Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: CSS Beta going live next week

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Schnacky View Post
    This has nothing to do with Mac other than them releasing the game there. They are upgrading the engine to Source 2009 which is the TF2/HL2:Ep2/Portal/L4D engine. So even if they didnt release the game for Mac, we would still get the update.

@acolyte_to_jippity - If you dont want them to support their products maybe they should stop updating VAC too.
    lol, i love getting called out like this.

ok. when i said that, i was referring only to CS:S. that's what is being discussed here. now, it can also extend to l4d, tf2, hl2...

you see new guy, each of those games had updates that were released, FUCKING THEM OVER COMPLETELY. so in response to your question, no. actually i'd rather they not do any type of update to VAC. keep definitions up to date, but i don't want them to touch the main code behind it. simply becuse every single thing they update ends up becoming more and more fucked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    lol, i love getting called out like this.

ok. when i said that, i was referring only to CS:S. that's what is being discussed here. now, it can also extend to l4d, tf2, hl2...

you see new guy, each of those games had updates that were released, FUCKING THEM OVER COMPLETELY. so in response to your question, no. actually i'd rather they not do any type of update to VAC. keep definitions up to date, but i don't want them to touch the main code behind it. simply becuse every single thing they update ends up becoming more and more fucked up.
    VAC is the anti-cheat. O_O do you know what ur talking about?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by devour View Post
    VAC is the anti-cheat. O_O do you know what ur talking about?
    yes i do.

it's like anti virus software. the definitions need to be kept up to date, but i still find that the older versions worked far far better than the newer ones. yet, the older versions' definitions are uncompatable with the def. packs for the newer ones and thus i'm stuck w. the shitty versions.

with VAC, ideally the hack definitions would continue to be kept up with, but the actual VAC program/code itself wouldn't be touched.

because as i just pointed out, whatever valve updates/upgrades (tf2, hl2, l4d...) becomes fucked over and broken.
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    yes i do.

it's like anti virus software. the definitions need to be kept up to date, but i still find that the older versions worked far far better than the newer ones. yet, the older versions' definitions are uncompatable with the def. packs for the newer ones and thus i'm stuck w. the shitty versions.

with VAC, ideally the hack definitions would continue to be kept up with, but the actual VAC program/code itself wouldn't be touched.

because as i just pointed out, whatever valve updates/upgrades (tf2, hl2, l4d...) becomes fucked over and broken.
    I rather disagree. I love the new weapons that Valve has added and the new game modes in TF2. The new UI sucks, but I like class modifications they have done so far. I just wish pyro was a touch stronger, but like Blizzard with WoW, balancing a game like TF2 takes ages. I dont own L4D2 but L4D wasnt screwed up by the addition of survival mode and that one campaign map.

5. Default

This has nothing to do with Mac other than them releasing the game there. They are upgrading the engine to Source 2009 which is the TF2/HL2:Ep2/Portal/L4D engine. So even if they didnt release the game for Mac, we would still get the update.
    Except, I doubt that valve would go back and do these engine updates without a good reason. They know it's going to piss people off. They know it's going to break mods and introduce bugs. But it NEEDS to be ported to OSX, and updating the engine is how they're doing that.
    Kiro : us fireyes got dumb by his girl that y he is suck

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fireye View Post
    Except, I doubt that valve would go back and do these engine updates without a good reason. They know it's going to piss people off. They know it's going to break mods and introduce bugs. But it NEEDS to be ported to OSX, and updating the engine is how they're doing that.
    Actually there is a good reason. Hardware compatibility. With new hardware games might not be able to execute or achieve the same level of efficiency so developers have to patch in engine modifications to better support changes.

7. Default

Actually there is a good reason. Hardware compatibility. With new hardware games might not be able to execute or achieve the same level of efficiency so developers have to patch in engine modifications to better support changes.
    That isn't even close to the case with the Source Engine, and/or CS:S. If anything, the update introduces more hardware incompatability. It seems that the hardware dithering of some cards (even more than in the current version of CS:S) causes fog to appear much sooner than it should.

The source engine runs fine on today's hardware, in today's windows os. All versions of them that are currently active out there. I agree that they wouldn't want to maintain an older codebase for hardware compat, but that just isn't the case here.
    Kiro : us fireyes got dumb by his girl that y he is suck

8. Default

"I rather disagree. I love the new weapons that Valve has added and the new game modes in TF2. The new UI sucks, but I like class modifications they have done so far. I just wish pyro was a touch stronger, but like Blizzard with WoW, balancing a game like TF2 takes ages. I dont own L4D2 but L4D wasnt screwed up by the addition of survival mode and that one campaign map."

I take it you never read any of my past posts here either:

"You keep trying to apease the masses by constantly tweaking a game instead of making a good game in your eyes your just going to make the game weaker as a result of that.

hell even yahtzee agrees with me on tf2, he stopped playing it before the medic update 2 years ago

Almost all of these unlockables for tf2 have far too many drawbacks and could have been easily fit into the current weapons set without any issue, instead of being one trick ponies like they are now (the direct hit and the backburner come to mind immediately)

So if HL2 had been made now it would have been a far more fucked up game, not a better one."

basically all of these updates cancel each other out and make obtaining them pointless, save for the dead ringer and the other spy watch

TF2 feels more like a puzzle game in that regard actually, where you constantly have to switch classes to kill anything and then you get killed by the other class that was designed to screw that class over

meaning the only way to win is to not play at all, or play fortress forever which I've heard doesnt have these problems
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 06-19-2010 at 05:32 AM.

9. Default

i just got the direct hit, and i'm loving it.

for the record

10. Default

Macs are the problem.
    Attached Images