I didnt even bother going through the game after I reached the midpoint at the lighthouse because of all the problems I was encountering and how disgusted I was at this update

and it spilled over into gmods hl2 maps too
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1298525

FYI I used to play a mod called synergy which used a detuned version of the 2007 engine and it NEVER HAD ANY OF THOSE PROBLEMS, same thing with obsidian conflict.

So this seems to be Valve's new moto for this year
    You seem to forget that Valve is dedicated to continuing support for all their games no matter how old. Back a few years ago Valve released an engine update for 1.6 and HL1 that completely broke both games. They fixed the issues in about a month with I think 3 minor updates. This will be the same.

They also changed CS:S's weapons strength and recoil multiple times for the first few months after release before settling with what we have now. And this isn't the first update we have seen like this. They did a minor update with the release of HL2:Ep1. That time didn't screw everything up though.

Give things a little while and everything will be cleared up. You have to release something before all the bugs can be worked out.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Schnacky View Post
    You seem to forget that Valve is dedicated to continuing support for all their games no matter how old. Back a few years ago Valve released an engine update for 1.6 and HL1 that completely broke both games. They fixed the issues in about a month with I think 3 minor updates. This will be the same.

They also changed CS:S's weapons strength and recoil multiple times for the first few months after release before settling with what we have now. And this isn't the first update we have seen like this. They did a minor update with the release of HL2:Ep1. That time didn't screw everything up though.

Give things a little while and everything will be cleared up. You have to release something before all the bugs can be worked out.
    but we don't want them to release anything. therin lies the fault of your logic
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    but we don't want them to release anything. therin lies the fault of your logic
    Valve isn't going to maintain CS:S for PC and MAC on separate codebases. There's a mandate out there from valve higherups to get all or most of their source games on MAC. It's gotta happen.
    Kiro : us fireyes got dumb by his girl that y he is suck

9. Default

What if we just destroy mac then there is nothing for them to update it to!?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    What if we just destroy mac then there is nothing for them to update it to!?
    This has nothing to do with Mac other than them releasing the game there. They are upgrading the engine to Source 2009 which is the TF2/HL2:Ep2/Portal/L4D engine. So even if they didnt release the game for Mac, we would still get the update.

@acolyte_to_jippity - If you dont want them to support their products maybe they should stop updating VAC too.